Prop Hunt in AC
Hey guys. I had an idea that you guys might be intrested in. Prop hunt in AC! if you don't know what prop hunt is then just search it on youtube. I thought that you lot might like it. Its very funny plus as you add new game modes every version of AC I thought it would be a good idea!
Thanks given by:
would certainly be interesting but as an official game mode? i don't think that would be everyone's cup of tea.
Thanks given by:
That would require a bunch of new maps to even get it to work. I think this is a shooter, not GMOD.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jan 15, 03:39PM)MykeGregory Wrote: would certainly be interesting but as an official game mode? i don't think that would be everyone's cup of tea.

Irrelevant, TOSOK ain't my cup of tea and yet it's an official game mode.
Thanks given by:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmvXmE7ebm0
Thanks given by:
Im here to shoot people, not moving watermelons
Thanks given by:
For those whom cbf googling:

It's hide and seek, except you turn into a mapmodel and wait for someone to try to figure out where you are and kill you, within an allotted time period.
Thanks given by:
If the devs don't want gema, there's no way they'll want this.
Thanks given by:
this > gema.

For the record.
Thanks given by:
I'd love to see this happen (as a server mod, not an official game mode as it would slow down the game too drastically).

(09 Jan 15, 10:33AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: this > gema.

For the record.

I agree.
Thanks given by:
I'm guilty of hating on gemas in the past but now i really don't care what other people find fun or challenging. I will ask what does this concept of prop hunt have to do with gemas though? puzzle maps are a cool concept imo gemas should be given some credit and not needlessly hated on, we can have multiple game modes co-existing in peace people... personally i preferred a lot of the old maps that no longer fit the requisites to the @camper shitfest of today which proves how these restrictions have utterly failed even the shithouse maps have gotten worse....
Demonwolf what do you mean by slow the game too drastically? it's like you have this concrete idea of what AC is or should be, it would be a new mode so in a sense to try and draw correlations between other modes is senseless.. so far what you've achieved in this thread is taking a dump on gemas. i've seen some damn creative gemas in my time and ive seen some dogshit ones same with the officials....
Thanks given by:
(09 Jan 15, 10:09AM)Orynge Wrote: If the devs don't want gema, there's no way they'll want this.

If this game has a decent comunity it wouldnt be what the devs want it would be what the comunity wants. So tbh I'd make a poll.
Thanks given by:
Plus it wouldn't lag the game up just use the same maps but more mapmodels. Make a system where each round it swaps objective over so on one round one team is a prop other team is hunters and on the next round they swap over so its fair. Just try it and see how it goes.
Thanks given by:
Not forgetting being able to switch from mapmodel to mapmodel and 30s for the props to hide before the hunters spawn in
Thanks given by:
Anyway any lag wouldn't affect the masterserver it would affect the servers shown by the master server it won't affect you lot so if it lags it isn't your problem just develop the game mode and see how it goes if it doesn't work then no one has to play it.
Thanks given by:
What about we get that new 'capture the base' mode thing first?
Thanks given by:
(10 Jan 15, 02:21PM)Marti Wrote: What about we get that new 'capture the base' mode thing first?

^I agree with the klompen guy! CTB!
Thanks given by:
(10 Jan 15, 02:36PM)Andrez Wrote:
(10 Jan 15, 02:21PM)Marti Wrote: What about we get that new 'capture the base' mode thing first?

^I agree with the klompen guy! CTB!

you mean Hardpoint?

Thanks given by:
running trees ? :P AC is too small for such thing. And what hitboxes and clipping? at least you can learn jump and move with AR in gema maps.
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure the cube engine isn't compatible with the idea in any way.

I second for finalizing CTB.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jan 15, 04:26PM)Alien Wrote: running trees ? :P AC is too small for such thing. And what hitboxes and clipping? at least you can learn jump and move with AR in gema maps.

If you can create maps in 'coop mode' on multiplayer then I dont see why prop hunt is gonna be a problem. Just try it see how it goes
Thanks given by:
Inb4 too much work that no one wants to do.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jan 15, 02:35AM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote: Inb4 too much work that no one wants to do.

It would require larger maps with an abundance of mapmodels to pull off. Lag issues aside, does it really make sense to add a bunch of maps to AC only for 1 specific mode?
Thanks given by:
1º FUN
2º idc so much
3º idem
4º idem
Thanks given by:
Thank you 1Cap for your brilliant contribution.
Thanks given by:
No need to be sarcastic. I thought that was clear.
The most important is the fun.
Good maps for pisol_f or lss need to be specific. It is possible to use generic maps, however specific maps for each mode bring better results. The same would be to Hunt mode.
This is totally out of the game perspective, but it's great fun, no doubt.

But I agree that it is not the time for that. The idea lighted by new textures is the ideal way to improve the game. This is the road.
Thanks given by:

For the record.

What's wrong with gema?
Thanks given by:
i want prop hunt so bad

do you know how much fun i had being a box

do you
Thanks given by: Orynge

For the record.

i think RK is just upset he can't do gemas

or get above a 1.0 ratio on a public server.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jan 15, 05:57PM)Cemer Wrote: i want prop hunt so bad

do you know how much fun i had being a box

do you

I dont

Pls enlighten me
Thanks given by: