People with some pc knowledge

Hey guys so i just got a new pc and its got a gtx 750. The thing is, my friend has a gtx 760, and runs the game at the same settings as me, but he gets 1000fps but i get 250? Also, we both run on 1080p and my drivers are up to date. Am i missing something?
Thanks given by:
inb4 Vanquish blows your mind with vast GPU knowledge...

You could probably understand pretty quickly by glancing over the information here...

But, I am no expert... However looking over specifications quickly, it seems to me that the 10 point difference in Model number is equivalent to a nearly doubled gain in performance specifications found in the 760 over the 750Ti.

If I have this right, you may simply be misled in to thinking that your 750 is that similar to the performance of your mate's 760...

Disclaimer: I may just be noob, but bored and taking a stab at it anyway >_>
Thanks given by:
Hmm i was sort of aware of this, but didnt expect a 750 fps difference haha
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 14, 09:53PM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote: If I have this right, you may simply be misled in to thinking that your 750 is that similar to the performance of your mate's 760...

Pretty much this. The 750 isn't an amazing card, even though it's pretty decent. Obviously there could be some other throttling issues with your CPU/PSU/etc, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 760 really is just that much better than the 750. One does cost like twice the price of the other, at least here in the UK anyway... :p
Thanks given by:
i'm not an expert but this doesn't make much sense.
i have a shitty ati 5700 and i still get like 300-600fps on most maps.

maybe try /maxfps 1000?
Thanks given by:
It depends on what settings he's running AC on, I guess. despite being like 4 years older, the 5770 is slightly faster than the 750, and the 5750 is slightly slower, idk which model you have.
Thanks given by:
Did you both check the fps on the same map/spots? Some maps have fps drops
Thanks given by:
You are probably running AC on your chipset GC, try to launch the game with the good graphic card or tell us if you are sure (if it tells you in the console at the start of the game) you are on the GTX 750.

Plus, with my Intel, I have around 200 fps as well, so new Intel GC might run the game at 250 fps, I'm pretty sure it's the problem here.
Thanks given by:
I get around 600-700FPS on a GTX 650. A 750 Ti should easily hit 800-1000. Something might be bottlenecking your graphics card (such as the CPU)
Thanks given by:
To figure out, what limits your fps, there's a simple rule: if it's the hardware, the fps will not be stable. It will change, depending on the viewed map and position. If the fps is very stable (like constant 60 or 250 +-1), it's some kind of artificial limit - for example maxfps or vsync.

In your case, I'd check maxfps.
Thanks given by:
Here you can actually compare those GPUs http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeFo...389.0.html
Thanks given by:
(17 Dec 14, 11:59AM)stef Wrote: In your case, I'd check maxfps.

More specifically, if you are unsure how to do this...
Type it in-game to see what your maximum fps is set to:

/maxfps

This will return an integer in the game console output that is the value yours is set to.
Thanks given by:
I tried max fps. I ran it on both the cpu 200 fps and gpu 250 fps. I play on the lowest settings
Thanks given by: