Copying a server adrress for an inter
Hey all, in 1.1 a little black box would stay open (at least in WIN), and when someone would want an inter, I would just close the game out and go to that box and copy it. Then I would restart my game and paste it in the console. How do I go about copying that address ?? I do like the fact the box is gone with 1.2 BTW. Thanks for any input.
Thanks given by:
Thought it used to be in the docs here: http://assault.cubers.net/docs/commandline.html

But maybe it wont let you have that up anymore?
Thanks given by:
I'll check it out again. I didnt see it round one. Thanks though
Thanks given by:
AssaultCube doesn't send information after booting to the cmd prompt; and calls via batchfile to close. You can try using older batch files to keep the cmd prompt open, but as I've said, you won't get any other data than when you first boot up the game. :I
Thanks given by:
You gotta read my first post B}rother, there used to be a command window open in 1.1. after one has closed the game out. I used to use that and copy that address and then I restarted the game and pasted it in the console

EDIT: Im posting here instead of checking out the prob on IRC, just in case any one else with the same problem may be able to find it out how to do it here, just in case they dont know how to access IRC and want to use the forums for advice. I really need some advice on this though
Thanks given by:
Edit the batch file, make a new line and write "pause".
But yeah, like Demon said, it won't have any data, that just keeps it open but it'll be pretty much blank apart from a few lines.
Thanks given by:
In assaultcube.bat, change
start bin_win32\ac_client.exe --init %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
to
bin_win32\ac_client.exe --init %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 > clientlog.txt
Save, close, run. Now, when you close AC, you'll have a file in your AC folder called clientlog.txt with all of the console output.
Thanks given by:
I'll save this now. I might keep a shortcut of this folder(clientlog.txt after it has been created) on my desktop to help me. Thanks all :)

EDIT:This works perfectly for my my last empty map and the problem is solved. I could see this being tweaked, but there are other dink and ninks at hand Thank you JAMZ
Thanks given by:
Realtime? :) It's my missing link atm.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 14, 08:02AM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote: ...you won't get any other data than when you first boot up the game. :I

ORLY?
Thanks given by:
[Image: fG54l4z.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Im sorry to be a spoiler, but you have to listen between the lines :P

Thanks given by: