ac_empyreal
ac_empyreal By Z3R0

[Image: 12895067884_c936e41168.jpg]

[Image: 12895064444_64656eabce.jpg]

Layout:
Didn't plan this map to be symmetrical, didn't start out like that, but it turned out so. Should (hopefully) be quite balanced.

Akimbo thread.
Thanks given by:
Nice, uploaded to http://gibbed.me/custom.shtml
Thanks given by:
Oh shit!

I have no other words to describe this, there are so much genius ideas put together, out of the visual aspects, you brough a lot of new gameplay things. And I honestly like the layout a lot, the mapshot said it all...

[Image: mapsho10.jpg]

Even if this is impressive, I think there are a lot of mapmodel and maybe you can reduce the number, 600+ is a lot and because the map is a galery, the engine must load a lot of them constantly. I don't know why I could not load the skymap, all the mapmodels and textures loaded well but the skymap did not.
I've found a bug and probably something you missed at the exact opposite (accordingly to the map overview) of the first bug:

[Image: 20140310.jpg] [Image: 20140312.jpg]

I don't know if it was on purpose, but I found this too, a fence was placed in a way, another one in another way, and two fence spots are missing (missing fences are probably on purpose).

[Image: 20140313.jpg]

To finish, when I jumped on a small wall, I saw I could go trough something that could have been clipped, or at least the string, here:

[Image: 20140315.jpg]

Also, your mapping style fits more and more with one of my unfinished map, you should check it one day. :P
Thanks given by:
dat balance

looks like a nice map, guess it will never be picked in matches because there is no bias :D:D
Thanks given by:
[Image: ac_empyreal.cgz.jpg]

the items are not violating the symetry
Thanks given by:
I think doing asymmetrical pickups with a symmetrical map would be quite difficult. So I didn't bother, haha.

Thanks for responses everybody and ExodusS for bug reports. I fixed the building corner glitch. The ceiling grates were different on purpose, but I aligned them anyway, because I noticed one didn't quite fit. I didn't clip the clothes models because I felt they weren't a very permanent object, (a person could easily move them irl), and clipping them could just obstruct gameplay.

Hopefully the number of mapmodels isn't too, too high. I checked it out and a lot of them were very simple models like plants and cigarettes/cans/boxes. I'll see if I can cut it down, but when testing it I didn't find too much of an impact even in the larger rooms.
Thanks given by: