The square, the score: how to live happy and lift up AC
I did all the procedures that I found here on the forum but the game is without sound yet.
Everyday I see players leaving the server and coming back to restore sound. A lot of them.
I have played every day less because of that.
This is the main reason for the decreasing number of players. That and the lag of the servers.
The AC is dying because your bad code.
We must learn that we owe to test the game before releasing it. For this we need beta testers. This is not something you do alone.
You need to be more careful with the code. Test well. To not have patches later.
I'll play the "b} 'league and will definitely stay with no sound during the game. This is very motivating...
It's easy to understand why not promote the game at momment. Promotion of the game at that time is like give a certificate of incompetence.
You guys are destroying the game!
And this is not happening naturally. You made it.
Why did you did it!
Tell us why!
Thanks given by:
Uh, 1Cap, I'm pretty sure they fixed the sound bug. Reinstall.
Thanks given by:
The sound bug is 'fixed' in that the problem has been identified and can be easily repaired. It hasn't been committed at time of writing, and even when it is, that's not going to help version 1.2.0.2. In the meantime, the bug is caused by the way ricochet sounds are handled when the shot is fired right up against map geometry. You can disable these "Ricochet air" sounds by unchecking them in the "Bullet/explosion" sound menu (the top two), or by unchecking "Bullet near-miss" (which disables both), or by typing
/bulletairsound 0
in-game, which does the same thing. You lose the ricochet sounds, but everything else stays.
Thanks given by:
(08 Apr 14, 02:17PM)jamz Wrote:
/bulletairsound 0

How was it found? :D
Thanks given by:
Huh. I reinstalled a few days ago and haven't had the sound bug since, after previously having it constantly. :|
Thanks given by:
(07 Apr 14, 10:58PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: Also note, both Jamz & I have been contributing towards testing the sound bug, so although stef has provided the fix and done a good job in this - us devs haven't been doing nothing.

Therefore I wrote "AC development - that means coding". :)
It was more an observation, than an accusation. ;)

(07 Apr 14, 10:58PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: Also note, I don't 'pull' code I don't understand. Pulling of code must be done only if it is understood and the dev reading that code is happy with it.

I understand, but the problem is, that in AC dev team there are absent coders now, which understand completely advanced stef's commits, especially related to physics. Therefore it seems to me, that only way now, to "break a deadlock" and continue more intensively AC development, are developers meetings, where probably will be easier to take a decision by a few people.
Thanks given by:
This is what destroys the game!
Thanks given by:
No I'm pretty sure bugs destroyed the game, not accidental teamkills.
Thanks given by:
08apr2014 15:26:47 Q-tip: why the tk |AoX|Graziano
08apr2014 15:26:47 |AoX|Graziano: why not
"accidental".. riight!

Tossers like this destroy the game.
Oh wait..
Thanks given by:
Yes indeed people like me have 'destroyed' this game. Eh who cares anyways, I've had my fun. :P
Thanks given by:
Nothing wrong with going with the most direct (and only afaik) competitor of AC (unless this is the AC soviet...)
I think that if devs don't act quickly ACR will eat your lunch before you know it.
Thanks given by:
Of course assaultcube is destroyed because of acr.
We need more admins like PERROS.

I'm going to get insta-perma-blacklisted after this post lol.
Thanks given by:
rest in peace, macm.
Thanks given by:
ACR = Assaultcube Cheaters Remake :D no, thank you :D
Thanks given by:
Did a clean install of the game and the sound went on with problems.
Currently downloading the game keeps the bug. Its not fully fixed.
I used
/ bulletairsound 0
and up to now 40 min the sound is ok.
Thanks given by:
(08 Apr 14, 10:17PM)macm Wrote: Of course assaultcube is destroyed because of acr..
Wasn't talking about acr..
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Oh my god, this was a really good thread for a little while, but when it starts developing meta-threads (about 3 of them) it's time to lock it. Stop bitching about Wolf/Perros/teamkillers for whatever reason you're bitching about him/them, individual people aren't to blame for this overall decline in activity in AC.
Thanks given by:
(08 Apr 14, 10:17PM)macm Wrote: Of course assaultcube is destroyed because of acr.
We need more admins like PERROS.

I'm going to get insta-perma-blacklisted after this post lol.

go play on the ladder and private worlds with the money of others that you avail of the people and not put servers to play as well as you abused my clan bob 4 months with 3 machines and nothing! that's the bob clan here .... if we talk about the others, I can start!
Thanks given by: