Stuck on 60 FPS on Macbook
Hey guys. Long time, no see. Anyways, I just got a new Macbook Pro 13". I downloaded AC and noticed that I had a constant 60 fps while running the game.

Of course, I tried /maxfps 200. Didn't seem to do anything. About 3 years ago when I tried this game on my mom's PC, I noticed that it had a constant 60 FPS rate too. Any way to get around this?
Thanks given by:
Turn off vsync?
Thanks given by:
/vsync 0
Thanks given by:
tried it. works. thank you!
Thanks given by:
yo mercykil,
i don't mean to derail your thread bro but which mac model you have and what is your max fps now? i might buy a mac pro too, but I'm not sure if is a waste of money or not :D thx
oh and I'm glad you are back to ac man, haha :)
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 14, 06:46PM)TheNihilanth Wrote: i might buy a mac pro too, but I'm not sure if is a waste of money or not :D

it is
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 14, 06:46PM)TheNihilanth Wrote: yo mercykil,
i don't mean to derail your thread bro but which mac model you have and what is your max fps now? i might buy a mac pro too, but I'm not sure if is a waste of money or not :D thx

Mac Pro or MacBook Pro? They're very different computers, and if you aren't a pro video editor, the ≥$3000 Mac Pro is probably a waste of money. Also, I'm pretty sure every new computer can run this game way past the monitor's refresh rate, so it should be fine either way.
Thanks given by:
If u use NVIDEA, Put config for performace.
Thanks given by:

:D i have the macbook pro retina 13" late 2013 model with 8gb of ram. it runs AC pretty well but i intend to use it for school mostly so i think it's worth the buy. gives both an opportunity to get professional things done and to game/stream movies.
Thanks given by:
macs are horrible for gaming. trust.

especially laptops
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 14, 03:01AM)Waffles Wrote: macs are horrible for gaming. trust.

especially laptops

They have nice screens, surprisingly low amount of reverse ghosting on them. But yeah, for every other aspect of gaming they're quite terrible.
Thanks given by:
Macs are more for people who need a workstation computer and the graphics they come integrated with is usually good enough for most video editing applications. Unless you have like the desktop version of the Mac, don't expect more than basic gaming.
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 14, 04:09AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Macs are more for people who need a workstation computer...

... and don't know two shits about computering.

People who are bad with computers, they usually can not make huge mistakes with a Mac.

It's not a complete scam for people who don't have the time to learn, or are just too old to learn, expensive or not, it's the only way for some people do do not see their computer ruined in two months.

For a young gamer, just don't buy Mac.
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 14, 01:24PM)ExodusS Wrote:
(08 Sep 14, 04:09AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Macs are more for people who need a workstation computer...

... and don't know two shits about computering.

People who are bad with computers, they usually can not make huge mistakes with a Mac.

It's not a complete scam for people who don't have the time to learn, or are just too old to learn, expensive or not, it's the only way for some people do do not see their computer ruined in two months.

For a young gamer, just don't buy Mac.

Don't know. I'm lazy. Learning powershell/MS-DOS isn't too much of a hassle, but why learn that when you can have a familiar bash interface on OS X?

That being said, I find it hard to work with any OS without a tiling WM....
Thanks given by:
(07 Sep 14, 06:30AM)MerCyKiL Wrote:

:D i have the macbook pro retina 13" late 2013 model with 8gb of ram. it runs AC pretty well but i intend to use it for school mostly so i think it's worth the buy. gives both an opportunity to get professional things done and to game/stream movies.

anyways melotron/LeChiffre (i forget which you go by now), to clarify, i dont normally sit in front of the computer as much as Waffles/Vanquish do. so this computer fits my needs. however, if you are looking to go the route of a neckbeard and spend 16 hours a day in front of the screen as well as spend hundreds of dollars to buy numerous games, then yes, i would suggest a gaming rig. iBuyPower is pretty nice. used my cousins for a while.

for AC, I get a stable 150 fps if i cap it there. i know the fullscreen issue for mac hasn't been fixed yet but when i turn my resolution down to 720x450, i get a stable 400 fps rate. pretty decent. for League of Legends, if you play that, i get about 150 fps but the maximum cap in that game is 80 fps i believe.

hope this helped
Thanks given by:
not insulting your decision to use macs. I have one for work. I simply dont game on it anymore.

also, vanquish and myself and both quite strapping young lads thanks. Don't see the need for such hateful language.
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 14, 11:21PM)Waffles Wrote: also, vanquish and myself and both quite strapping young lads thanks. Don't see the need for such hateful language.

relax, he had a brain injury. probably caused him to mix up our names with other people's
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 14, 11:21PM)Waffles Wrote: not insulting your decision to use macs. I have one for work. I simply dont game on it anymore.

also, vanquish and myself and both quite strapping young lads thanks. Don't see the need for such hateful language.

sorry waffles i wasn't referring to either of you as "neckbeards". it's a term i've been using a lot lately (idk why...it sticks in my head; too much 4chan i suppose). however, i do mean it when i said that i probably don't spend as much time on the computer as you guys. not saying that you guys are on a lot. im just saying that i have been using rather infreuquently lately. i have intensive rehab 5 days a week :(

so. to sum things up, i wasn't trying to be hateful or insulting. my bad man

(09 Sep 14, 03:51AM)Vanquish Wrote:
(08 Sep 14, 11:21PM)Waffles Wrote: also, vanquish and myself and both quite strapping young lads thanks. Don't see the need for such hateful language.

relax, he had a brain injury. probably caused him to mix up our names with other people's

if this is a sarcastic comment, i do take offense. as far as i know (though i don't know you personally), you haven't had a traumatic brain injury. so how could you possibly relate to the situation i'm in?

i mean this with as little spite as possible but i'd imagine you don't know half of the struggle i'm going through, mentally and emotionally
Thanks given by:
Well, this certainly helped me to make a decision, thank you, and no, I'm not following the 'neckbeard' route, just casual gaming since I usually go Dell, HP, etc.
I kinda feel sorry to let the open door for your thread to be derailed somehow, I should have asked you in PM, I know this now.
Thanks given by:
(09 Sep 14, 04:23AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: (though i don't know you personally)

well said, if what you're saying is truly without spite then in the future let's just agree not to talk shit about each other. i could argue that it's offensive to be referred to as a neckbeard simply because i'm stating (both positive and negative) facts about a computer you own. referring back to your quote, you are correct when you say that you don't know me, and I don't like talking about events in my life as openly as you do. However, this doesn't mean that I don't understand what it's like to narrowly escape having a permanently disfiguring injury (in my case I was almost blinded in one eye when I was three) or have a near-death experience/etc.
I never intended to offend with my post, simply that I believe(d) you did mean offense with yours. The reason why I felt the need to say something was because, as you said yourself, you don't know me, and if someone's going to talk shit about me I'd simply rather that they do it based on some kind of fact rather than on blind assumptions and the perpetuation of a 4chan stereotype. thanks, and if you want to discuss more things i'd prefer we do it via PM simply out of respect to your original thread - and gn :)

EDIT: apologies for even further derailing this thread
Thanks given by:
its ok to make fun of vanquish. he uses amd. let's all point and laugh :D
Thanks given by:
(09 Sep 14, 10:19AM)Waffles Wrote: its ok to make fun of vanquish. he uses amd. let's all point and laugh :D

at least my cpu is intel :/
Thanks given by:
(09 Sep 14, 01:56PM)Vanquish Wrote:
(09 Sep 14, 10:19AM)Waffles Wrote: its ok to make fun of vanquish. he uses amd. let's all point and laugh :D

Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
(09 Sep 14, 04:48AM)Vanquish Wrote: further explaniations

very well put. also im glad to hear you weren't blinded :D i can safely say that this injury has changed the way i feel and act in life.

i think i pissed myself at the horse video lmao
Thanks given by:
(09 Sep 14, 07:34PM)Marti Wrote:
(09 Sep 14, 01:56PM)Vanquish Wrote:

<3

My favorite youtube video by far.
Thanks given by:
That is definitely not a flute playing that.
Thanks given by:
sounds like a recorder to me. could be a flute.

I personally love the sax one.
Thanks given by: