Traumatic Brain Injuries
Hi guys! So some of you may have noticed that I don't hang around much anymore either in game or on the forum. I suppose part of it was school and work related but my life changed profoundly this summer.

I worked in a warehouse and my job was to scan every single item in a 5-story aisle to put it into the company's inventory. So in early July, I was up on a forklift and lost balance. I fell 20 feet and my head hit an iron bar on the ground. I can't remember any of it; that's just what I've been told. I was taken to a hospital and underwent emergency surgery (doctor wasn't sure if I would live). Apparently, I suffered a subdural hematoma (blood clot in frontal lobe) and fractured my skull.

So it's been about two months. Not only did I survive but I sit here today able to walk, talk, eat, shit etc...Most of the physicians I've met with said that I am extremely lucky to be in the condition I am in right now, given the circumstances or my injuries. Unfortunately, I can't go back to school because, to relieve the swelling of my brain, part of my skull had to be tempoarily removed (lol).

TL;DR I suffered a traumatic brain injury this summer.

Anyways the reason why I made this thread was to see if anyone has had a similar expereince. Also, if you have had a severe injury, any type, that caused you to miss work/school for a couple months, WHAT DO YOU DO TO KEEP YOURSELF OCCUPIED?!? Bored as fuck.

Will post pics for justice if needed. Possibly thinking of coming back to AC just for shits and gigs.
Thanks given by:
I've had plenty of injuries but nothing close to what happened to you..

Welcome back I guess. ;D
Thanks given by:
If you were five stories up on a forklift instead of a scissor-lift you probably deserved to fall :3
Also how tall is the building if an aisle within is five stories tall????

</troll>
Thanks given by:
I fell on a plant pot when i was younger and cracked me skull open, thats about it for head injuries
Thanks given by:
Wow, I have just suffered arms and legs injuries, but nothing even close to this... Hope you get well soon!
Thanks given by:
Glad you're okay :)
Thanks given by:
:D well glad nothing this bad has happened to others

(03 Sep 14, 09:48AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: If you were five stories up on a forklift instead of a scissor-lift you probably deserved to fall :3
Also how tall is the building if an aisle within is five stories tall????

</troll>

the company i worked for is a multimillion dollar furniture company. the warehouse i worked at was its main one for the country. the building had over 250000 sqft of storage space so i think it 5 stories isnt had to believe lol. i used an order picker (i guess thats not a forklift but close) because a scissor-lift probably isn't quite big enough to pull off mattresses and couches.

this is pretty close looking to the machine i was using: [Image: Sb1jn0h.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I broke my little finger in a fight when I was young. I know what you feel. (jk)

Welcome back to AC, I don't think this game will be able to help you when you are boring, or maybe if you make some maps?
Thanks given by:
(03 Sep 14, 01:43PM)ExodusS Wrote: maybe if you make some maps?

challenge considered :DDD might try to make another
Thanks given by:
(03 Sep 14, 01:50PM)MerCyKiL Wrote:

Make a big one!
/newmap 8
Thanks given by:
/newmap 12 is no longer available
Thanks given by:
(03 Sep 14, 01:34PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: the company i worked for is a multimillion dollar furniture company.

its okay to say you work for IKEA
Thanks given by:
(03 Sep 14, 02:07PM)Nightmare Wrote:
(03 Sep 14, 01:50PM)MerCyKiL Wrote:

Make a big one!
/newmap 8

ight mercy@camper will be delivered shortly :D

(03 Sep 14, 02:43PM)Marti Wrote:
(03 Sep 14, 01:34PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: the company i worked for is a multimillion dollar furniture company.

its okay to say you work for IKEA

i will tell you that it's not IKEA but because of legal reasons, i feel it is best not to disclose the name of the company involved.
Thanks given by:
Don't worry, it will be a secret between you, me and the Mafia.
Thanks given by:
Glad to know... u r one of the lucky souls who had a hard head :P .. ROck on
Thanks given by:
I broke my wrist when I was younger but tis all. Like you said, that's pretty fricken lucky that you can still function 'normally'.
Thanks given by:
I broke a toe once by stubbing it. Was very traumatic.
Thanks given by:
glad to see you are alright bud, odd not seeing ya around

get better merc
Thanks given by:
MerCyKiL, join STEAM.
Thanks given by:
Are you stupid now?

(03 Sep 14, 11:53AM)Marti Wrote: I fell on a plant pot when i was younger and cracked me skull open, thats about it for head injuries

You're stupid now
Thanks given by:
(04 Sep 14, 09:34AM)DeathCrew77 Wrote:
(03 Sep 14, 11:53AM)Marti Wrote: I fell on a plant pot when i was younger and cracked me skull open, thats about it for head injuries

You're stupid now

Vaffanculo

I have always been stupid :)
Thanks given by:
(04 Sep 14, 11:10AM)Marti Wrote: Vaffanculo
EPIC.

Deathcrew bucio de culo, quando ce lo facciamo un 1vs1?
Thanks given by:
Well you are one though sob.
I'm glad you are alive Mercykil, get better.
Thanks given by:

I switched the words "plant pot" and was really confused why a leafy green could crack a skull.
Thanks given by:
(06 Sep 14, 06:59PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:

I switched the words "plant pot" and was really confused why a leafy green could crack a skull.

Only because i am dutch :/
Thanks given by:
that particular variety of leafy green has cracked many skulls. Figuratively of course.
Thanks given by:
I crapped gold... so it's an injury?

Welcome mate!
Thanks given by:
(04 Sep 14, 02:46PM)Andrez Wrote:
(04 Sep 14, 11:10AM)Marti Wrote: Vaffanculo
EPIC.

Deathcrew bucio de culo, quando ce lo facciamo un 1vs1?

Non ricevo PM, ma sei uno scarso che vuoi da me? :P
Thanks given by: