ac_overfreeze
ac_overfreeze By Z3R0

Was an old map that I stopped working on a while ago, recently picked it up and finished it off as there were only a few things needing done and I haven't released anything for a while.

Not very big, would struggle to hold a 3v3, but 2v2 might work nicely. Also looks like it could be fun in dm.

[Image: 12350147185_70c9f52f41_z.jpg]

[Image: 12350330473_0700e68169_z.jpg]

Akimbo thread.
Thanks given by:
Really like the map. Small, face paced, and lots of fun. :)
Thanks given by:
Excellent work. I really like the theme/location.
Thanks given by:
Really amazing map, it's similar to ac_werk in design but the gameplay is less open and offers a more strategic gameplay, also the map is a lot more complex to understand and to master.
The use of Cleaner's doors is smart and there are a lot of genious uses of common mapmodels.

I checked for some bugs/glitches but I did not found a single one, but there is something you could fix, the platform mapmodel you use as a bridge is not well placed and because of that, the textures don't fit well at the mapmodel/floor transition, the code of the platform is "57 11 93" (metal texture), if you want to fix it, just look at another direction, but I guess you already know that. :P
Thanks given by:
Thank you for the comments everyone. Glad you like it :)

About the platform mapmodels, I'm guessing you mean the ones used for the main bridge and leading into the RVSF building. I did try other directions, but they didn't look very good either, think i must have been down to lazy lighting (not sure, did that a long while ago). I'll take a look at that and see if I can improve it though.
Thanks given by:
one word pops in my head about this map, sex
Thanks given by:
I get this:
failed to load model mapmodels/toca/plants/grass_snow
failed to load model mapmodels/toca/plants/bush_snow
failed to load model mapmodels/toca/plants/smaltree_snow
Thanks given by:
(10 Feb 14, 03:54PM)Medusa Wrote: I get this:

Most likely an autodownload fail. Try getting the map directly from akimbo.
Thanks given by:
Thanks whop.

Don't really know if there's anything I can do about this, the models are in the download. I've noticed sometimes I'll need to /getmap a second time, to load all the downloaded textures/models. Try that? Sorry.
Thanks given by:
(10 Feb 14, 04:50PM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote:

Most likely an autodownload fail. Try getting the map directly from akimbo.

I did get it from akimbo

(10 Feb 14, 04:59PM)Z3R0 Wrote: Thanks whop.

Don't really know if there's anything I can do about this, the models are in the download. I've noticed sometimes I'll need to /getmap a second time, to load all the downloaded textures/models. Try that? Sorry.

Tried that and no more error messages, idk what's different but no more red errors, thanks
Thanks given by:
(10 Feb 14, 10:59PM)Medusa Wrote: Tried that and no more error messages, idk what's different but no more red errors, thanks

I did it too and the error messages disapeared too, but there is no difference, in fact, the missing models are those you can see on Z3R0's screenshots, but even if you don't have the missing model error message, you are not loading the models. Typing /getmap as many times as you want, the models will not load. I did not test the autodownloader/packager enough to say if it's a problem with this map or all maps.
Thanks given by:
(10 Feb 14, 10:59PM)Medusa Wrote: Tried that and no more error messages, idk what's different but no more red errors, thanks

I think most of the time when it checks for content, when it finds new stuff it will download but doesn't refresh the map, meaning they aren't loaded. Though because you had downloaded the map from akimbo, I'm really unsure why actually, ahah. As long as it works :)
Thanks given by:
Does someone have a link so i can get the mapmodels and add them myself (searched akimbo but couldn't find them)
Thanks given by:
(11 Feb 14, 11:23AM)Medusa Wrote: Does someone have a link so i can get the mapmodels and add them myself (searched akimbo but couldn't find them)

Downloaded from akimbo again to check and they're there, but yeah I'll link you to a dropbox file. https://db.tt/o2BeaHnJ
Thanks given by:
The mapmodels and textures wont load if the map/s is/are using an old version of the cfg. I realized that theres many maps, on Akimbo, wich are not compatibles whit the current version. use the cfg convertor.

example: apollo_castle
[Image: 9fqRXvL.jpg]
Plataform missing.

Sorry to post this here.

@Z3RO: You said that is an old map, did you converted the cfg file? http://upload.assaultcu.be/mapcfg.php
Thanks given by:
I did, yeah. Either way, the models I included in the map were custom textures of models only included in the 1.2 release, they couldn't have been in the 1.1.0.4 version anyway. I've redownloaded the package and installed it and it works fine, I don't get why it isn't working for others.

Checking by a default_map_settings.cfg sent to me by another player I also confirmed that the original models are included and in the same directory (which is necessary). Dunno what's up.

EDIT: Nevermind, think I've figured out how to fix this, just need to make some changes to the akimbo thread.
Thanks given by:
If one (or more) of the missing mapmodels is the snowy grass, well I remember it was in the test map on the SVN and they are probably official now, I guess you have to deal with that to fix the loading issue.
Thanks given by:
Downloaded it again from akimbo and got it all now, idk why but the missing mapmodels weren't there the first time.
Thanks given by:
Talked to some akimbo mods to get it sorted, and that should be it working from auto download. Apparently having a blank line at the start of my cfg file stopped it working, but it might have just been the way I uploaded it. Well, whatever, it works. :)
Thanks given by: