Abnormal Client Behavior?
I got auto-kicked in gema portal for trying to hax jump a fence. Why do I have abnormal client behavior? The only client mods I have are:

1) gibbed.me admin script
2) geoip admin script
3) admin password script

http://i.imgur.com/pFeEEio.jpg

I was trying to hax jump the fence after I fell into the water near the end. I just tried again and I didn't get kicked for abnormal client behavior. Other than the above mentioned scripts, I am using vanilla assaultcube from my repository: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/commu...saultcube/

.....why would hax jumping cause abnormal client behavior?
Thanks given by:
Maybe it was just a condition that would be hard to reproduce. Some people got autobanned for jumping up the stairs on one of those camper maps as it looked like they were speeding. I guess you just happened to pass a certain threshold.
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 14, 09:34AM)vonunov Wrote: Maybe it was just a condition that would be hard to reproduce. Some people got autobanned for jumping up the stairs on one of those camper maps as it looked like they were speeding. I guess you just happened to pass a certain threshold.

Just about spot on.

I've had this happen once before myself Mousikos (it's been such a long time ago honestly). It could be a number of things, some of which vonunov has already pointed out. Some other things that could've caused this could include: Lag, going faster than 2.0 (It's possible, /showspeed 1), even something as simple as hitting your head too many times on a ceiling can cause it (it's kinda silly, but it's happened). Try contacting |HP| or eva (especially eva since she hosts it if I'm not mistaken), they might be able to explain it a little more in depth.
Thanks given by:
I know in some matches i've played people got autobanned for speedhack when they did a haxjump, guess that is related?
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 14, 09:34AM)vonunov Wrote: Maybe it was just a condition that would be hard to reproduce. Some people got autobanned for jumping up the stairs on one of those camper maps as it looked like they were speeding. I guess you just happened to pass a certain threshold.

Yeah but that wouldn't give you "auto-kicked abnormal client behavior". That would give you "auto-banned for speed hack".
Thanks given by:
Its happened a few times to me and it seems to have something to do with lag from what I can gather. The few times ive noticed it I happened to be lagging (which is somewhat rare).

Could be the server isnt receiving packets correctly from the client. I dont fucking know.
Thanks given by:
Everytime i jump on a box i'm getting kicked
Thanks given by:
Could also be your constant lag :D
Thanks given by:
because hax-jumping is actually a bug?
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 14, 12:06PM)Robtics Wrote: because hax-jumping is actually a bug?

Correction, an exploit.
Thanks given by:
Anyway, we should completelly delete the whole bug from the game. Some people are able to reproduce the "hax-jump" without any script or "training", when they jump on boxes (Honor) or even smaller obstacles (around 1 cube high...) by just binding two jump keys and pressing the two jump keys almost at the same time. This is the reason why Harrek was often banned by the server for speed-hack or something.

The bug appears when your character enters in something he isn't supposed to enter, I don't know exactly, but it seems that the engine is pushing the character out of a wall (for boxes) or the floor (for the "hax-jump"), and this is this push that is exploited. It's not easy to detect colisions but playermodels should not be able to go through walls, even a little.

Also, when you jump two times, your second jump is a higher one.
Thanks given by:
You can't hax jump by pressing two jump keys at almost the same time, unless you mean binding jump and crouch. Well, not with boxes anyway. You can double jump if your head hits something though. And how does your character enter something he isn't supposed to enter? You can hax jump from flat.
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 14, 05:00PM)Mousikos Wrote: And how does your character enter something he isn't supposed to enter? You can hax jump from flat.

I think the word "floor" was enough to describe something flat, yes, the "hax-jump" needs your character to crouch so that, if you change your character's position fast enough from crouching to jumping, then during a very small period, a part of your character will be into the floor and pushed out of it.

You can make a similar test, go in spectate mode, be sure ti be fast enough (your speed movement is x2 IIRC), go to a high room, reach the roof, aim the floor and go strait into it, you'll see that you'll go through the floor a little, if you keep pressing the forward key, you'll keep your character into the ground, if not, you will be pushed out.
Thanks given by:
What is a "hax" jump? - http://aox-ac.net/forum/390-what-is-a-h4x-jump/0

A more in depth how-to that will explain it visually -
Thanks given by:
2:32 the second jump is actually higher.
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 14, 01:46PM)ExodusS Wrote: Anyway, we should completelly delete the whole bug from the game. Some people are able to reproduce the "hax-jump" without any script or "training", when they jump on boxes (Honor) or even smaller obstacles (around 1 cube high...) by just binding two jump keys and pressing the two jump keys almost at the same time. This is the reason why Harrek was often banned by the server for speed-hack or something.

The bug appears when your character enters in something he isn't supposed to enter, I don't know exactly, but it seems that the engine is pushing the character out of a wall (for boxes) or the floor (for the "hax-jump"), and this is this push that is exploited. It's not easy to detect colisions but playermodels should not be able to go through walls, even a little.

Also, when you jump two times, your second jump is a higher one.

(24 Nov 14, 12:50PM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote: Correction, an exploit.

Anyways I hate to take a shit on your post dude, but in order for the hax jump to be completely removed from the game, the devs would have to do some pretty heft work to the code. Not only would the command not be bindable, but the devs would also have to consider the use of alias's to get around it, and other such annoyances. They won't most likely do it simply because it's a lot of work (such as how the double nade glitch exists to this day).
Thanks given by:
removing the whole jump would take a few minutes :)
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 14, 09:29PM)stef Wrote: removing the whole jump would take a few minutes :)

Let me guess you would remove crouch jump all together and make it like it was in ac 1.0?
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 14, 10:07PM)|HP| Wrote: Let me guess you would remove crouch jump all together and make it like it was in ac 1.0?

I had completely forgotten about that, haha.
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 14, 10:07PM)|HP| Wrote:
(25 Nov 14, 09:29PM)stef Wrote: removing the whole jump would take a few minutes :)

Let me guess you would remove crouch jump all together and make it like it was in ac 1.0?

So, |HP|... about gema portal. Can you get me more info on why I was kicked for abnormal behavior?
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 14, 10:21PM)Mousikos Wrote: ...

I was never kicked before...
but I saw boss get kicked many times! He uses bind and lags.
So maybe lag is problem? As waffles mentioned.
Thanks given by:
I used to play on the server with lags, never got kicked, maybe It's the bind ?
Thanks given by:
(26 Nov 14, 11:10AM)Million Wrote: I used to play on the server with lags, never got kicked, maybe It's the bind ?

I'm not binded.
Thanks given by:
I've gotten abnormal client behavior from gun running a bunch
Thanks given by:
Slightly OT:

When in coop, and you arent in edit mode and try to splatter someone you get autobanned for 'shotgunhack'

Wsup with that?
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 14, 01:04AM)Marti Wrote: Slightly OT:

When in coop, and you arent in edit mode and try to splatter someone you get autobanned for 'shotgunhack'

Wsup with that?

Yeah I remember that happening to me. Kept splatting Mousikos, then bam, autobanned.
Thanks given by:
I just got banned from Perros' server for abnormal client behavior. I really want to know what this abnormal client behavior IS because I am not and have never hacked. hax jump, yes. Hack, no. =\
Thanks given by:
Can that still happen if you turn your sensitivity up too high and spin around?
Thanks given by:
No idea. I can't even remember if I was hax jumping or not.
Thanks given by: