:O
http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/04/justice/fl...index.html
Thanks given by:
Stupidity level 512315644 x 10000000. I hope nothing happens to that good old man.
Thanks given by:
'murica
Thanks given by:
Good thing they fight for the order, not ours.
As EndGame said, stupidity level 5123156440000000.
Thanks given by:
I can understand that giving the homeless free meals is not encouraging them to get unhomeless. If he were to be really helpful he would find jobs for them.
Thanks given by:
(05 Nov 14, 06:15PM)Hellspell Wrote: I can understand that giving the homeless free meals is not encouraging them to get unhomeless. If he were to be really helpful he would find jobs for them.

The problem is more than someone was pissed to see them always at the same point, after all they don't deserve to exist accordingly to the police.
Thanks given by:
(05 Nov 14, 06:15PM)Hellspell Wrote: I can understand that giving the homeless free meals is not encouraging them to get unhomeless. If he were to be really helpful he would find jobs for them.

Yeah, because homeless people are fine with being homeless and get used to it by laziness.
Lol.
Thanks given by:
(05 Nov 14, 07:20PM)Luc@s Wrote: Yeah, because homeless people are fine with being homeless and get used to it by laziness.
Lol.

Here in Brazil we have campaigns that say that, but without irony.
This removes the government focus of the cause of poverty.
Thanks given by:
Those damn lazy homeless people. How dare they be homeless.
Thanks given by:
Many homeless are homeless for their own choices, actually.
Thanks given by:
(06 Nov 14, 01:03PM)Andrez Wrote: Many homeless are homeless for their own choices, actually.

Yes, some people make some bad decisions. There's no need to punish them further for simply being homeless, for whatever reason that may be.
Thanks given by:
(05 Nov 14, 07:20PM)Luc@s Wrote:

Yeah, because homeless people are fine with being homeless and get used to it by laziness.
Lol.

What I'm saying is there are better ways of getting people out of homelessness than handing out free meals. It's a kind gesture but it doesn't encourage them to find a way out of homelessness. I don't believe the law against feeding the homeless in Fort Lauderdale was enacted with the purpose of making them starve or go and be homeless someplace else. At least I hope not.
Thanks given by:
but arresting someone for caring for others is fucked up ...
Thanks given by:
You're not allowed to serve food to public audience without proper license here in Germany, too. I guess it's like that in a whole lot of countries actually. One of the better reasons for this are matters of hygiene. If a dozen people died from food poisening, how would you judge on this story then?

In fact, we have organisations giving away food to homeless or poor people, which have to fullfill standards and are monitored and I'm sure there's something like that in USA, too. Not to speak of all that church institutions. Everybody can contribute there as he pleases.

The way some countries law enforcing forces (read police) handle things may seem ridiculous at times, but you may just have a look at your own country first. It's not only going on in the USA. I know of loads of odd things going on in Germany. I'd point at this first, before I start telling those Americans what they might be doing wrong. Just saying.
Thanks given by:
'Serve food' is that a proper meal or also buying someone a sandwich? If its the latter, you technically arent even allowed to treat a friend or familymember, seems like a stupid law to me
Thanks given by:
(07 Nov 14, 10:26AM)Marti Wrote: 'Serve food' is that a proper meal or also buying someone a sandwich? If its the latter, you technically arent even allowed to treat a friend or familymember, seems like a stupid law to me

I guess it's implied that law must be applied in matter of charity or something like that.
Thanks given by:
Just some definitions of charity

char·i·ty
n. pl. char·i·ties
1. Provision of help or relief to the poor; almsgiving.
2. Something given to help the needy; alms.
3. Benevolence or generosity toward others or toward humanity.

Meh

'Land of the free' bs4lyf
Thanks given by:
Let me give you two defs too:

Poisoning
Poisoning occurs when any substance interferes with normal body functions after it is swallowed, inhaled, injected, or absorbed. The branch of medicine that deals with the detection and treatment of poisons is known as toxicology.

killer (ˈkɪlə)
a. a person or animal that kills, esp habitually
Thanks given by:
Aint Florida got time for that, the drug-legalisation is way more important.
Thanks given by:
well, I guess the man eats the same food that he gives to those homeless people. I don't think he cooks something different for him or his friends. In such case, he would die too. There are no two thoughts about this issue. About the kind of help he's providing, at least he's helping hungry people get a meal that might be the only one they could receive during the whole day or even week. there are hundreds of reasons that could explain why homeless people are in that poverty state. That's not the discussion here.
Thanks given by:
You see Ivan, in America, for want feed homeless, you must not caught or you will jail.

QUICK IVAN! Tell Putin news of food parcels for new secret weapon.

See Ivan, if American homeless are fed they will destroy America and then we'll be biggest world power!
Thanks given by: