auto gun switch
Hey guys,

i need to complain about a bug ingame. Whenever i am playing ac for a while, i am holding knife or pistol in my hand, without any influence by me nor by the mouse.

Also i noticed that i am getting sometimes knife instead of pistol when i am doing a single scroll. This bug is occuring since 1.2. and i am not the only one, who has this sort of bug.

First i thought, it could be some mouse driver problem or the mouse got dirty inside, but both i would exclude, because i don't get this bug in any other game. Furthermore i can start ac, doing nothing and hold some different gun in my hand after some time.
Thanks given by:
Do you have any scripts/commands (autoexec.cfg and saved.cfg) that could switch the universaldelta value from 1 to -1 and vice-versa?
Thanks given by:
I suggest unbinding MOUSE4 and MOUSE5 first, to double-check it's not the mouse after-all.
Thanks given by:
@ExodusS: I don't use any scripts of this sort. The only script i am currently running is changing the color of my crosshair on each side.

@Kiwi: I will check it, if i haven't done this already.
Thanks given by:
I have a similar problem. Whenever i am firing with smg/AR, it auto switches me to a grenade.
Thanks given by:
I have offtopic question: Am I only one who has only one pistol after taking akimbo and switching to it immidiately?
Thanks given by:
(30 Dec 14, 11:41AM)Mise Wrote: I have a similar problem. Whenever i am firing with smg/AR, it auto switches me to a grenade.

Ac encourages sexy gibbing :D

Elite are you sure you are scrolling the right way to pistol or knife? (Stupid question i know but maybe its accidental binded the other way)
Thanks given by:
try renaming saved.cfg
Thanks given by:
I have deleted the default binds of MouseButton 4 and 5.

@stef: What do you mean exactly by renaming the saved.cfg ? Choose any different name for it, would work ?
Thanks given by:
yes, keep a backup of your current saved.cfg and delete the original (which is the same as renaming it) in order to try the game with the default settings without losing your own config.
Thanks given by:
(30 Dec 14, 01:11PM)madcatz Wrote: I have offtopic question: Am I only one who has only one pistol after taking akimbo and switching to it immidiately?

NO! I have this same stupid thing and no one else is talented enough to replicate it. 
Thanks given by:
I had the same problem when I had my mouse plugged into usb3. As soon as I switched to Usb2 the problem disappeared.

Idk why but it just cured it for me
Thanks given by:
(30 Dec 14, 08:33PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote:
(30 Dec 14, 01:11PM)madcatz Wrote: I have offtopic question: Am I only one who has only one pistol after taking akimbo and switching to it immidiately?

NO! I have this same stupid thing and no one else is talented enough to replicate it. 

it's better to have auto switch to akimbo on pickup, I find i would still get this glitch sometimes either way.  But you can skip a reload phase like a boss.  For elites problem I can't say I've ever encountered such a glitch but I'm not some grubby bastard who uses scroll wheel for weapon switch though
Thanks given by:
(30 Dec 14, 11:41AM)Mise Wrote: I have a similar problem. Whenever i am firing with smg/AR, it auto switches me to a grenade.

I get this every couple hours playing AC. Vanquish can confirm my rage. 
Thanks given by:
Yeah its extremely annoying, im in the middle of fire and it just switches to grenade, causing insta death to myself, basically suicide.
Thanks given by:
Make sure its not your mouse scroll wheel. I know mine does that.
Thanks given by:
Still not resolved, after some changes i got more or less rid of this bug, but now its happening again.
Once this bug occurs, my gun is changing nearly every 10 seconds to knife/pistol/whatever.
Thanks given by:
the game is now punishing murderers by making them kill themselves

ac has never been edgier
Thanks given by: Orynge
Weapon roulette. Try going with it and see how universally beast you get.
Thanks given by: