Idea for a game mode
I had an idea for a new type of game mode maybe.

example.

there is a flag hidden somewhere in the map, both cla and rvsf must try and find the hidden flag and bring it back to their base, not really complex lol but i think that would be a fun game.

-open for suggestions :D
Thanks given by:
Well now.

That could be done with and extra entity; say a NeutralFlag.
Sounds like a good idea.
Thanks given by:
HTHF (hunt the hidden flag).
Sounds nice to me!
Thanks given by:
FTF. :)
Thanks given by:
Some time ago i had an idea for a game mode, too. It is called "switched Bases CTF".
I was editing a map for many hours and by mistake it put the CLA Flag in the RVSF Base and the RVSF Flag in the CLA Base...
so you get the enemy flag in your base and have to bring it to the enemys Base where your flag is (but only if your enemys do not have your flag)..

i tested it with some guys it is really funny i think..
and it is very easy to make because you only have to switch the flags...
(sorry for bad english )

what do you think about it???
Thanks given by:
The 2nd mode is like HTF but you have to return it and then walk to the enemy base with yours, which might be almost impossible with respawns etc for any bigger games. It might be nice if the respawns are at other locations.

Btw. I've played some QL and they have freeze tdm mode, where when you die you freeze on the spot (and can be shot to move around). A team wins the round if they freeze all enemys. Your mates can unfreeze you by standing nearby for a few seconds. That was a lot of fun :)
Thanks given by:
thats a good idea! perhaps they should not bring it back to thier base but another random point on the map.
Thanks given by:
(28 Aug 10, 02:36PM)Panda Wrote: Btw. I've played some QL and they have freeze tdm mode, where when you die you freeze on the spot (and can be shot to move around). A team wins the round if they f reeze all enemys. Your mates can unfreeze you by standing nearby for a few seconds. That was a lot of fun :)

Dude... that sounds extremely amazing :)
Thanks given by:
(28 Aug 10, 02:36PM)Panda Wrote: The 2nd mode is like HTF but you have to return it and then walk to the enemy base with yours, which might be almost impossible with respawns etc for any bigger games. It might be nice if the respawns are at other locations.

Btw. I've played some QL and they have freeze tdm mode, where when you die you freeze on the spot (and can be shot to move around). A team wins the round if they freeze all enemys. Your mates can unfreeze you by standing nearby for a few seconds. That was a lot of fun :)

FTW ^^
Thanks given by:
(28 Aug 10, 10:16AM)BrickSquad Wrote: there is a flag hidden somewhere in the map, both cla and rvsf must try and find the hidden flag and bring it back to their base, not really complex lol but i think that would be a fun game.

The problem with this is that either:
a) You must design locations for the hidden flag to be in, in which case it is not so hidden anymore, or
b) The hidden flag is placed somewhere randomly on the map, but in this case some method needs to be found on scanning an entire map for suitable locations.
Thanks given by:
(28 Aug 10, 02:36PM)Panda Wrote: Btw. I've played some QL and they have freeze tdm mode, where when you die you freeze on the spot (and can be shot to move around). A team wins the round if they freeze all enemys. Your mates can unfreeze you by standing nearby for a few seconds. That was a lot of fun :)

This is a game we would play in phys ed at school. It was dodgeball or tag or something except when you got hit you froze with legs parted so that your teammates could dive through them to unfreeze you. Sounds kind of weird now but we were young and innocent~
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 10, 03:34AM)U|Zarj Wrote: b) The hidden flag is placed somewhere randomly on the map, but in this case some method needs to be found on scanning an entire map for suitable locations.
An easy way would be just make the flag spawn randomly in a FFA playerstart.
Thanks given by:
A thought: CTF with no teams. Everyone starts at individual spawnpoints and tries to get one flag to the other base, doesn't matter which. It would be very lively I'm sure. Probably would never get anywhere with more than 8 players or so.
Thanks given by:
* Carnifex supports Panda's post.
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 10, 02:12AM)DrauL Wrote:
(28 Aug 10, 02:36PM)Panda Wrote: The 2nd mode is like HTF but you have to return it and then walk to the enemy base with yours, which might be almost impossible with respawns etc for any bigger games. It might be nice if the respawns are at other locations.

FTW ^^

^^
Thanks given by:
Or maybe there could be a game mode 'tag', like the kid's game tag.. you shoot someone and their it, and then that person shoots someone else and their it.. lol
It's sort of pointless but it could be fun.. :D
Thanks given by:
(30 Aug 10, 04:08AM)Iguana Wrote: Or maybe there could be a game mode 'tag', like the kid's game tag.. you shoot someone and their it, and then that person shoots someone else and their it.. lol
It's sort of pointless but it could be fun.. :D

Instead of shooting, kill them. You could just spray your smg bullets everywhere and you will never be it. It indeed sound pretty pointless though once you think about it
Thanks given by:
Well in games I've played they'd have 1 flag capture the flag, which is pretty much what this is. Both teams go after 1 flag, but everyone knows where it is, and they bring it back to there base.
Thanks given by:
Well of course for tag you'd want to make it T/OSOK style else it'd be way too easy just to spam.
Thanks given by:
Every heard of iCTF? Funnest thing ever since Jesus made his own whorehouse.
Thanks given by:
Wut's that?
Thanks given by:
iCTF = Instagib CTF or OSOKCTF to put it in AC terminology.
Thanks given by:
Let's try that and hope Sauerbraten devs don't flame us :D eihrul can back us up :)
Thanks given by:
That ctf osok thing in sauerbraten os linda funny
Thanks given by:
Ronald_Reagan Wrote:Every heard of iCTF? Funnest thing ever since Jesus made his own whorehouse.
titiPT Wrote:Wut's that?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whorehouse
Thanks given by:
Lol, i wasn't talking about that. But i guess you already know.
Thanks given by: