CTF shouldn't reset the flag in the event of a TK!
How come if you kill a teammate in CTF, it resets the flag? So people don't try to steal points? There are plenty of other ways to prevent that, like giving the flag point to the person who was teamkilled.

It's really bad when someone accidentally shoots the guy with the flag and causes it to be reset. Usually, this happens because people are spam-clicking to respawn. I admit that I've accidentally killed a teammate with the flag a couple of times, and it's hugely embarrassing. It should just drop it! Even worse, a troll or really bad player can do way more damage within the time span of a ban vote in CTF than he could ever do in TDM or even TOSOK.
Thanks given by:
[Image: deal-with-it.gif]
Thanks given by:
(12 Aug 14, 10:38PM)morshu9001 Wrote: It's really bad when someone accidentally shoots the guy with the flag and causes it to be reset.

It's even more bad when the #1 ladder player, {ric} kill you on purpose in the enemy base to score the flag by himself. I just think it should still reset the flag and also be even more destroying your personal score.

...as Marti said.
Thanks given by:
(12 Aug 14, 11:06PM)ExodusS Wrote: It's even more bad when the #1 ladder player, {ric} kill you on purpose in the enemy base to score the flag by himself.

this guy made me rage so much ffs....
Thanks given by:
(12 Aug 14, 11:06PM)ExodusS Wrote:
(12 Aug 14, 10:38PM)morshu9001 Wrote: It's really bad when someone accidentally shoots the guy with the flag and causes it to be reset.

It's even more bad when the #1 ladder player, {ric} kill you on purpose in the enemy base to score the flag by himself. I just think it should still reset the flag and also be even more destroying your personal score.

...as Marti said.

There are far better ways to fix that. As I said, it should give the point to the person who was teamkilled with the flag if another teammate returns the flag. It happened again last game. Twice in a row, our flag bearer was teamkilled while the other team had our flag.
Thanks given by:
The best way to deal with it is to be more careful.

Quote:As I said, it should give the point to the person who was teamkilled with the flag if another teammate returns the flag.

Hm, I think that'll make things needlessly complicated.
Thanks given by:
This "problem" has a very obvious and simple solution: don't shoot your teammates.

This behaviour was added on purpose, and it worked very well for years now. For example, sauer doesn't have it - and it's just wrong...
Thanks given by:
(13 Aug 14, 07:19AM)morshu9001 Wrote: There are far better ways to fix that. As I said, it should give the point to the person who was teamkilled with the flag if another teammate returns the flag.

In fact, {ric} was doing it on purpose because he knew it was worth it, regarding the {TyD} ladder. He knew he would earn more points that what he would lose by tk'ing the flagger and scoring the flag by himself.

Your "fix" would need to "trace" a player if he get the flag, this is something that doesn't appear in the informations the ladder receive. What you didn't understood yet, is that players on this server doesn't give a shit about their scores at the intermission, all they pay attention is here, a few of them are completelly brainwashed by those websites and are helpless cases.
Thanks given by:
(13 Aug 14, 12:33PM)ExodusS Wrote:
(13 Aug 14, 07:19AM)morshu9001 Wrote: There are far better ways to fix that. As I said, it should give the point to the person who was teamkilled with the flag if another teammate returns the flag.

In fact, {ric} was doing it on purpose because he knew it was worth it, regarding the {TyD} ladder. He knew he would earn more points that what he would lose by tk'ing the flagger and scoring the flag by himself.

Your "fix" would need to "trace" a player if he get the flag, this is something that doesn't appear in the informations the ladder receive. What you didn't understood yet, is that players on this server doesn't give a shit about their scores at the intermission, all they pay attention is here, a few of them are completelly brainwashed by those websites and are helpless cases.

Then they can make the ladder receive the information. Is there a programming hurdle I'm unaware of?
Thanks given by:
Ladders are not official and the way the game is programmed is not influenced by the existence of ladder. Ladders are just leeching all the informations they can leech, sometimes they can leech a bit more informations when the edit their own servers but this is still very limited and this is mostly to have more clear informations and don't mess with all useless informations they usually receive.

Ladders are affecting players' behaviors, not the game itself.
Thanks given by:
(13 Aug 14, 09:59PM)ExodusS Wrote: Ladders are not official and the way the game is programmed is not influenced by the existence of ladder. Ladders are just leeching all the informations they can leech, sometimes they can leech a bit more informations when the edit their own servers but this is still very limited and this is mostly to have more clear informations and don't mess with all useless informations they usually receive.

Ladders are affecting players' behaviors, not the game itself.

That makes sense, but before teamkills reset the flag, ladders for some reason must have been unable or unwilling to leech enough information to track who was teamkilled with the flag. If they were unwilling, it was probably because leeching information like that was tricky to do if the server wasn't providing it by default. If the server kept track of that and gave the point to the teamkilled player, it would almost be default behavior for the ladders to follow suit. I doubt the ladder would go out of the way to give the point to the teamkiller.
Thanks given by:
If you want to check at TyD ladder rules you will see there is nothing that count as "flag teamkill" so I don't think the ladder is able to leech this information, because as you said, they would use it.

In this case, the tker looses 20 points for a teamkill but earns 95+5 for stealing a new flag and scoring it, the result is a huge +80 points for a very bad behavior.
Thanks given by: