we know
(22 Aug 14, 12:36AM)1Cap Wrote: Guns are just to kill. If you have a gun you want to kill.

The fuck?

As Waffles already said, guns are used for hunting or just shooting with buds for fun. Ownership of a gun doesn't make you a wannabe murderer, which is what you just implied.

Nevermind, lets take away everybody's guns. We'll have world peace. No really, we will.
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 14, 04:09AM)PhaNtom Wrote:
(22 Aug 14, 12:36AM)1Cap Wrote: Guns are just to kill. If you have a gun you want to kill.

The fuck?

As Waffles already said, guns are used for hunting or just shooting with buds for fun. Ownership of a gun doesn't make you a wannabe murderer, which is what you just implied.

Nevermind, lets take away everybody's guns. We'll have world peace. No really, we will.

I know the last part of your post is satire but... what really scared me while I was in Asia was that guns were all banned. So they started knifing people instead. Relationship gone south? Knife. Angry at the world? Knife a bunch of people on the metro. I'm not sure I even want to ride the metro when I go back again, even WITH police stationed at every stop and on every train.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
At least youre allowed to maul someone with a screwdriver if he is robbing you at home here.

Also 1cap, you can kill people with your hands too
And humans used to be hunters aka they killed
Ever had history in school?
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 14, 01:17AM)Nightmare Wrote: Someone breaks into your home. Who knows if he has a weapon? He's already breaking the law, so probably!
I can successfully say that if anyone breaks into my house, they probably aren't in there to kill me, so there is no need to confront them.
Thanks given by:
*sends Ory The Purge DVD*
Thanks given by:
(21 Aug 14, 02:12PM)Vanquish Wrote:
(21 Aug 14, 02:05PM)Nightmare Wrote: Would "I use it at work" count? :)

I don't think so. My initial thoughts would be perhaps carpentry but a knife of that size wouldn't be suitable for anything, and it would presumably be carried around as part of a toolkit and not as an individual item. I also think it's incredibly naive of you to imply that the majority of people carrying knives are "using them for work", unless "work" to you means being a paid hitman or some other kind of thing which I'm sure you aren't involved with.

My boyfriend Fred wears two knives at work every day! Sometimes even a machete when working with [Image: Isolering.jpg]
Did he ever hurt anyone? Yes, himself! Big scar on the left hand! Knives kill people! The human beings are innocent, people!
Thanks given by:
Anyone breaks into my house they can have anything they want. Material possessions mean nothing. Now if they decide hurt the family... well now we're going to need something with stopping power now won't we? Barring guns I will be carrying a broadsword and a flagon of Whoopass Ale.
Thanks given by:
Why not we all move to Canada and forget about the guns :)
Thanks given by:
Maple syrup? I'm up for it.
Thanks given by:
Soccer manager lightly pats the ref's head = 8 game suspension
Football player knocks out his girlfriend = 2 game suspension
Thanks given by:
Uhh if you are referring to Diego Simeone, he is the manager qq
Thanks given by:
Edited <3
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Let the justice system work it's magic.
Thanks given by:
On topic:
I just watched Mother Theresa movie starring Megan Fox :L 2/10

On topic:
Red Lights Kiwi: There is an SQL Server error.

Offtopic:
Alguem mad? hahaha
Thanks given by:
I'm sorry but if America had gun laws then there wouldn't be as much death in America. America needs gun licenses in my opinion. How meany gun murders do you hear of in England. One every 1 or 2 years at the most.
Thanks given by:
@killerjoe

http://i.imgur.com/vbB6Bwq.jpg
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 14, 03:45PM)killerjoe Wrote: How meany gun murders do you hear of in England.

i know how meany
www.citizensreportuk.org/reports/murders-fatal-violence-uk.html (this even includes the location for you)

How many gun deaths are there in the UK every year?

The Centre for Crime and Justice Studies at King's College London said its research also suggested the number of gun-related deaths was falling since reaching a peak eight years ago. In 2008, there were 42 gun related deaths in the UK, in 2007 there were 51.

http://www.answers.com/Q/How_many_gun_de...every_year

Firearm-related death rate per 100,000 population per year Country Total (calculated) Homicides Suicides Unintentional Undetermined Sources and notes

United Kingdom 0.25 (2010) 0.04 (2010) 0.18 (2010) 0.01 (2010) 0.02 (2010) Guns in the United Kingdom[67]

such knowledge

such not every 1 or 2 years one murder

such stupid comment
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 14, 03:53PM)Music Wrote: http://i.imgur.com/vbB6Bwq.jpg

That's the most stupid thing I think I've seen on this thread. You're completely ignoring the fact that this ignores gun-related deaths or injuries, it only counts as "homicide". The fact that remains that many people use guns in "self defence" and for other reasons often end in fatalities.

Taken from a study in a university in Utah, USA:

[Image: FOR114.gif]

I find it absolutely hilarious to see Americans making these attempts to defend their messed up country's laws on guns. I'll be the first to admit Britain's laws aren't perfect, but I believe european countries in general have their heads screwed on in a better direction when it comes to legislation over weapons. And as I said previously, an example of a country that has good gun laws is Japan - a clear correlation between a low amount of guns and a low amount of gun-related deaths.

EDIT:
(26 Aug 14, 01:49PM)Andrez Wrote: World Cup > Super Bowl
Soccer > ALL

+1
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 14, 03:58PM)Vanquish Wrote: [Image: FOR114.gif]

Wow, what's with N. Ireland people? ._.

Unhappiest people on Earth?
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 14, 04:02PM)Andrez Wrote: Wow, what's with N. Ireland people? ._.

Unhappiest people on Earth?

Theories being mooted within Northern Ireland include the long-term impact of entrenched deprivation in some communities when coupled with issues of identity in a "post-conflict" society and the legacy of the Troubles for some of the younger generation of men and boys.

Stephen Platt, Samaritans' trustee and professor of health policy research at the University of Edinburgh, says: "The suicide rate in Northern Ireland appears to have increased after the end of the period known as the Troubles. Previous studies have shown that suicides decrease during periods of war because people feel a sense of integration in their communities while uniting against an adversary. When war ends, this feeling falls away to the detriment of mental health.

"Suicide rates can also be affected by a number of different things including recession, rising unemployment, budget cuts and other social factors."

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2011/...rn-ireland
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 14, 03:58PM)Vanquish Wrote:

That's the most stupid thing I think I've seen on this thread. You're completely ignoring the fact that this ignores gun-related deaths or injuries, it only counts as "homicide". The fact that remains that many people use guns in "self defence" and for other reasons often end in fatalities.

Taken from a study in a university in Utah, USA:

[Image: FOR114.gif]

I find it absolutely hilarious to see Americans making these attempts to defend their messed up country's laws on guns. I'll be the first to admit Britain's laws aren't perfect, but I believe european countries in general have their heads screwed on in a better direction when it comes to legislation over weapons. And as I said previously, an example of a country that has good gun laws is Japan - a clear correlation between a low amount of guns and a low amount of gun-related deaths.

EDIT:
(26 Aug 14, 01:49PM)Andrez Wrote: World Cup > Super Bowl
Soccer > ALL

+1

I honestly think it's more the US mentality than the gun laws but... knives scare me too:

http://www.epochtimes.com/b5/14/5/21/n4160757.htm
http://www.chinanews.com/tw/2014/01-28/5792397.shtml
Thanks given by:
You're probably right about mentality and culture bearing greater responsibility for the amount of gun-related casualties and deaths in the US. The attitudes of some people in this thread (I didn't mean you btw) seem to be worryingly draconian. :/

EDIT: based on nightmare's post below, i'll change "draconian" to "a pigheaded unwillingness to put his disgusting patriotism aside and face real facts"
Thanks given by:
There are other methods of self-defence, you don't just shoot everybody doing something wrong.
"That guy's stealing my purse, time to kill him."
Of course, it might not be like this, but the stats shown there are so vague it could be.
Thanks given by:

*high fives Moose*
[Image: moosedm2003_468x440.jpg]

(29 Aug 14, 04:18PM)Music Wrote: knives scare me too

I wonder how many people here carry knives?

Edit: Fixed typo.
Thanks given by:
I carry a knife from the kitchen to the dining room for dinner, does that count?
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
lixooooooo
Thanks given by:
(30 Aug 14, 07:35PM)DeathCrew77 Wrote: lixooooooo

Plebeo
Thanks given by: