Assault Cube and Sauer
Who play AC and Sauer ?
I'm playing sauer now, and I don't know many things... I think is good play Sauer and assault cube, I'm trying play AC only for competitive and Sauer for fun :D. But I don't have idea of this game ^^ is funny, have instagib, I like this mod. I want know if have guys on Sauer can help me, I play with guys of assault cube ^^
wow~
Thanks given by:
I've played some Sauer before, just for fun.

If you're used to playing Sauerbraten, AssaultCube might be easy for you.
Players move slower, but it's still a fast-paced game compared to most shooters. It's been described as "somewhere between Counterstrike and Quake". Generally speaking, you want to keep moving so that you are as hard to hit as possible. Be unpredictable.
Like Sauer, pickup management is an important part of AssaultCube's gameplay, but it is less about controlling weapons and more about maintaining your health, armor, and ammunition. Grab everything you can, no pickup is useless.
Also like Sauer, having good aim is especially important. With everything else equal, combat can often come down to who keeps the enemy in their sights the most. Some weapons have a lot of recoil which makes aiming harder, but mostly just takes getting used to. Practice your aim!
AssaultCube has a lot of official maps, though not quite as many as Sauer. Some are more popular in the competitive scene than others, but you'll want to get familiar with all of them. A lack of map knowledge is a huge disadvantage, and pretty much any map is open to compete.
When it comes to team strategy, you unfortunately won't find such a thing in public games. Competitive matches usually have very small team sizes (e.g. 2 or 3), so communication is key. You will want to find some experienced players to see if they can offer you any strategical advice or help you train.

Anyways, that's all I've got. Best of luck getting into the game, remember to have fun with it!

EDIT: Looking back, I may have completely reversed the meaning of your post, but I'm going to just leave this here in the off chance that I'm mistaken. Language barriers are fun stuff.
Thanks given by:
Ive eaten sauerbraten once
Thanks given by:
Some stuff:

- Most weapons in Sauer have zero recoil, but the MG has tremendously high shitty spread (worse than AC's smg)
- Players move a lot faster
- Rocket/nadejumping is a thing here, you need a lot more movement skills
- Brightskins are allowed in this game, try downloading some here
- There are many different client modifications - ComEd, OSH CrasH, Wahnclient, SuperSauer and the SWLACC client, although since SWL died it hasn't been used so much.
- Competitively, people only play insta/effic/ffa in duels and iCTF/eCTF in 3v3, teamplay (tdm with pickups)/iCTF/eCTF in 2v2, and CTF in 4v4. Some servers also run regen, and modes like collect and shit are never played anywhere.
- Popular duel maps include turbine, complex, ot, academy, legazzo, douze, frozen.
- Popular teamplay maps include hades, corruption, curvedm, skrdm3.
- Popular ctf maps are forge, dust2, reissen, forgotten.
- This is the latest upcoming competition in Sauerbraten, if you're interested.
- Most players use IRC rather than Teamspeak. The biggest community IRC channel atm is here

Yes, Sauer has like 150 official maps and most people only play about fifteen of them. Have fun in Sauer!
Thanks given by:
Sauer is definitely lightyears ahead, not only for his engine, but for the community itself, the gameplay, etc... Switch to Sauer, it's definitely funnier than AC!
Thanks given by:
hmmm thanks guys!
Thanks given by: