A Game Theory..
AssaultCube can't compete with COD... and frankly, not even with Counter Strike.

AssaultCube is a niche game... Or you love it or you don't. And that why the community should publish it more, in order to get new players that love AssaultCube gameplay.

EDIT: removed stupid unrelated sentences
Thanks given by:
There is a PC version of CoD.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 14, 12:33AM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote: 18) AC began at something like 19MB and is still sitting at < 60MB currently on the Official Download... If you collect every map and package you find, you might be able to really pile up GB's on your HDD... Most don't, but it is possible...

No, in fact it would not even be half of a GB (without the screenshots) with all custom textures, mapmodels, sounds and maps.
Thanks given by:
The real reason you're slagging off CoD is that you can't afford it.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 14, 12:38PM)killerjoe Wrote: The real reason you're slagging off CoD is that you can't afford it.

Are you really this stupid?
Thanks given by:
Its true though
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 14, 12:48PM)Marti Wrote:
(29 Jun 14, 12:38PM)killerjoe Wrote: The real reason you're slagging off CoD is that you can't afford it.

Just scroll up the page (page 1) to see how stupid he is.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 14, 12:59PM)killerjoe Wrote: Its true though
lol CoD sucks, i've played it too, and it was fun the first time i tried it, but the 1000th CoD just got boring

AC > CoD all day erry day

(29 Jun 14, 01:26PM)ExodusS Wrote:
(29 Jun 14, 12:48PM)Marti Wrote:

Just scroll up the page (page 1) to see how stupid he is.

i saw it, but my previous post got removed....

* Marti looks at mods...
Thanks given by:
Thing is though is that on AC there is no accomplishment you don't rank up or unlock anything so if I play half an hour of AC it gets boring. I don't say that I don't like to play it some times cos I make gameplay videos of it but ya know its like the equivalent of playing Pacman in the late 90s. All I said was that it needed a few more features added like scoping and higher damage rate. Two simple things. Look at AC reloaded I havent played it cos I can't get it running cos of files and I need to do some cofigureation bull but that has no memory difference than AC so even a game less popular has better features than AC
Thanks given by:
I don't care about CoD - I could buy it in two hours labor what I make... No big deal...
If I wanted to muck with Windows I could run it on my hardware too....

But I was actually saying that OF COURSE CoD is a better game!!!!!
(Though, not to me, I would rather play AC 43v3r)

I don't like it - but play it all if you wish....

My point was - quit being daft and comparing Free and Open-Source games with Proprietary games that are developed on Multi-million dollar budgets....

If you don't like AC, killerjoe, gtfo...
Thanks given by:
As I said and you said that your self, forever, CoD is obviously better than AC which is true but that does not imply that I do not like playing AC and that AC is a shit game for nothing. It's a great game for linux especially. I'm just saying that a couple of more features like scoping and more damage would do no harm to the memory space on your computer (it would probably add another tenth of the memory that AC all ready takes up.) That's nothing.
Thanks given by:
Fair enough man, I can't hate for an opinion....
But, seriously everytime I see this thread I just think:
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 14, 11:49PM)killerjoe Wrote: CoD is obviously better than AC
No.
Thanks given by:
I don't think AC and CoD is comparable... different type of gameplay.

Watch this

AC is more Quake 3 type of game...
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 14, 12:14PM)killerjoe Wrote: There is a PC version of CoD.
You mean the piece of shit they port from console?
Thanks given by:
(30 Jun 14, 08:48AM)ofir640 Wrote: I don't think AC and CoD is comparable... different type of gameplay.

Watch this

Are you serious?! That video was utter bull it said at the end Quake wins CoD loses but there is no reason why CoD loses. the only difference between CoD and quake is that in quake you can run faster plus you can't scope (i'm talking about gameplay now not graphics. AC is totally different than quake anyway. He got loads of frags in quake and the amount of bullets it took was miniscule. AC is not like that.

(30 Jun 14, 10:01AM)Orynge Wrote:
(29 Jun 14, 12:14PM)killerjoe Wrote: There is a PC version of CoD.
You mean the piece of shit they port from console?

CoD aint shit its your taste thats shit.
Thanks given by:
(30 Jun 14, 10:30AM)killerjoe Wrote:
(30 Jun 14, 08:48AM)ofir640 Wrote: I don't think AC and CoD is comparable... different type of gameplay.

Watch this

Are you serious?! That video was utter bull it said at the end Quake wins CoD loses but there is no reason why CoD loses. the only difference between CoD and quake is that in quake you can run faster plus you can't scope (i'm talking about gameplay now not graphics. AC is totally different than quake anyway. He got loads of frags in quake and the amount of bullets it took was miniscule. AC is not like that.
How can you compare CoD to AC? only by weapons? game style?

I added the video in order to show the different game speed between CoD and Quake. Although Quake 3 is much faster game with different weapons, the gameplay is the same as AC. both on DM/TDM or CTF.
Thanks given by:
(30 Jun 14, 10:30AM)killerjoe Wrote: He got loads of frags in quake and the amount of bullets it took was miniscule. AC is not like that.

Its fairly easy to get loads of kills in AC

Maybe you are just bad and thats why you think it sucks?
Thanks given by:
Movement speed is very different, time to kill is different, health works differently, positioning in maps is different, different game modes, very different map styles depending on the iteration...
Thanks given by:
(30 Jun 14, 08:48AM)ofir640 Wrote:
Watch this

I don't think AC is particularly like Quake 3. The vid you linked is of Quake Live btw (i didn't watch the whole vid but the first few mins of quake footage is), rapha is a well known QL player (he's competing at quakecon next month) and I could be wrong but I believe he never played quake 4 or quake 3. He certainly isn't known for his achievements in any of those games anyway.

If you want a video that showcases some frags in quake that are not just from public ffa games, I would suggest you watch this. Also I would suggest this as a nice montage of frags by different high level quake players.

Now to address the other comments.

(30 Jun 14, 10:30AM)killerjoe Wrote: the only difference between CoD and quake is that in quake you can run faster plus you can't scope

You actually run slower than in CoD, what makes you "run faster" is strafe jumping. Also idk if this counts but you can zoom with every weapon and that's like a scope, except without the distraction of one. I bet you've never even played quake lul

(30 Jun 14, 10:30AM)killerjoe Wrote: He got loads of frags in quake and the amount of bullets it took was miniscule. AC is not like that.

In the video that ofir640 linked, the guy was using an MG, which is the weakest gun in the game. It does 5 damage per bullet and has spread and a relatively low rate of fire. So it would have taken about 20 bullets to kill him, assuming he had no green, yellow or red armour (where they were on that part of the map (dm6/campgrounds by the lg) is very close to the yellow armour by the pillars). a YA will give 50 extra armour and also absorbs 66% of damage received. I'm too lazy to do the maths but it is definitely not "a few bullets to kill a guy" in quake.
Even the lightning gun (the blue beam gun) does 7 damage per cell, although it does fire 20 cells per second.

(30 Jun 14, 11:51AM)Marti Wrote: Its fairly easy to get loads of kills in AC

Maybe you are just bad and thats why you think it sucks?

Exactly. I've had 130 kills in a pub before and I remember I got 99 kills in a 3v3 inter on ac_gothic (hope I still have the screen - EDIT: found it). The best quake players in the world would not get 99 kills in a 3v3 ctf game, and there is even a quad damage pickups on most ctf maps. And ffa games usually have a kill limit of 50 before the round ends. There is a ridiculously huge difference between fragging in both games. I don't know why this comparison was ever brought up.

Also, everything Orynge said.
killerjoe it's fine for you to have an opinion but don't post about things if you're clueless (srsly) about them.
Thanks given by:
It's fine to have your own opinion aswell but don't start slagging of CoD for the hell of it. It's the best fps there is alongside Titanfall.
Thanks given by:
(30 Jun 14, 03:44PM)killerjoe Wrote: It's fine to have your own opinion aswell but don't start slagging of CoD for the hell of it. It's the best fps there is alongside Titanfall.

[Image: 105434-dolphin-dickbutt-gif-Imgur-LZ4b.gif]
Thanks given by:
(30 Jun 14, 03:44PM)killerjoe Wrote: It's fine to have your own opinion aswell but don't start slagging of CoD for the hell of it. It's the best fps there is alongside Titanfall.

Battlefield > CoD
Thanks given by:
(30 Jun 14, 02:26PM)Vanquish Wrote: I don't think AC is particularly like Quake 3. The vid you linked is of Quake Live btw (i didn't watch the whole vid but the first few mins of quake footage is), rapha is a well known QL player (he's competing at quakecon next month) and I could be wrong but I believe he never played quake 4 or quake 3. He certainly isn't known for his achievements in any of those games anyway.

If you want a video that showcases some frags in quake that are not just from public ffa games, I would suggest you watch this. Also I would suggest this as a nice montage of frags by different high level quake players.

I think you misunderstand what I meant. You can easily change Quake scenes with AC scenes (my AC DM video)
Thanks given by:

Not sure if trolling or just stupid.
Thanks given by:
And back to the topic:
Cod is a great game... I just don't like it so much. I do love the Single Player, but the Multiplayer is just too much for me. I hate to get head-shot every time I respawn. I'm more arena game type: Quake 3, Unreal Tournament... (even Classic Quake with reaper bots 10-15 years ago).

But if you ask my son (and I asked him), he prefering CoD. It's more realistic, bigger maps... And he enjoy it more. Actually, he really don't like AC at all. (I must replace my son someday :]).

When we playing over LAN we never play AC :(

Everyone have their opinions about different games... if killerjoe love CoD more then AC, it's fine.
Thanks given by:
Arma > Battlefield > Cod
Thanks given by:
I'm not trolling at all. I hate trolls.
Thanks given by:
(01 Jul 14, 09:54AM)killerjoe Wrote: I'm not trolling at all. I hate trolls.

Thanks given by:
new jg99?

all those achievements and shit that "make CoD great" are distracting. "scoping" as you call it (looking down sites, which typically aren't iron despite popular opinion) is also a weird thing to me. You're trying to have a realistic game, but the player is holding the gun in the middle of his chest? odd.

nothing wrong with slagging off CoD or any other game. Sorry other's opinions dont line up with yours.
Thanks given by: