no keyboard input (linux)
Is anyone else using the linux version having trouble using the ingame chat?

I can move normally, but sometimes, as soon as I press T, cant type anymore. After spamming ENTER I can usually play on as if nothings wrong but cant type until I restart AC.

It's annoying. Does anyone have a solution or encountered this before?
Thanks given by:
Yes. I have this problem, no solution yet because people can't reproduce it.
Thanks given by:
Which version of AC? Self compiled or pre compiled? Got the game from us or distro repository? Which distro and which version?
Thanks given by:
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/commu...saultcube/
It actually happened in both 1.1 and 1.2
Thanks given by:
version = 1202 and I downloaded it from here
Thanks given by:
This has been happening to me randomly and infrequently... Only on 1202 from sourceforge compiled at home on Fedora 19 and 20...
Thanks given by:
Never had any problems with input.
Thanks given by:
From what country are your keyboards? maybe encoding gets messed up and causes a bug with ac some how.. Also is it a desktop or laptop?

I've had ubuntu, debian, fedora, on two different US keyboarded laptops and no problems with ac regarding this bug.
Thanks given by:
Is there any helpful output when you run AC in a terminal?
Thanks given by:
I would've said something sooner but I thought it was something I was doing, until I saw this thread.
I have tried to recreate it with some success... But there is nothing abnormal occurring in the output when it happens...
However, pushing multiple buttons while pressing 'Enter' to send the text seems to do it...

Note: Started happening right after I entered 'D'
Using home directory: /home/forever/.assaultcube_v1.2
init: sdl
init: net
init: world
init: video: sdl
init: video: mode
init: video: misc
init: gl
Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CEDAR (X.Org)
Driver: 3.0 Mesa 10.0.4
init: console
init: sound
Audio devices:
Sound: OpenAL Soft / OpenAL Soft (OpenAL Community)
Driver: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.15.1
init: cfg
init: models
init: curl
init: docs
init: localconnect
read map packages/maps/official/ac_arctic.cgz rev 4 (15 milliseconds)
Frozen Village by Halo
loaded textures (68 milliseconds)
loaded mapmodels (56 milliseconds)
loaded mapsounds (274 milliseconds)
game mode is "TDM"
init: mainloop
|AoX|f0r3v3r^: Ok it is working
|AoX|f0r3v3r^: Let's see if I can recreate this bug
connecting to Beverly Hills Shooting Club
attempting to connect to 71.68.124.5:28763
connected to server
read map packages/maps/official/ac_douze.cgz rev 19 (26 milliseconds)
Douze (AC-Version) by makkE - layout by stanze
loaded textures (31 milliseconds)
loaded mapmodels (18 milliseconds)
loaded mapsounds (24 milliseconds)
game mode is "OSOK"
One Shot, One Kill: You and your opponents start with 1hp, a sniper rifle, a knife and no pickups. Survive with your sniper, or humiliate with your swiss steel.
time remaining: 5 minutes
connected: Maxodo
connected: DenniZZ
connected: TkD~>NeRd[T]
connected: .4C|TnT'?
MOTD:
This is Liz's Server... bring Liz diamonds
Cheating is not tolerated!!!
Spamming, vote abuse, LAGGING (seriously folks),
and team-killing are not tolerated either.
Let's have fun and happy shooting.
the round is over! next round in 5 seconds...
Maxodo is the survivor!
DenniZZ put-down .4C|TnT'?
|AoX|f0r3v3r^: D
Maxodo put-down DenniZZ
the round is over! next round in 5 seconds...
Maxodo is the survivor!
writing to file: /home/forever/.assaultcube_v1.2/config/init.cfg
writing to file: /home/forever/.assaultcube_v1.2/config/servers.cfg
writing to file: /home/forever/.assaultcube_v1.2/config/pcksources.cfg
writing to file: /home/forever/.assaultcube_v1.2/config/saved.cfg
disconnected

It locks up as described above - but instead of spamming Enter I have to right-click to get the # prompt to go away.... Of course, if I want to type again I have to restart....

While I assumed this is caused by some other failure on my part, I was left with this output after I closed AC and was dropped back at the terminal prompt (didn't show in the log I made of the output)
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

Other data: As stated this has occurred on Fedora 19 and 20 in 1.2.0.2 (compiled from source from sourceforge)... I never had it occur on my old installation of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, And I started using 1.2.0.2 on that right before I switched to Fedora...
As for input devices... I can reproduce it on the laptop I have with both the integrated and external keyboard and on the integrated keyboard even when the external keyboard is disconnected...
On the other machine it is a Desktop using a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800.... The keyboard attached to the laptop was a generic Dell wired keyboard...

Note: I was only able to reproduce this bug with random keypresses... The more specific I was about what I was pressing never seemed to allow me to reproduce it...
Though I was able to do it with 't +g + r + t + enter' - This seemed to be random and I couldn't produce it again immediately using the same combination....
Thanks given by:
(02 Apr 14, 04:47PM)SKB Wrote: Never had any problems with input.

Same. Latest Debian. Normally complied executables.

I would suggest that it's probably an SDL issue?
Thanks given by:
(02 Apr 14, 09:09PM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote: It locks up as described above - but instead of spamming Enter I have to right-click to get the # prompt to go away.... Of course, if I want to type again I have to restart....

Makes it sound like a fullscreen issue - again, probably an SDL problem.

Try running AC in non-fullscreen mode from here-on-out and see what you find. My guess is another program grabbing the screen.

Example:
exec bin_unix/linux_64_client -t -w1920 -h1020
Thanks given by:
(02 Apr 14, 09:34PM)RandumKiwi Wrote:
(02 Apr 14, 09:09PM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote: It locks up as described above - but instead of spamming Enter I have to right-click to get the # prompt to go away.... Of course, if I want to type again I have to restart....

Try running AC in non-fullscreen mode from here-on-out and see what you find. My guess is another program grabbing the screen.

Example:

* Mousikos runs i3 and has never used fullscreen.
Thanks given by:
I wasn't trying to complain, just trying to give more data on it's occurence as I thought it was relevant...
As I said, for me, it is very infrequent this occurs.... Without trying to make it happen, 96% of the time it isn't an issue...
However, it does still occur under the conditions you listed, and even when there aren't any other applications running...
That is not to say there isn't another issue elsewhere, as you had said possibly, SDL may be having a caniption in some other manner...
Jack had asked for some output so I thought I would at least try to give what I had...
Thanks given by:
I'm using a german keyboard and I'm on ZorinOS 8.

Will try to play in windowed mode from now on and see if it still happens or not and watch the terminal output more carefully, although I've never noticed anything special there before
Thanks given by:
Any followup, Robtics?

(02 Apr 14, 09:34PM)RandumKiwi Wrote:

Example:
This was /kind of/ suggested last time I talked to one of the B} guys. I use i3 so while I don't explicitly use "full screen", it's psuedo full screen because it automatically takes the width of the full screen when no other windows are open. Someone suggested that something was taken focus away from the window. However, AC /is/ highlighted in the active window and even after navigating away and navigating back to make sure it has mouse and keyboard input, I can't type. I can only play and if the text prompt pops up, I have to wait for it to idle out.
Thanks given by: