User Levels
Hi Devs,

would something like this be able to be added? Seems like a good idea to me :)
Thanks given by:
lets not enforce further elitism
Thanks given by:
not elitism, just levels to show posting.
not everything is have yourself higher than others.

I would prefer funny titles.
Thanks given by:
that would further encourage users to post more and basically spam the whole forum
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 14, 01:31AM)DrauL Wrote: not elitism, just levels to show posting.

you have spammed posts

you get a "prestigious" title because of this

others don't have this title, because they don't spam

people want to be in the "cool" club with "cool" user titles so they spam like you.

see the issue?
Thanks given by:
why do you assume I spam?
Thanks given by:
hi iam new here
Thanks given by:
It will promote elitism.

And those with a lower title/level will feel belittled.
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure whether implementation should be this way. but I always find it interesting that the participants' ideas are valued ...

There is a very interesting thread to read.
I believe it should be reopened.

forum.cubers.net/thread-6072.html
Thanks given by:
So basically mean you get classified according to your post count. This would be a good idea in a forum environment well regulated and well moderated/administrated in which the user's posts have certain value to the forum community, for example in a help desk sort of forum in which the value of the post is measured by the usefulness of the answer (not popularity), clearly in this specific forum there is little to no value in almost every post except in some cases.
If this were to be implemented on this forum, yes, it would promote even more the 'elitism' but this fact depends greatly on what is the specific forum title and if it puts a higher poster 'above' someone or if a high post count grants you a 'right' as this clearly would favor forum spammers...so I think it is a bad idea on this specific forum.
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 14, 01:21AM)Undead Wrote: lets not enforce further elitism

Because of this reason, we won't. Forum is supposed to stay as light-weight as possible.
Thanks given by:
I actually thought about this just the other day, then realised that it would simply encourage empty posts from those who are unable to control themselves. I don't think we need to encourage that.
Thanks given by:
3000+ posts = SMG Users
Thanks given by:
This system always encourages spam. No please.
Thanks given by:
They aren't necessary.
Thanks given by:
I think that function only works at bigger forums.
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 14, 12:45PM)jamz Wrote: I actually thought about this just the other day, then realised that it would simply encourage empty posts from those who are unable to control themselves. I don't think we need to encourage that.

e.g: my post
Thanks given by:
I believe that many in the forum have a short memory.
You need to understand the logic behind the moderation.
It is very difficult to "measure" the opinions of the forum members. That's because many of the proposed ideas are fleeing the game goal.
The question would be what is the proposed objective to the game ...

In addition there are other steps to be undertaken before ...

How, for example, argue over whether moderators should belong to clans.
Finally, I propose a thread that could add to this idea.

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1024.html
Thanks given by:
(21 Jan 14, 06:46AM)1Cap Wrote: I believe that many in the forum have a short memory.
It is very difficult to "measure" the opinions of the forum members. That's because many of the proposed ideas are fleeing the game goal.

So. basicly your saying were all stupid.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 14, 07:51PM)killerjoe Wrote: So. basicly your saying were all stupid.

Only some of us are.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 14, 07:51PM)killerjoe Wrote:
(21 Jan 14, 06:46AM)1Cap Wrote: I believe that many in the forum have a short memory.

So. basicly your saying were all stupid.

So basically, killerjoe, you're saying that you can't make an intelligent, and objective, contribution to the discourse with which 1cap expressed his own opinion in this thread?
If your level of competency is beneath the level of understanding what 1cap was trying to articulate, than maybe it is a comment to your own aptitude...But he never accused anyone of being 'stupid'...
If you are insinuating that yourself, well...
'If the shoe fits, wear it...'

As for User Levels, I think that is reasonable to assert that there are members of the community that would be unlikely to behave with honest rapport in posting responsibly.
Alternatively, I think that it may not be a feature pertinent to AssaultCube....Though it is a novel idea...
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by: