My YouTube Channel!
Hey, guys. I have published a new YouTube channel called k joe. please watch this video:http: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioWVywhnslU I will be editing and i will be playing Cal of Duty and maybe mincraft (on xbox 360). If anyone knows some free download horror games for ubuntu then please pm me with the name. Dont forget to like and/or subscribe ;)

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
50 fps, no sound, twintowers map... ....SUCCESS!!
Thanks given by:
Good luck with "Cal of Duty" and "mincraft".
Thanks given by:
my first youtube video plus i had to have the sound down cos of my mum...

oh and you can record black ops via the lobby. Twintowers aint shit, its AC's servers. if you can afford all these websites then you can buy new servers. do you really think the person that has these servers sits indoors all day no job or nothing. He must be loaded.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 14, 04:00PM)killerjoe Wrote: my first youtube video plus i had to have the sound down cos of my mum...

oh and you can record black ops via the lobby. Twintowers aint shit, its AC's servers. if you can afford all these websites then you can buy new servers. do you really think the person that has these servers sits indoors all day no job or nothing. He must be loaded.

n..n.. nahhh
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 14, 04:00PM)killerjoe Wrote: my first youtube video plus i had to have the sound down cos of my mum...

AssaultCube does not run the servers you see on the Master Server. Where did you get that info? Anyone for that matter can run a server because it's so easy and there are plenty of BAD servers because of that.
Thanks given by:
wtf is mincraft ;-)
Thanks given by:
The AssaultCube 'community' always trying to bring down people's projects...good job.
Thanks given by:
i think that criticism was necessary tho ...
Thanks given by:
If you want to complain about someone else's business then don't do it to me. Have you ever made a YouTube video like that? I ain't falling for any internet trolls.
Thanks given by:
Why would you play with such a disgusting crosshair?

Btw I like what you are *trying* to do, but if you want people on the forums to take you seriously, stick to official maps. Also instead of typing your every thought out loud into the server chat, maybe invest in a microphone and do some speaking. I hope he doesn't mind me linking this but you should try to use MykeGregory's videos as a reference point for a quality gameplay video. GL with your channel.
Thanks given by:
At last. A bit of helpful advice. Everyone else just trolls me. Lol. Thanks.

Anyway. Are you on about the crosshair or the scope?
Thanks given by:
I meant the initial crosshair that you can see from around 0:10-ish - although now you mention it, the scope crosshair looks like it's too "busy" as well, sort of like an unnecessary distraction from aiming. But there's such a variety of settings/etc used by players of certain skill levels, which seems to suggest that whatever you're used to is more influential in giving you an advantage when you play, rather than trying to improve by using what people may see as "pro settings". So yeah, no need to change it because I thought it was weird, all down to personal preference.

Keep working on the videos though, it was alright for a first try.

EDIT: @9:45, it's spelt "watching". :P
Thanks given by:
I know about the watching part its typo error. Lol. Anyway. At least I've got a compliment of somebody. Thanks, vanquish.
Thanks given by:
I didnt want to troll you, I dont know why you want to do youtube videos - do you do it for fun or do you want to go commercial, if you do it for fun the quality is alright you know

I just cant imagine anyone having fun to watch a video that takes twice aslong because of the typing. Also if you want to showcast a game it makes sense to showcast the features you get by a default download (maps, mods)
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 14, 12:31AM)killerjoe Wrote: At last. A bit of helpful advice. Everyone else just trolls me. Lol. Thanks.

Well, even if I was "trolling" as you said, there were an important information given, when you create a whole thread for your YouTube channel, try to at least don't make huge mistakes in the name of the two games you are going to play. Errors like "mincraft" or "cal of duty" doesn't make your post very profesionnal in any point, especially the "cal of duty" makes you look like a 12 years old kid who want attention for his channel. You also can make a more structurated post with a better presentation etc... Mind that the first impression is very important.

I though a gameplay video was supposed to show to others (especially those who didn't play the game yet) how the game is, a 5 fps video where you use a modified crosshair or an unofficial map (not only unofficial, because this one "headshotcity-like" is really ugly and probably made in 5 minutes by unarmed) and a modified weapon skin, all this in gibnum 1000 in T-OSOK is not very representative of the average AssaultCube gameplay (or maybe I'm wrong on this point).

You must find the constructive critisms in the troll posts. Good luck with your channel.
Thanks given by:
yo killer joe, calm down nigga!! try to learn about constructive critics... Also, as ExodusS says, play official maps and upload videos about it, not from shitty custom maps maps like that ugly headshot city.... Relax and have fun!
Thanks given by:
Call of duty and minecraft then. But I'm very bad on the typo side. I know how to spell.

Thing is about the official maps is that I have no desire in playing them and I bet another about 70% of the people playing AC don't like the officials either.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 14, 10:45PM)Vanquish Wrote: I hope he doesn't mind me linking this but you should try to use MykeGregory's videos as a reference point for a quality gameplay video. GL with your channel.

I dont mind at all..
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 14, 12:48PM)killerjoe Wrote: Thing is about the official maps is that I have no desire in playing them and I bet another about 70% of the people playing AC don't like the officials either.

This may or may not be true, but you have to consider who your target audience is, and whether or not they're the ones likely to respond in this thread. A lot of people who post regularly on the forums, don't even like playing official-look-alike maps, and will discount a map on its name alone.
I like the video, even if I don't like the first map or mods. It actually made me think that this is something my eldest son would aspire to, and I will be showing him, thank you.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 14, 03:26PM)jamz Wrote:
(04 Jun 14, 12:48PM)killerjoe Wrote: Thing is about the official maps is that I have no desire in playing them and I bet another about 70% of the people playing AC don't like the officials either.

This may or may not be true, but you have to consider who your target audience is, and whether or not they're the ones likely to respond in this thread. A lot of people who post regularly on the forums, don't even like playing official-look-alike maps, and will discount a map on its name alone.
I like the video, even if I don't like the first map or mods. It actually made me think that this is something my eldest son would aspire to, and I will be showing him, thank you.

jamz true king
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 14, 03:26PM)jamz Wrote:

Thanks, mate. To be onest with you I had no idea how to record the screen like that at all. So making the video that I just made has been a large accomplishment for me. All I need is some helpful advice not sarcastic remarks. All I need is decent video editor that actually fits on the screen when I've loaded the video so I can cut and add subtitle stuff etc...

Thanks jamz

Any suggestions? Oh and it need to be compatible with ubuntu.
Thanks given by:
Guess what i use for my vids.. Thats right.. Windows movie maker! No joke.
It comes free and does exactly what I need it to, albeit slowly.
Thanks given by:
I can probably send you a copy of Sony Vegas 11, although I'm not sure if it works with Ubuntu.
And Windows Movie Maker is actually great considering it's free, although obviously that will be slightly problematic for you because of your os. :/
Thanks given by:
https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/openshot/
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 14, 01:11PM)killerjoe Wrote: Hey, guys. I have published a new YouTube channel called k joe. please watch this video:http: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioWVywhnslU I will be editing and i will be playing Cal of Duty and maybe mincraft (on xbox 360). If anyone knows some free download horror games for ubuntu then please pm me with the name. Dont forget to like and/or subscribe ;)
Thanks.
Ty gg's!
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 14, 05:14AM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote: https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/openshot/

I'm sure I saw this application on the repositories.
Thanks given by:
I can recommend you OpenShot too!
Thanks given by:
kdenlive ftw. openshot it's too buggy. at least for me.. crash everytime when I want to add some filter. argh!

btw KillerJoe.. because those maps are very popular, doesn't means that are the best. actually, you can find a lot of good games on servers whit official maps. seriously.
Thanks given by:
well. Ive just edited a video with openshot. great xD.

I hate the official maps. the only time i played them was when the master server went down a month or two ago, only one server.
Thanks given by: