How do you view auto-download?
Personally I get a little annoyed when a map loads that requires new content. Not in itself, but when I finish downloading the dozens of resources and don't like the map or the custom resources, I still have it on my hard drive. (I've even gotten in the habit of cancelling the autodownload and looking at the map geometry to see if I even like it before downloading resources)

Obviously auto-download can a great thing for content providers, but I wanted to get opinions before I started using it. You can get pretty far with just the officially distributed resources, but sometimes you want something that isn't in the official package.

How do you view auto-downloading? Have you ever auto-downloaded content you regret? Do you use auto-download yourself in your maps?

DrauL Edit: The caps in the title annoyed me <3
Thanks given by:
Whenever I see a map on the MS that I haven't played yet, I go to check it out. Some of them are crap aye, but they take so little space most of the time, I don't mind.
Thanks given by:
We could make some kind of "revert" command, to remove all the files downloaded during the last sequence, and a "manual" autodownload mode as well.
I'm fine with the current situation - it's compatible with my use of this system - but i can understand such features need to be implemented.

By the way, akimbo administrators usually get rid of low quality packages.
Thanks given by:
(07 Jun 14, 01:52PM)Luc@s Wrote: By the way, akimbo administrators usually get rid of low quality packages.

^Because each packages are "manually checked", I think it's not a problem at all.
Thanks given by:
"Low quality" can be subjective. I don't like anything that doesn't fit the established theme of Assault Cube. I also don't like that a single map can have so many dependencies that need downloaded over my poor internet :(
Thanks given by:
According to Felix.... yeah that is very annoying, custom maps with custom mapmodels spends a lot f time for a.simple.download, haven't you seen mapmodels with a size of 700 kb kilobytes?

The ESC but is a nice way to stop unnecesary downloads
Thanks given by: