Low or high sensitivities
so after watchin a demo of a pro player named marti playing against sum guy named artemi i again felt the need to rethink my decisions regarding mouse sensitivity. dey played like robots, mouse always in places where the enemy actually ends up in, very smooth operation too.

i recently learned how to get demos nd i got quite a cool one 2 days ago (?). after watchin da pro players demo and watching mine i dont really know wat to think. i use dis sensitivity because i play on 60 fps so my crosshair can be really inconsistent kkk

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2h6qhc...in_CTF.dmo

there's a reasons why i was trash talking in dat game. some faget by the name of armed made the terrible mistake of trying to troll me. during dat day armed was ruining a ctf game by being a nub troll and he was trolling a guy named idk, someone from Scr3W. so i got mad and asked him to 1v1 and den during the 1v1 i was lagging until i lagged out. he accused me of a lag switch (idk wat that is) but most important of all he threatened to post the end result in the forums. so i was rly mad den and then an inter was formed and there were three people and one more was needed. den i found fagrmed in a public game and i beged him to play in our inter and he accepted and then the rest is history. serves dat faget right

so yeah the rest of the day passed by peacefully and m being happey and only until today did i have this thought, which is the current topic. all insight is appreciated

ty
Thanks given by:
Sens depends on the mouse, people with really good mouses have like a sens of 0.2 or smth

I have a shitmouse so my sens is about 9.5 lol
Thanks given by:
k..

EDIT:

this is the first game i've ever played that has such horrendous mousemovement playing in low FPS. or is it just me
Thanks given by:
Depends on your dpi. different settings work for different players. Some, like me, still are noob. IMO the best way is to adjust it till right after it smooths out. You can tell when you move your weapon and it's a bit slow, get it to that point and adjust a point or a half until that slight lag in your mouse movement goes away. After six years of playing this game and 20years or more of various fps Im just now realizing there is no "best" way to do it. some pro players can do a 360 with a slight flick of the wrist, and some practically have to use a whole damn table worth of arm movement to do a 180. Somewhere in between I find is most comfortable for me. Don't forget to take into consideration your field of view. If you use 120 like most do that's cool. But changing that lower will make your mouse seem faster.
Summary of my settings,
5700 dpi
120 field of view
20 sens

Or
3600 dpi
108 fov
7.5 sens

Or
5700 dpi
108 fov
9 sens
*edit* forgot to mention polling rate. I use 1000, and if your mouse is capable that is definitely my suggestion.
It will just take time.
All "pro" players were once noobs. I still suck at it but I've def improved over the years.
I remember when various players that are good now that were straight shitty when they started. Trial and error is the only way to do it man. You will hear something different from most players, you will have to just develop the best way for YOU.

Btw: try this: put a dot on your monitor to give you a xhair for your sniper, and go into singleplayer mode, deathmatch, idlebots 1. And just take your time and develop your sniper and determine your best settings. I do this occasionally to keep my aim sharp and tweak my settings. Just remember only in bot mode, then wipe it off for regular gameplay. I say this because jamz can see the dot on your monitor. Don't ask me how.
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 14, 12:28PM)G1gantuan Wrote: this is the first game i've ever played that has such horrendous mousemovement playing in low FPS. or is it just me

not just you - here is the explanation as well as I understand what it is that you're experiencing.

As for mouse sensitivities, I think anything from about 20cm/360 to 40cm/360 is playable, and anything lower or higher is personal preference. Since I've changed my mouse sens a lot (was around 90cm/360 in mid-1.1, then I changed it to around 47cm/360, then 41cm/360, then 33cm/360, and now I'm at around 28cm/360 (the toxjq sens)), I guess I'm in a good position to say that no mouse sensitivity is perfect and that you should never set your sensitivity to something another player likes just because they like it.
I think aiming is very much a matter of alertness, reflexes and being used to your settings. There are a wide variety of professional and non-professional players in many different games and they're all using vastly different sensitivities and settings (for example, mouseaccel is commonly used in quake), and it seems to suggest that whatever you're used to will be more influential in helping you play well than simply copying someone else's settings, command for command.

Having used a forearm-achingly low sens for about a year, I'll say that the benefit of such a sensitivity is that you are able to look and turn by making movements with your arm, and then precisely target and shooting by using the wrist as a pivot and just moving your hand. I was playing pretty well with this kinda sens, and iirc Xenon was using a very similar sensitivity to me too (it may even have been slightly lower).
The opposite argument is that higher sensitivities allow for greater mobility and faster mouse movement - having to turn your mouse constantly on a low sensitivity can be quite fatiguing, especially if your mouse isn't a comfortable one.

So my advice is to try and find something you feel comfortable controlling easily with your arm and then adjust it by about 0.1 or 0.2 either way if it feels uncomfortable.
btw, I'm using a steelseries kana @ 1600dpi/500hz, sens 0.937

EDIT: sorry but i'd just like to clear this up, no mouse handles 1000hz at a constant rate even though pretty much every mouse manufacturer claims 1khz works on their products. You'd need a ridiculously OP motherboard for the mice that _can_ handle 1000hz (a standard/cheap mobo with bad usb ports will not handle the input rate well), and those mice that can handle 1khz polling rate with stability are incredibly rare. For the most part it's just a marketing gimmick, like the new ASUS ROG mouse which allegedly runs at 2000hz, which is a "world first". that's nice, but gl getting that input rate in real-world applications. most mice hover between 800-900hz so my advice would be to cap it to 500hz since that way you're always getting a stable 499hz input (2ms @ 500hz instead of 1ms @ 1000hz, so essentially no noticeable difference unless your sens is insanely low or insanely high, i say this because when i used 90cm/360 i was actually able to notice the difference a bit).
Also if your mouse doesn't natively support 500hz you can overclock your USB port on this page which if done properly won't damage your USB ports. rtfm and you'll be okay :P

(17 Oct 14, 01:10PM)Boomhauer Wrote: I say this because jamz can see the dot on your monitor. Don't ask me how.

jamz is omniscient
Thanks given by:
is it a good idea to use a sensitivity that allows you to do a 360 in 5 inches

EDIT:

boomhauer can we 1v1 hhh. meet me at lumbridge bring 500 gp
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 14, 02:47PM)G1gantuan Wrote: boomhauer can we 1v1 hhh. meet me at lumbridge bring 500 gp

I don't get it.

Edit**
Upon further investigation maybe it's a reference to mmorpg games... Lol no wonder I didn't get it. Boom don't do rpg's :-P
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 14, 02:55PM)Boomhauer Wrote:
(17 Oct 14, 02:47PM)G1gantuan Wrote: boomhauer can we 1v1 hhh. meet me at lumbridge bring 500 gp

I don't get it.

Edit**
Upon further investigation maybe it's a reference to mmorpg games... Lol no wonder I didn't get it. Boom don't do rpg's :-P

Runescape, no?
Thanks given by:
wtf i waited for forever he didnt show up hhhh
Thanks given by:

Y bring money to a fight

And dont you need to be in wildy to fight?

QQ
Thanks given by:
The real issue here is calling marti pro
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 14, 12:51AM)Waffles Wrote: The real issue here is calling marti pro

BAHAHAA! ikr!
Thanks given by:

he is my idol

(18 Oct 14, 02:04AM)Boomhauer Wrote:

BAHAHAA! ikr!

boomhauer 1v1
Thanks given by:
just 1v1 me and quit fucking around
Thanks given by:
k wen and where will we meet. will we use condoms
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 14, 02:04AM)Boomhauer Wrote:

BAHAHAA! ikr!

Gooby pls, i'll rek you any day noobhauer.

Waffles remember that one time i beat you in 1v1 ? qq
Thanks given by:
as expected from my idol. all hail master martinator
Thanks given by:
I like my DPI high and my sens down low
Thanks given by:
3500 DPI
0.12 in game sens
1000HZ scrolling

is that fast or not i don't get it rofl
Thanks given by:
I'm still trying to put on the goblin armour.

1v1 me giga, bronze scimmy only.
Thanks given by:
(21 Oct 14, 06:13AM)Xenon Wrote: 3500 DPI
0.12 in game sens
1000HZ scrolling

is that fast or not i don't get it rofl

wow

(21 Oct 14, 08:32AM)Flint Wrote: I'm still trying to put on the goblin armour.

1v1 me giga, bronze scimmy only.

afs
Thanks given by:
(21 Oct 14, 06:13AM)Xenon Wrote: 0.12 @ 3500dpi

is that fast or not

Assuming you don't have accel and your Windows sens is set to default, then yeah that's insanely slow, probably around 100cm/360 or something.
Thanks given by: