knife from left.
Hiya. I posted this on akimbo forums but its not getting any attention. I'm trying to see if someone can mod the knife action to come from the left and upside down in the hand. I am pretty sure this will make the knife feel more natural, but idk. I gimped a couple ss's together ghetto-like to try to demonstrate what I mean.

[Image: 315k3l5.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Start with this command, it'll make things easier: /righthanded 0
Thanks given by:
I want this specific to the knife. Is there a way to use this command or some variable of it to make only the knife left handed?

** omg I've spent hours trying to figure this out via cubescript but I am too damn ADD to get it.
Thanks given by:
im not in a position to try and write it but have you tried making an alias for the knife and righthanded 0, then making another alias / the end command that turns righthanded back to 1 when you switch weapons, or select any other weapon?

i havent tried cubescript in awhile and ive no notepad to do anything cute on
Thanks given by:
http://assault.cubers.net/docs/reference...r_onAttack

Maybe?
Thanks given by:
I think someone smarter could do it using all three of the suggestions I've got. But I'm very hands on. Can't really figure this sort of stuff out on my own :(

EDIT** I have tried every combination of if = alias bla bla bla!! omfg this stuff makes me feel like an idiot
Thanks given by:
If would have to be defined before onAttack because otherwise it would switch after knifing, but you want it done while holding.

Now I do not code, I am really shit at CS, but something like:

check if the weapon is a knife, if it is, make it left handed

that's really easy but what Boomy wants is a model and animation change which is way out of my grasp

leftKnife = [if (= (curweapon) (0)) [righthanded 0] [righthanded 1]]
onMapStartAlways = [leftKnife 1]

That probably won't work at all but the basics of what I was saying, plus the animation would make this what you want.

EDIT: Definitely wouldn't work 'cos you would need it to loop to always check and shit
EDIT 2: Wait no, it would check on switch? That's right I think.
Thanks given by:
(14 Nov 14, 02:27AM)DrauL Wrote: ...

well a good start would be just getting it to pull left handed. I tried your code and some variations of it, but can't get it to work :(
Thanks given by:
Since everyone else was lazy to simply mirror the animations (like a boss), I've done it for you boomy. Enjoy. The link will take you to mediafire since akimbo's become a real douche about not letting me attatch files to posts anymore (and I've complained about it). Hope this helps you out. Sorry that I don't have any screenshots (or even a gif) of it for you to preview, but atm I'm kinda jam packed with some stuff.

Download Knife

***EDIT***

Turns out good ol' Cleaner fixed that problem for me, I'll have it on akimbo at a later time (sometime today hopefully). That and I also kinda spoof'd up, didn't realize you wanted the knife in the tactical position... ^^; I'll update the link/model later today.
Thanks given by:
Sweet! now this hur worx! Thanks Fluffy Butt!! You rule!
Thanks given by:
Hey np Boomy. :)
Thanks given by: