Is manual switch to spec after dead, to avoid spawntime cheating?
Greetings,
so I figured out, that if switch to spec and back, it takes about 2s, spawn time is 5s. Is it taken as cheating, and what about if all players on the server agree a do it so? Thank you for your answers.

ps: I mean do it manually, no script.
Thanks given by:
20 minutes ban if i see it - at least.
Thanks given by:
Same. I ban anyone I see doing so.
Thanks given by:
It's more of an abuse case that cheat.
Thanks given by:
Technically no, it's not cheating (unless your definition of "cheating" includes any means of gaining an unfair advantage, but in this case everyone can do it so it's not "unfair").
It's an abuse (as what Casius said) of a "bug" (I don't know what else to call it) to get an unfair advantage.

Is it worthy of a ban? Yes it is.
Thanks given by:
It is cheating and therefore and abuse. Everyone can modify the ac_client to cheat yet the honest players do not, even if they know how to do it.
Kind of the thing that happens when you play a 1 on 1, in that one player is using the sniper and the other the assault riffle (AR requires less skill than the sniper), what do you do if you are using the assault rifle to not to feel like a douche against the sniper player? If you seek to push your on limits and to improve your skills you switch to sniper, regardless if the other player is or not better in sniper than you, same thing here you wait the goddamn five seconds if you don't want to be seen like a douche bag and cheater.

The problem is that is a bug which leads to cheating, so you won't see any comments from the people who is trying to fix such bugs, they know it is a cheat or at least an undesirable feature and they should ban you if you do it, but they won't or else they will unleash a shitstorm of biblical proportions for an error that is in their side. Therefore you won't see a reply from them and they'll let server owners decide.
Thanks given by:
[Image: rAZaUgV.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes, it is cheating. Solved by a swift /ban to the face.

If you are a server owner and want to fix this problem, doing this: https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/commit...ccb104a4fc and recompiling should be just dandy.
Thanks given by:
(23 Jan 14, 10:13PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Yes, it is cheating. Solved by a swift /ban to the face.

If you are a server owner and want to fix this problem, doing this: https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/commit...ccb104a4fc and recompiling should be just dandy.

Great....

Commit prevents spectate bug

Time saved banning: endless hours

Admin UX: Priceless...
Thanks given by: