Mouse Troubles
I'm on windows 8. The game runs fine fps wise, at a constant 60fps.

When I move the mouse, it doesn't go exactly where it should. It's like there's some randomness to where it will go. If I move the mouse in small controlled circles, it will sometimes jerk up so that I'm looking at the sky, or it might jerk down to the right or any direction it chooses. There's not any predictability to it. Another thing I've noticed about it: Even after I've stopped moving my mouse irl, the cursor will continue to move in-game. It's like the game has some built in 'tweening of the motion of the mouse. Outside of assaultcube in every other application the mouse works fine, and on my windows 7 desktop, the mouse works fine in assaultcube.

I've tried messing around with sensitivity, filter, and acceleration in the mouse settings, but it doesn't ever get rid of the jerkiness.

I've tried messing around with video settings to see if it would have any affect, toggled vsync on and off, made it go to lowest graphics, then highest graphics. No effect.

I'm not really sure what other information to provide. Any ideas?
Thanks given by:
I used to have a similar issue with an old mouse of mine...it went away when I switched to a different mouse.

What mouse do you have anyway?
Thanks given by:
Also, what surface do you use your mouse on?
Thanks given by:
Try /vsync 0
Thanks given by:
(13 Feb 14, 12:53AM)SplatZ Wrote: ...I've tried messing around with video settings to see if it would have any affect, toggled vsync on and off...

Mouse is this one.

I have a good mousepad. Also I know it's not the mousepad because the motion would be jerky in other applications and on the desktop if the problem were the surface that the mouse is on.
Thanks given by:
Not necessarily. My mouse worked fine for everything but did exactly what you're talking about in AC.
Thanks given by:
(14 Feb 14, 01:25AM)PhaNtom Wrote: Not necessarily. My mouse worked fine for everything but did exactly what you're talking about in AC.

You only had to change the surface that your mouse was on to fix the problem?
Thanks given by:
see if you can dust out the mouse/mousepad and remove anything obstructing the laser. this usually fixes the skipping. otherwise, you may have to get a new mouse, which i had to do after my mouse started skipping all over the place.

you aren't noticing the skipping in other applications because its usually not noticeable unless you're playing a video game.
Thanks given by:
I think it would help to show what is actually happening. Because it is not choppy. I would describe it more as random acceleration of the mouse.

Anyway, here's the video

As you can see, it cannot be a problem like dust under the mouse because with the same mouse on a different computer it's fine.

Soo... yeah. I have no idea what's causing it. Could it be a problem with windows 8?
Thanks given by:
In the Windows menu, turn off "enhance pointer precision".

Also, disabling mouse acceleration in game is only half the story, you also need to disable it on your system or else it will be present in every game you play. Download the MarkC Windows 8 accel fix (click me)

See if your mouse movement is any different after this.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that the last Roccat mouse I tried (Kova+) had a glitchy sensor. It's entirely possible that if neither of the things I mentioned above work, it could be your issue.
Thanks given by:
If you are running Windows 7:

1. Right click anywhere on the desktop and select Screen Resolution
2. Click on Make text and other items larger or smaller
3. Change the size of text to Smaller - 100% (default)
4. Apply, click on Log off now and restart

PS: You can put off your output devices, and by the way do you use a back surface color?
Thanks given by:
How on earth is that supposed to help.
Thanks given by: