Poll: Others with similar issues?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I have this problem.
22.22%
2 22.22%
You are a noob.
77.78%
7 77.78%
Happened with last update.
0%
0 0%
Masterserver is brain dead temporarily
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

:{Help Please}:WARNING: server could not connect...
Hi, Thank you for viewing this thread.

Like those on other threads, it is the WARNING: server could not connect.
Again happening today and last night.
I have been hosting three to five servers off of a Windows Vista 2007 Home premium Edition laptop. Since the pc is old, and I am hosting servers for other stuff off of it, my PC crashes about twice a day. So that said, since the 16th [yesterday] none of my servers have been able to connect to the master server. I know they have been updating or whatever, either way I am just wondering why it won't connect, considering it has never had any problems since yesterday.
Ports 28760-28770 are opened so it is not the ports.
all of them are allowed through my PC's firewall, and I turn my antivirus off until the servers are running. I have been hosting them for a few months but I think it happened with this last update.

This has been solved as I am sure all of the others have as well. Thank you Assault Cube Engineers for making the game tick a little better every day.
Thanks given by:
I am one of the others who posted a question about this.

Since I have now have seen you two other folks posting with the same issue (after I posted) I am not worried about it.

Clients (besides me) have been connecting to my server all day. So obviously they are seeing my server on the masterserver list.

I think there must be a backup or alternate master server (or the master server is undergoing some work) at the moment. And it isn't sending out the expected response to our game servers, so we are getting the warning.

I expect every single game server maintainer is seeing the same thing.

But since it is still all working, I guess we just need to stay calm and carry on. I first posted my issue because my stupid router forgot the assigned IP addresses for the computers at my home (so I reset my router and set it up again). I first saw the warning as I re-started my server. So I thought I must have got something wrong. I was 90% sure that I got my LAN all setup again correctly. I was curious if this warning was related to something that was "out there", or if the problem was "in here". The warning is obviously something that is "out there" as you two have verified for me.

Maybe we'll need up get a new update for assault cube.... but nothing is REALLY broken.

off topic-- your computer crashes a couple times a day? I'd demand my money back from whoever sold you that operating system. :)
Thanks given by:
(18 Apr 14, 01:05AM)Liz-Taylor Wrote: I am one of the others who posted a question about this.

Since I have now have seen you two other folks posting with the same issue (after I posted) I am not worried about it.

Clients (besides me) have been connecting to my server all day. So obviously they are seeing my server on the masterserver list.

I think there must be a backup or alternate master server (or the master server is undergoing some work) at the moment. And it isn't sending out the expected response to our game servers, so we are getting the warning.

I expect every single game server maintainer is seeing the same thing.

But since it is still all working, I guess we just need to stay calm and carry on. I first posted my issue because my stupid router forgot the assigned IP addresses for the computers at my home (so I reset my router and set it up again). I first saw the warning as I re-started my server. So I thought I must have got something wrong. I was 90% sure that I got my LAN all setup again correctly. I was curious if this warning was related to something that was "out there", or if the problem was "in here". The warning is obviously something that is "out there" as you two have verified for me.

Maybe we'll need up get a new update for assault cube.... but nothing is REALLY broken.

off topic-- your computer crashes a couple times a day? I'd demand my money back from whoever sold you that operating system. :)

The servers won't connect at all though, I ran two of them and both showed up as the lan IP with nothing for the public IP. I have checked my assigned lan IP and that was the same as it has been for months. I have restarted my PC, cleaned its electronic innards, and even closed/reopened server ports in case of a blocked one. and tried to update list from the master server. All with no luck. I will leave one up just in case I am mistaken though.

As for the the refund that is a little behind times since I have used this computer every day since august 2008, It has earned the title Old Faithful 1000 times over LOL. I know they say Vista is proof of reverse evolution but this PC and me have an agreement that it won't die anytime soon :P

Thanks a lot,
=FoA=Trionkali
Thanks given by:
There's some server downtime coming up shortly, so it might be related.
Thanks given by:
(18 Apr 14, 02:57AM)Orynge Wrote: There's some server downtime coming up shortly, so it might be related.

That's kind of what I was thinking :)
Thanks given by:
Quote:I think there must be a backup or alternate master server (or the master server is undergoing some work) at the moment. And it isn't sending out the expected response to our game servers, so we are getting the warning.

The server can be seen in a client's cached list even if it isn't actually connecting to the MS right now.

Quote:The servers won't connect at all though, I ran two of them and both showed up as the lan IP with nothing for the public IP.

This is normal if the MS is down. Client will autodetect servers on the LAN. Once the MS is up you should be able to see the server by the public address. You can still try '/connect x.x.x.x' with your public address or post it here for someone to test.
Thanks given by:
(18 Apr 14, 01:51PM)Jack Wrote:
Quote:I think there must be a backup or alternate master server (or the master server is undergoing some work) at the moment. And it isn't sending out the expected response to our game servers, so we are getting the warning.

The server can be seen in a client's cached list even if it isn't actually connecting to the MS right now.

Quote:The servers won't connect at all though, I ran two of them and both showed up as the lan IP with nothing for the public IP.

This is normal if the MS is down. Client will autodetect servers on the LAN. Once the MS is up you should be able to see the server by the public address. You can still try '/connect x.x.x.x' with your public address or post it here for someone to test.

It is working now Jack, Thank you all for the help.
Thanks given by:
I do something for one day, with an announcement, and everyone freaks out, haha. Yes, all should work fine once more.
Thanks given by:
haha
Thanks given by:
(19 Apr 14, 06:44PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: I do something for one day, with an announcement, and everyone freaks out, haha. Yes, all should work fine once more.

Ah ha ha, Thanks for the hard work :) Oh yeah, and for the announcement [which I failed to acknowledge] :D
Thanks given by: