Training with bots
i just started playing playing FPS games again last month and i chose AC for reasons not related to latency (no lie). Since then i've improved a little along the way and i've been mainly focusing on my aim which is the most lacking, i've also recently got a new mouse to replace my defective one so i suppose that i've improved moreso. although i did also recently change my sensitivity to something cool, i actually plan to stick wid it

after lurking the entire forums for a while i've acquired some ideas for new training methods and i think they'll be really helpful for my improvement.

two days ago i improved my record of 107 kills nd 50+ something deaths in a ten minute match of dm in Douze to 121 kills and 40+ something deaths. can anyone pls pley a game of dm in Douze wid the best (omnipotent) bots in a 10 minute match and post here. pls its only 10 minutes

also pls discuss training wid bots

ty
Thanks given by:
Quote:Latency:

Latency is a time interval between the stimulation and response, or, from a more general point of view, as a time delay between the cause and the effect of some physical change in the system being observed.

Also, wat. Training with actual players works better (duh).
Thanks given by:
if this is the extent of your intelligence no wonder im better then u
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 14, 06:33AM)G1gantuan Wrote: if this is the extent of your intelligence no wonder im better then u

Ergh. Man. Now I'm going to have to apply ice to that burn.
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 14, 06:39AM)Huntsman Wrote:
(18 Oct 14, 06:33AM)G1gantuan Wrote: if this is the extent of your intelligence no wonder im better then u

Ergh. Man. Now I'm going to have to apply ice to that burn.

don't take it too harshly. ur cool. k

EDIT:

im gonna go in-game now bye guests
Thanks given by:
I could be wrong but I believe I'm the only player that consistently "trains" with bots.

I apply the same concepts of practicing an instrument to practicing aim.

The method:

/gamespeed 40: Set a goal for accuracy depending on the weapon. At 40 one should be able to hit a minimum of 70% with smg (distance obviously makes this lower, I'll come back to this point). Shoot at least 200 hits worth of bullets. If you achieved your goal move forward.

Increment gamespeed by 2 (or 5 if you're pressed for time) and repeat the process.

The goal should not be to simply get hits. You should try and replicate "real" aiming scenarios. I find it most effective to practice specific distances separately to get a feel for recoil/spread in varying conditions, but also keep it consistent enough to have measurable results (and therefore measurable improvement).

By the time I get to gamespeed 100 I try and at least be hitting 50% with smg (bots are easy as). The goal should not be kills but accuracy, precision, and quickness. At gamespeed 40 you're working mainly on accuracy but can get a little "slow" because you have more time to react. To combat this, I always try and get up to gamespeed 160 and hit at least 30%. With the new bots you will die a lot, but trying to get a 2 ratio and keep your accuracy relatively high will help. This is a concept called overhead. You want to be able to do something faster than you would normally need to so that normal gamespeed will seem quite simple.

Many players talk about "warming up." Before a big match I try and play at least 10 minutes on the higher gamespeeds (true 10 minutes, not game minutes). Every day when I warm up I do the whole process. It's come to the point where in a single game I can get from 40-105 fairly consistently.

That's always the key "consistency."

It should be said that this only improves one very small facet of the game, albeit and important one. However, to hang with the big boys you're gonna need to learn a lot more skills.

My advice, find a clear, concise way to improve that is also efficient, and do it everyday. If your goal is to improve.

Many people think I'm crazy and maybe I am, because common knowledge says "play against real players to get better" and that is true in terms of intelligence. If your reflexes and raw aim aren't there you're kinda fucked. Being a "pro" is not mutually exclusive to aiming though.
Thanks given by:
http://aim400kg.ru/ea_v2/
Probably the best training for hitscan aim I've used. it's pretty easy for the first 30 secs or so then it starts increasing in difficulty, by the end I have trouble coping with it.

I've never been a fan of training against bots or in pubs. In 1.1 the best way to train your aim was always to play an AR vs AR surv douze game, in my opinion. I haven't really tested new techniques out since 1.2 because my aim has always been as stable as I need it to be to play/compete well since the end of 1.1.
The one thing I'd say is that your positioning in fights is of paramount importance when it comes to making frags, so what I used to do was put myself in terrible positions or engage at disadvantageous angles and then try and compensate for that disadvantage simply by aiming well, because in matches you'll sometimes be put in those situations for real and it's important that you have a consistently high damage output even if you don't always get the frag. It's best to practice this in a low-pressure scenario, I usually did it in inters, but whatever works.
Thanks given by:
reflex TE master race reporting in.

http://www.missionred.com/games/reflexte.html

i think the common factor in everyone's attempts to get better is in trying to push your ability to inhuman limits, even if it isn't actually possible. most of it comes down to experience though
Thanks given by:
heheheeeh i made a new thread in the clans and wars section

also vanquish can u pls pwn bots in dm douze for 10 minutes and tell me wat your score is
Thanks given by:
cc clps :)
Thanks given by:
hax

EDIT:

Waffles, while I was lurking the forums for such, I found your methods the most interesting. The feature you use is also very helpful, it'll be easier to become superman with that.
Thanks given by:
The reason why I'd never trust somebody's "I pwn bots" screenshot is because they can cheat. [EDIT: it's actually clps's screenshot] has very clearly used /idlebots 1, for example, so he's shooting a target which doesn't move and doesn't shoot him back. It would be better to try and get a frag record in public servers. The current world record is 200 and it's held by Robtics. I tried to beat it once and I ended up getting exactly 200 again ._. [EDIT: for the non-believers]

(18 Oct 14, 09:23AM)Undead Wrote: i think the common factor in everyone's attempts to get better is in trying to push your ability to inhuman limits, even if it isn't actually possible

essentially this though yeah. however you'd like to go about doing it is up to you

http://youtu.be/ul7HJWuKYZ4?t=2m57s
Thanks given by:
what were the circumstances of that record? was it in douze dm and 10 minutes?

reply pls
Thanks given by:
The record was just "highest number of frags in a 15 minute game". Robtics achieved the record on TDM douze, and I got my 200 on CTF douze. In reality though, TDM or CTF on any official map would be fine, although I think douze makes it easier to farm kills because it's so open. I've tried getting similar records on other maps and my next highest record was 129, on gothic.

EDIT: The sad thing is, I joined 3 minutes into the 15 minute game. Had I been there since the beginning the record would have been mine >:(
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 14, 07:42AM)Waffles Wrote: I could be wrong but I believe I'm the only player that consistently "trains" with bots.

You're so wrong, before any " important matches " i play vs bots
+ i usually play vs bots because i don't have internet
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 14, 01:43PM)Vanquish Wrote: my next highest record was 129, on gothic.

you can get a similar amount on shine playing sniper mid aswell

(18 Oct 14, 02:06PM)Honor Wrote: i usually play vs bots because i don't have internet

#thirdworldproblems

owait
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 14, 03:46PM)Marti Wrote:
(18 Oct 14, 02:06PM)Honor Wrote: i usually play vs bots because i don't have internet

#thirdworldproblems

owait

Third world players learn their trade playing ac_desert for real. This natural selection process explains why when you do meet a third world player in ac, they tend to kick ass.
Thanks given by:
Once I almost did 2000 frags against bots.
Thanks given by: