I cant learn english
[Image: 10dgsah.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Those sentences are brutal.
Thanks given by:
its only confusing to read because, while somewhat grammatically correct, it doesn't make any sense.
Thanks given by:
My French teachers used to tell me English was one of the hardest languages to learn.
:o
Thanks given by:
All the faith he had had had had no effect on the outcome of his life

i can make hot sentences too
Thanks given by:
(22 Mar 14, 06:36PM)Nightmare Wrote: My French teachers used to tell me English was one of the hardest languages to learn.
:o

Holy shit, this and Exoduss' posts about French education make me think that those guys are somehow retarded, wtf :|
Thanks given by:
Intentionally creating ludicrous sentences doesn't make the language difficult.

There are many harder languages I'm sure. Mandarin anybody?
Thanks given by:
This video will help you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZZTbQF1O0Y
Thanks given by:
(22 Mar 14, 10:01PM)Waffles Wrote: There are many harder languages I'm sure. Mandarin anybody?

I'll get back to you in september!
Thanks given by:
My Chinese friends told me that intonation is the key aspect of learning Mandarin. That's why Google translate sucks at Mandarin and that's why chinese have such a funny accent https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35vZthhqzJQ
Thanks given by:
(22 Mar 14, 11:04PM)VectorM12 Wrote: My Chinese friends told me that intonation is the key aspect of learning Mandarin. That's why Google translate sucks at Mandarin and that's why chinese have such a funny accent https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35vZthhqzJQ

Yeah, i speak Mandarin fluently and i agree. Intonation is very important in learning Mandarin as a beginner. Also i can say that it is harder to learn Mandarin than english. English has 26 letters and you can sound things out. Mandarin has over 1000 of words and you must remember them, so its much harder to write and remember.
Thanks given by:
English #1
Thanks given by:
It's easier to communicate in English . With 400 words you can communicate and not starve.
Portuguese for Brazil 's 900 words are necessary .

But it is easier to express feelings and desires in Portuguese .
My impression of the English language is that it is very formal . Or other terms I use and I am extremely informal . Difficult to find the middle ground .

In Portuguese it is easier to understand when we talk to ourselves or others . In English it is easier to communicate an idea in general and talk about abstract things .

In English there is a rigid grammatical order .. In Portuguese it is possible to make himself understood by changing the order of words in a sentence . And this changes the context.
And that is what hinders the Brazilians write in English .. We think and express ourselves in different ways even for formal affairs ... But when we write in English you need to follow an order of thought ...

Of course there are also nuances in English writing .. but this is only possible to realize much time and practice ..
Thanks given by:
Dutch>Mandarin>English
Thanks given by:
(23 Mar 14, 03:46AM)1Cap Wrote: My impression of the English language is that it is very formal

wot the fok did ye just say 2 me m8? i dropped out of newcastle primary skool im the sickest bloke ull ever meet & ive nicked ova 300 chocolate globbernaughts frum tha corner shop. im trained in street fitin' & im the strongest foker in tha entire newcastle gym. yer nothin to me but a cheeky lil bellend w/ a fit mum & fakebling. ill waste u and smash a fokin bottle oer yer head bruv, i swer 2 christ. ya think u can fokin run ya gabber at me whilst sittin on yer arse behind a lil screen? think again wanka. im callin me homeboys rite now preparin for a proper scrap. A roomble thatll make ur nan sore jus hearin about it. yer a waste bruv. me crew be all over tha place & ill beat ya to a proper fokin pulp with me fists wanka. if i aint satisfied w/ that ill borrow me m8s cricket paddle & see if that gets u the fok out o' newcastle ya daft kunt. if ye had seen this bloody fokin mess commin ye might a' kept ya gabber from runnin. but it seems yea stupid lil twat, innit? ima shite fury & ull drown in it m8. ur ina proper mess knob.
Thanks given by:
^ tell us more about your confirmed kills
Thanks given by:
1vs1 me reel life m8 i swer i wreck ya
Thanks given by:
that.
is what I think.
formal text or.
totally informal as the undead wrote.
I do not see an intermediate level.

I need to read more ...
Thanks given by:
Read some books. :)
The Dresden Files, series of novels.
Thanks given by:
English is very easy tbh. I would say Spanish is harder and, of course, Chinese is imposible. As in all languages I know, there is an intermediate level. It'll depend on the context.
Thanks given by:
I mean there are ways to take any language to it's limit of understanding. Ulysses by Joyce is a good example. Finnegans Wake is supposed to be one of the hardest books to read in English.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnegans_Wake
Thanks given by:
(24 Mar 14, 03:35AM)Waffles Wrote: I mean there are ways to take any language to it's limit of understanding. Ulysses by Joyce is a good example. Finnegans Wake is supposed to be one of the hardest books to read in English.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnegans_Wake

Reading literature purely for its difficulty is not what one should read literature for. If you really want to improve your English skills, simply use them more; read books and write stories.

Some great, clearly written books (of prose) for a relative beginner are Lolita and The Great Gatsby.
Thanks given by:
Spanglish is so much broader. Much chicas in el world
Thanks given by:
I was just using it as an example of how a relatively simple language can be twisted.
Thanks given by:
(23 Mar 14, 03:46AM)1Cap Wrote: It's easier to communicate in English . With 400 words you can communicate and not starve.
Highly doubtful statement.
Thanks given by:
'I want food'

* Marti can do it in 3 words
Thanks given by:
(24 Mar 14, 01:25PM)YesWeCamp Wrote:
(23 Mar 14, 03:46AM)1Cap Wrote: It's easier to communicate in English . With 400 words you can communicate and not starve.
Highly doubtful statement.

He's from Brazil so I believe him. :p
Thanks given by:
I want to thank everyone who is helping me to learn English in IRC, TS3, emails and PM's.

I'm already getting to express myself perfectly in small sentences and regularly in larger texts.

:)
Thanks given by:
(22 Mar 14, 10:23PM)Friteq Wrote: This video will help you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZZTbQF1O0Y

fucking lol'd
Thanks given by:
lol

Thanks given by: