Question about the skill levels
So today I had a very interesting experience. I'm a pretty young FPS player, so I do thirst for competition. I joined a pub ctf game and I encountered a very interesting bunch, one that went by the name of Golathius and the other who called himself bar.

It was pretty heated when I just came in and since I'm a troll I told them that they should settle their negativities with a 1 on 1, then the one named bar went full ego overdrive saying stuff like "you really think you can beat me?" "1 v 2 i would still win" "dont even try" to the person Golathius. Then we finally went to an appropriate server and when the game was about to begin he told both of us "i need to warm up" and then he voted ctf desert3. Then he started saying stuff about how he would decimate our very beings if he was still an active player, wow way to climax even

The result of the actual game was that Golathius had a 20pt frag lead, in the map gothic, a map that bar apparently once used to be king in. His identity was revealed to be someone named Vermi, who supposedly used to be one of the best players of AC years ago. is this true

Also, Golathius told me he was an active elite. I didn't get to know his actual username but I'm pretty sure he was lying or trolling me since we had a 1v1 and when he played at his "very best" he only got a 20pt frag lead on me when I didn't even expect myself to get 5 frags since he was at the foremost of the social hierarchy and all.

So basically I'm just wondering what the actual skill level is for someone to qualify as an "elite" in this community. all insight is appreciated
Thanks given by:
Those sound like a couple random pub players who can mange to do well in pubs often.

Check out clans and see for yourself. :)
|w00p| and .rC should be able to show you some elite skill.
Thanks given by:
the one named bar was apparently in MyS, and he was also someone who used to be one of the best players in AC years ago, Vermi. do you know who this person is

also those two clans are just filled with people who have played this game for 7 years
Thanks given by:
Vermi is Vermi, isn't an alias.
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 14, 02:46PM)G1gantuan Wrote: 7 years

3 and a half pls

and yeah most people know who vermi is, he even has a forum account here. I wasn't playing AC when he was supposedly at his best, but I know he used to be better than he is atm. He started CS:GO and kinda gave up on AC, so that probably explains his drop in skill. I'm sure he could easily get it back if he cared enough, but yeah.
Thanks given by:
He told me that his drop in skill was due to his being busy in reel life, university. When did he start playing CS GO again
Thanks given by:
Vanquish, Waffles, Redbull some examples of elite players. Of course, my noob xemi too <3. Face them and you will see.
Thanks given by:
Millertime is the only elite player AC ever had
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 14, 05:45PM)Marti Wrote: Millertime is the only elite player AC ever had

CheaterRfags
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 14, 02:56PM)G1gantuan Wrote: He told me that his drop in skill was due to his being busy in reel life, university. When did he start playing CS GO again

why you care?
Thanks given by:
It's his father, the one who pays the private university.
Thanks given by:
vermi used to be unbeatable 1v1 in douze. his aim was the best ive ever seen there. other maps he was still very good.

"elite" is kinda a shitty term. There are those who like to compete for fun, and there are those who like to pub for fun.

some "competitive" players atm that are active are vanquish, xemi, redbull, endgame, harrek, honor (all of france basically) and a few others i cant think of atm. If you want to check out the scene you can get on ts sometime or just ask to play inters. most people get pretty heated, but most are friendly if you're not an ass.

hope this helped
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 14, 09:45PM)Waffles Wrote: some "competitive" players atm that are active are vanquish, xemi, redbull, endgame, harrek, honor (all of france basically) and a few others i cant think of atm.

Hi.
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 14, 09:45PM)Waffles Wrote: [...]
some "competitive" players atm that are active are vanquish, xemi, redbull, endgame ...

That moment when your AC idol recognizes you...priceless T_T
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 14, 11:12PM)Marti Wrote:
(04 Oct 14, 09:45PM)Waffles Wrote: some "competitive" players atm that are active are vanquish, xemi, redbull, endgame, harrek, honor (all of france basically) and a few others i cant think of atm.

Hi.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Thanks given by:
it's very hard to extract variables out of text so could anyone present to me a video demonstrating a skill level similar to how an "AC elite" would perform
Thanks given by:
Look for the ACWC threads and check the demos, you will find some good players in action there. As for DM I can't say where you can find some goods demos, or even why one would want to bore himself to death watching it.
Thanks given by:
i originally thought that to be considered an elite here you had to be at least this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liobVa82TgI good but i guess im k
Thanks given by:
like crema said. acwc is a good general understanding of the skill and activity of the game at that moment in time. specifically the finals. my first activity in acwc came when i was in my first clan circa 2010-11?????? optic may know.

Would've been consecutive years minus USA shaky (at best) showing in 2012-13.

Usa won the finals vs. france in the year after, marking the first upset to france since germany's dominant phase.

here are the records of that where there is some beautiful play. I highly recommend watching harrek in elevation to see some class act play. I believe it is a masterclass on how to play the map.

Some would argue that this was "low activitiy, low skill phase" but it was still much better then it is now. If you can get your hands on demos, some players to look for: horus, newbie, jason, larry, vermi, Undead (especially this dude, it is "sick as") xenon, hera, haittah, sacerock, theanthrax, panico, seriffi, jonux, vanquish, xemi, redbull, honor, bull3t. even older (somewhat): ramb0, crema, impakt'd, exoduss, morgankell(the nades), krayce. I've named a few ex-cheaters here but they're nasty as hell. There are also countless "elite" players that have played the game that i couldn't mention that are equally or more legendary then those stated. drakas, tenshi, majikal for instance. wolfSRB!!!!!!!!! the dude i learned the game from and is (in my opinion) the most intuitive and intelligent of all of them.

The game comes down to simple terms. Learn the history or gtfo. If you can't replicate and improve on the masters, you won't be "elite" in many people's eyes.

that being said, the demos of acwc sometime-somewhere:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c3oh9p...shine1.dmo
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yql8vh...Shine2.dmo
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ni7nxt...ation1.dmo
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jjpwdk...ation2.dmo
Thanks given by:
that's stupendously informative. thx
Thanks given by:
(05 Oct 14, 03:35AM)G1gantuan Wrote: it's very hard to extract variables out of text so could anyone present to me a video demonstrating a skill level similar to how an "AC elite" would perform

Look for my shotgun montage, its somewhere on this forum

Or yt: Marti's shotgun montage
Thanks given by:
(05 Oct 14, 10:19AM)Marti Wrote:
(05 Oct 14, 03:35AM)G1gantuan Wrote: it's very hard to extract variables out of text so could anyone present to me a video demonstrating a skill level similar to how an "AC elite" would perform

Look for my shotgun montage, its somewhere on this forum

Or yt: Marti's shotgun montage

i knew from the start making you my idol was a wise decision. 11/10 it's okay
Thanks given by:
Skill in AC = network, hardware, and configuration ;)
Thanks given by:
You've defined three factors to playing ability in pretty much every FPS.

If you ask me, first person shooters are the most pay2win games ever invented (mmofps never again). But that doesn't mean it doesn't consist of the fundamentals that make up every execution in every conceivable situation. It's all a mental competition, and the golden FPS games of old would portray that perfectly. These three basics are what I deem most important: aim, awareness, and consistency. Most tactics and strategies are executed by intuition anyways, even for a newbie. The FPS genre wasn't designed for strategical metamorphosis, no matter how you would oppose its core.

Low pingers are gay, the Deathadder is the best mouse ever (currently), and every competent fool should play on low graphics.
Thanks given by:
(05 Oct 14, 12:35PM)G1gantuan Wrote: Low pingers are gay

no we're superior

(05 Oct 14, 12:35PM)G1gantuan Wrote: the Deathadder is the best mouse ever (currently)

are you actually serious?
Thanks given by:
(05 Oct 14, 12:35PM)G1gantuan Wrote: the Deathadder is the best mouse ever (currently)
No.
if you want become a pro player , join a clan , play with strong player and against , even if u got pwn , watch demo
play inter and ask us to play on teamspeak , get 200fps or more and you become pro. Pro = smart gameplay and aim
and welcome to w00p.
ahahahah
Thanks given by:
(05 Oct 14, 01:34PM)ReDBuLL Wrote:
No.
if you want become a pro player , join a clan , play with strong player and against , even if u got pwn , watch demo
play inter and ask us to play on teamspeak , get 200fps or more and you become pro. Pro = smart gameplay and aim
and welcome to w00p.
ahahahah

No.
if you want to become a pro, find a dumbass who is ready to pay you to play AC
Thanks given by:
Low pingers are fags and I would own them at lan. Also if Logitech made a new version of the g9x then I would say otherwise. Quoting is hard yes
Thanks given by:
(05 Oct 14, 11:30AM)G1gantuan Wrote: i knew from the start making you my idol was a wise decision.

This guy knowsss

You are the first in this community to openly admit it, you got +1 in my 'how much do i like people' list
Thanks given by:
(05 Oct 14, 02:24PM)Marti Wrote:
(05 Oct 14, 11:30AM)G1gantuan Wrote: i knew from the start making you my idol was a wise decision.

This guy knowsss

You are the first in this community to openly admit it, you got +1 in my 'how much do i like people' list

it's a great honor to receive a reply from the great master martinator
Thanks given by: