ac_abyss
Yeah, couldn't come up with another name (that would fit better) that hasn't already been used. 

Anyways, I've been working on this map for a while now, and I still don't think it's done. I want people to post their oppinions and cristicism, and tell me what I could do better. If people would want to test it in an inter, that would be awesome. Right now I'm too lazy to upload it somewhere, so you'll have to go to the se-rc.tk (1111/2222/3333) servers and just vote /ctf ac_abyss if you want to check it out. For those who are too lazy to open AC, here are some screens
Thanks in advance

Edit: http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=1377
Edit 2: Thanks to Lucas, you can now just do /getmap ac_abyss ingame
Thanks given by:
me like

The blue lights seemed a bit strong though.

I'm sure exoduss will be along shortly to tear the map apart.
Thanks given by:
it would be easier for everyone to test it if you uploaded it to akimbo.
Thanks given by:
(14 Dec 14, 10:20PM)Luc@s Wrote: it would be easier for everyone to test it if you uploaded it to akimbo.
Thought joining a server and vote the map would be way easier, but sure. The reason I didn't upload it to akimbo is simply because it's not done yet. But if someone told me how to properly do it, I will
Thanks given by:
if a map is available on akimbo you can download it in game just doing /getmap themap.
you don't even need to be connected to a server. so thats pretty straightforward.
akimbo will also generate a minimap like preview of your map and some statistics.
you can upload your map even if its not finished and update it as much as you want.

All you need to know before posting is here : http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=30
Thanks given by:
Alrighty, I think I did it correctly. Edited the main post with the link to the akimbo thread.
Thanks given by:
(14 Dec 14, 10:18PM)PhaNtom Wrote: The blue lights seemed a bit strong though.

i also told him and he said he wants to keep them :)
Thanks given by:
i fixed the packaging for you.
the preview / stats will show up in less than an hour (they are generated each hour when new content is detected).

for now, you can download the map in game just by typing /getmap ac_abyss.
Thanks given by:
Ok, it has been 9 days, and it would be cool if I could get some feedback on the map.
Thanks given by:
I tested it the day you created the thread but IDK why, I didn't post any feedback.

So, I like the main theme is great in overall, we really feel the "galery/cavern" idea. I like the way it seems deep at some points, and it feels almost at the surface sometimes as we can see the sky.

The use of textures is kinda great too but I think those tiles textures are really ugly (personal POV) that's why I try to avoid them in all my maps. The grass texture does not fit at all with the map, you should check at most nice official maps with grass inside (maps like ac_industrial etc...) to see how mappers deal with the grass/dirt combo and wich textures they use to match the green/brown floor well.
I like the way you alterned the textures (gray/white) in natural stairs so that it's more easy to see what is a path and what isn't.

The outside lights are way too blue to be realistic, a very clear blue would be better (check at ac_palenque's cavern to see what I mean by a "clear blue"), also the main lights are also too much white and it lowers the "deep" effect you wanted to create in this map.

The gameplay is kinda interesting, out of the double path nearby the CLA base and which isn't at the RVSF side, you can see in the mapshot that everything is almost symetrical (even the positions of the two camp spots. The bases are IMO not well determined and when you are in it, nothing except the flags and the water shows that you are in a base, it looks like a huge crossing pathway with a pilar.

EDIT: In overall, the map is great, I just focused on things that aren't perfect so that you can work out and make a way better map next time.
Thanks given by:
So it's been roughly half a year, and I finally decided to upload the updated version of the map. The map is found here, and can be downloaded ingame by typing "/getmap ac_abyss". 

The following changes has been made:
  • The dirt and grass textures has been changes, so that it now fits better with the map theme.
  • Floor textures in the more industrial areas has been changed.
  • Added a lot of floor details.
  • The ground around the flags are now flat.
  • The lighting has been improved. Yellow-ish lights have been added in the cave areas, while in the outdoor ares the lights are more blue, but not as much as before. 
  • Several places on the map has been expanded, so that you get more room to walk around. 
  • Reduced the line-of-sight in a few areas.
  • Made some "staircases" less steep.
  • And some more details.
And some screenshots, cus why not
Cheers in advance for opening your game, typing "/getmap ac_abyss" and "/ctf ac_abyss". I know you will
Thanks given by:
I like how all the rooms are curvy, instead of a bunch of squares. :3
Thanks given by:
Damn right i will!
Thanks given by:
I noticed a flying pickaxe shortly after you leave CLAs west exit

other than this this is a really cool map! not sure if I saw everything tho :D
Thanks given by:
Ah wow, didn't even notice that one at first. Will be fixed and updated soon
Thanks given by: