Poll: Would you like to playtest and discover new maps in inters/clan matches
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, i'm interested
88.89%
8 88.89%
No
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Custom map match servers
I just thought it might be a good idea.
Since only official maps are played competitively (for reasons i can understand), we can hardly get competitive players to test new maps. As a result, it's hard to get feedback on what packages should be added or not to assaultcube, and some maps with a huge potentiel aren't getting played.

I suggest that we run one or two servers with a small set of potentially "good" maps to try interclans/clan matches, to see how they perform under these conditions. I need to know if some people are interested though.

Note : its an opportunity for everyone to express their thoughts about maps they like or not, and to improve the competitive gameplay. Many maps are available, but too few are getting played. Many official maps are not interesting in clanmatch/inters.
Thanks given by:
If people are keen on this, I can supply one, based on these maps: http://gibbed.me/custom.shtml

Anyone else looking to do a custom-map server, you can use this script to generate a maprot via cron:

# List the maps:
find /path/to/custom-map-files/*.cgz /path/to/official-map-files/*.cgz -type f -printf "%f\n" > /path/to/.TEMPFILE.txt
# Delete the old maprot.cfg
echo "" > /path/to/maprot.cfg
# Set a random mode+time for each map in maprot.cfg:
while read line; do
  RANDOMMODE=`echo "0\n2\n3\n4\n5\n6\n9\n10\n11\n13\14\n15" | sort -uR | head -n1`
  RANDOMTIME=`shuf -i 7-13 | head -n1`
  echo $line | sed s/.cgz/:"$RANDOMMODE":"$RANDOMTIME":1/g >> /path/to/maprot.cfg
done < /path/to/.TEMPFILE.txt
Thanks given by:
I can surely run a custom map server.
Why do you need to create a maprot with cron, just to give every map a fair chance?
Thanks given by:
(28 Dec 14, 01:54PM)MathiasB Wrote: I can surely run a custom map server.
Why do you need to create a maprot with cron, just to give every map a fair chance?

I have 140 custom maps. I'm not going to bother writing a maprot manually.

Random time + random mode + random map = the chance to stumble upon something new. Players can still vote for any map uploaded to the server that they choose.
Thanks given by: