AssaultCube On Windows 7 BAD FPS!
Hi, ppl. xD. Anyways. Can I have some help with a really bad fps problem, I've recently moved from ubuntu to windows 7 because I really hate ubuntu (its crap) so I go on Windows 7, the first thing I download is AssaultCube, I go on it it came up as 30 bad but not really bad. So I start typing my gamer tag blah blah blah and I notice when I type it takes like 5 seconds for my letters to appear (thats not all.) I look down at my fps, 4 FPS! I've uninstalled AC 3 times now, it hasn't worked :(

Thats not all! Ive downloaded fistfull of frags on steam and FoF freezes and repeats a sound thats happend in a game then eventually crashes! Help please!
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 14, 12:40AM)killerjoe Wrote: Hi, ppl. xD. Anyways. Can I have some help with a really bad fps problem, I've recently moved from ubuntu to windows 7 because I really hate ubuntu (its crap) so I go on Windows 7, the first thing I download is AssaultCube, I go on it it came up as 30 bad but not really bad. So I start typing my gamer tag blah blah blah and I notice when I type it takes like 5 seconds for my letters to appear (thats not all.) I look down at my fps, 4 FPS! I've uninstalled AC 3 times now, it hasn't worked :(

You should try to install it one more time and keep the exact same install process, the 4th is always the good one.
Also, did you update or even install drivers for your graphic(s) card(s), and did you even tried to download something else than Internet-Explorer to search about your issue on internet (since you have this issue on other games too), and why so much hate against Ubuntu, did you "rm -rf" your home or something?
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 14, 01:00AM)ExodusS Wrote:
(13 Oct 14, 12:40AM)killerjoe Wrote: Hi, ppl. xD. Anyways. Can I have some help with a really bad fps problem, I've recently moved from ubuntu to windows 7 because I really hate ubuntu (its crap) so I go on Windows 7, the first thing I download is AssaultCube, I go on it it came up as 30 bad but not really bad. So I start typing my gamer tag blah blah blah and I notice when I type it takes like 5 seconds for my letters to appear (thats not all.) I look down at my fps, 4 FPS! I've uninstalled AC 3 times now, it hasn't worked :(

You should try to install it one more time and keep the exact same install process, the 4th is always the good one.
Also, did you update or even install drivers for your graphic(s) card(s), and did you even tried to download something else than Internet-Explorer to search about your issue on internet (since you have this issue on other games too), and why so much hate against Ubuntu, did you "rm -rf" your home or something?

1. I had extremely bad problems with ubuntu. I had to re-install ubuntu 4 times because of "broken pipes" and you can't get decent applications like movie maker or certain games. Etc...

2. AssaultCube has an fps problem, Fistful of frags has a sound problem that freezes the game and after a few times crashes the computer. These are two completely different issues that may or may not be related.

3. Last time I updated my graphics drivers was on ubuntu after I restarted my computer ubuntu wouldn't load ( listening to the AC help pages again ffs) (i can't remember weather or not I reinstalled ubuntu or restored my graphics drivers to the previous ones because this was a while back) I ain't risking doing it again.

rm-rf meaning?
Thanks given by:
I want to help, I really do...
(13 Oct 14, 12:40AM)killerjoe Wrote: 1. I had extremely bad problems with ubuntu. I had to re-install ubuntu 4 times because of "broken pipes" and you can't get decent applications like movie maker or certain games. Etc...
It is always the fault of the user, don't worry, I am sure you will have minimal issues with your Windows installation... >_>
Just remember that if anything does go wrong, it is most certainly your fault... This fact will aid you in the troubleshooting process...

(13 Oct 14, 12:40AM)killerjoe Wrote: 2. AssaultCube has an fps problem, Fistful of frags has a sound problem that freezes the game and after a few times crashes the computer. These are two completely different issues that may or may not be related.
I am gonna go out on a limb and assume that you haven't installed any specific drivers for your installation, and you might be lacking some codecs or other libraries...
Specifically, look in to the settings, drivers, and configuration of your sound device...
I am absolutely certain it is a user error at some level... As stated above, remember that if it is wrong, it is your own fault...

(13 Oct 14, 12:40AM)killerjoe Wrote: 3. Last time I updated my graphics drivers was on ubuntu after I restarted my computer ubuntu wouldn't load ( listening to the AC help pages again ffs) (i can't remember weather or not I reinstalled ubuntu or restored my graphics drivers to the previous ones because this was a while back) I ain't risking doing it again.
A similar situation here - Ubuntu uses wholly different video drivers than Windows - I can almost guarantee you need to install the right video driver for your card... For Windows 7 (Not for Ubuntu)
(Still your fault)

(13 Oct 14, 12:40AM)killerjoe Wrote: rm-rf meaning?
Meaning...
rm -rf /home/killerjoe/
As in remove -recursively and with force...
If the problems continue you may consider leaving your computer turned off for a few months...
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 14, 12:40AM)killerjoe Wrote: I really hate ubuntu

Preposterous.

But as far as your problem, it's the graphics driver. How do you fix it?
Google.
Find out what gpu you have and update the damn drivers yo.
Thanks given by:
I don't like Windows, it's crap. I'd give you instructions for Windows, but I don't really know Windows.
Thanks given by:
I have windows and ac works fine

I guess you failed in setting up windows properly

Should check dem drivahs
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 14, 06:10AM)Boomhauer Wrote:
(13 Oct 14, 12:40AM)killerjoe Wrote: I really hate ubuntu

Preposterous.

But as far as your problem, it's the graphics driver. How do you fix it?
Google.
Find out what gpu you have and update the damn drivers yo.

Google isn't all ways the answer plus updating my graphics drivers isn't allways the issue but just to add to the problem I've got another steam game called war thunder, when I start it a pop up comes up saying "there will be used directx 9" I have DirectX 11 but you can't downgrade to DirectX 11 because 11 is the default graphics driver (is directx a driver) I can upgrade but not downgrade. Either I run DirectX 9 along with 11 (which is possible) or I get another graphics card.

So the whole issue may be DirectX related.

(13 Oct 14, 09:27AM)Marti Wrote: I have windows and ac works fine

I guess you failed in setting up windows properly

Should check dem drivahs

Ahh but what direct x do you have?
Thanks given by:
DirectX? Yeah, that's probably the problem. Try downgrading that for AC to work.
Shhh, don't tell him AC uses OpenGL
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 14, 10:35AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: DirectX? Yeah, that's probably the problem. Try downgrading that for AC to work.

I can't downgrade as DirectX 11 is the default DirectX it is possible that I could run dx 9 along with dx 11 but thats going to be a bit tricky.
Thanks given by:
Oh, my mistake. We updated AC, you'll need to update DirectX to the new patch that Microsoft released a few months ago. Make sure that DirectX 9 is not installed, it's buggy.I'm joking. AssaultCube uses OpenGL - NOT DirectX. The DirectX software is built into graphics drivers. Upgrade (or if required, downgrade) your graphics drivers.
EDIT: By the way, it could be your monitor. Sometimes they're just set to the wrong mode and it destroys your FPS completely! This often happens when the monitor is left off for too long and it resets to factory settings.LOL.
Thanks given by:
Actually, it might be a good idea to open your PC and pull out the graphics card and clean the dust off of it.

Unfortunately, sometimes small dust particles can interfere with the correct running of DirectX due to the dust short-circuiting some of the nano-circuitry on the DirectX chips - those chips are quite fragile technology you see.
I'm joking. AssaultCube uses OpenGL - NOT DirectX. The DirectX software is built into graphics drivers. Upgrade (or if required, downgrade) your graphics drivers. Also, dust making chips short circuit? LOL.
EDIT: While you're cleaning the dust off, check that the GPU fan blades spin clockwise, not anti-clockwise. The fan creates a magnetic field that also sometimes interferes with the correct running of the DirectX chips if it's spinning the wrong way.
Thanks given by:
Way too much 333333 colours.
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 14, 10:57AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: Actually, it might be a good idea to open your PC and pull out the graphics card and clean the dust off of it.

Unfortunately, sometimes small dust particles can interfere with the correct running of DirectX due to the dust short-circuiting some of the nano-circuitry on the DirectX chips - those chips are quite fragile technology you see.
I'm joking. AssaultCube uses OpenGL - NOT DirectX. The DirectX software is built into graphics drivers. Upgrade (or if required, downgrade) your graphics drivers. Also, dust making chips short circuit? LOL.
EDIT: While you're cleaning the dust off, check that the GPU fan blades spin clockwise, not anti-clockwise. The fan creates a magnetic field that also sometimes interferes with the correct running of the DirectX chips if it's spinning the wrong way.

DirectX chips? DirectX is software. Plus why would leaving your monitor on for a bit affect your fps, I'm using a laptop so ive got to leave it on

Whoa forum glitch I reply to your post and it says you were joking but I look at your post and it has no spoilers or anything.
Thanks given by:
[Image: idiot_alert_by_Borded_Freaks.gif]
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 14, 11:58AM)ExodusS Wrote: [Image: idiot_alert_by_Borded_Freaks.gif]

Thanks given by:
Update your drivers.
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 14, 12:47PM)Orynge Wrote: Update your drivers.

Read the posts before you post something stupid.
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 14, 11:38AM)killerjoe Wrote:
(13 Oct 14, 10:57AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: Actually, it might be a good idea to open your PC and pull out the graphics card and clean the dust off of it.

DirectX chips? DirectX is software. Plus why would leaving your monitor on for a bit affect your fps, I'm using a laptop so ive got to leave it on

Whoa forum glitch I reply to your post and it says you were joking but I look at your post and it has no spoilers or anything.
DirectX is software, yes. But there's actually a dedicated chip embedded on most modern motherboards that services the software.
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 14, 01:27PM)killerjoe Wrote: Read the posts before you post something stupid.

ironic
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 14, 01:27PM)killerjoe Wrote: Read the posts before you post something stupid.

I've never seen you saying something smart or just less than half-retarded on this forum, and now you complain about others who just try to explain to your damaged brain how to fix your issues?

//mod edit: a word
Thanks given by:

Well, telling someone that there might be dust on the power outlet terminals is supposedly the proper way to ask someone "Is it plugged in?" without making it sound like you are saying "DERDERDER PEBKAC kthx"
Thanks given by:
killerjoe... read between the lines of my post, you'll find the following:

Quote:Shhh, don't tell him AC uses OpenGL.
Quote:Upgrade (or if required, downgrade) your graphics drivers.
Quote:I'm joking. AssaultCube uses OpenGL - NOT DirectX. The OpenGL software is built into graphics drivers. Upgrade (or if required, downgrade) your graphics drivers. Also, dust making chips short circuit? LOL.

HINT: Upgrade (or if required, downgrade) your graphics drivers. It is the ONLY way to fix your problem.

AssaultCube doesn't use DirectX - if you want proof, uninstall DirectX and you'll find AC still runs.

EDIT: Sorry for playing a little game with you, but I couldn't help it, because apparently Linux is "crap".
Thanks given by:
Ok. Thanks for the advice, very helpful.

I have just installed cube 2 exactly the same problem I think the issue is that I need to install openGL
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 14, 08:32PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: EDIT: Sorry for playing a little game with you, but I couldn't help it, because apparently Linux is "crap".

BAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Thanks given by: