2014 AssaultCube World Cup
USA USA USA!!!!!!

Im saying it ironically. #FEDORAINTENSIFIES
Thanks given by:
(31 Jan 14, 07:28PM)Xenon Wrote: optic is trash
LOL
He's better than most.
Thanks given by:
(01 Feb 14, 12:35AM)Mr.OpTic Wrote: <3 the hitsound failures of this version has completely ruined what little skill i had from the previous version.

What failures?
Thanks given by:
the hitsound doesnt register half the time i play, therefore i dont know how many times ive hit my enemy, thus lowering my accuracy as i get conscious of making sure i kill, among other annoying factors that come with it.
Thanks given by:
What is your /hitsound set to?
Thanks given by:
I mostly notice a "buggy" hitsound when setting it to instant (hitsound 2).

i.e. I hear 4 hitsounds (with delays between each), when in reality I hit 7 with the SMG for a frag. I know the amount of bullets I've hit by a script which echoes the amount in the console.

And since sometimes instant hitsounds don't "work", I never use them to reliably count my hits and rely on that script instead. I just use hitsounds as a kind of positive feedback.
Thanks given by:
i stopped playing purely because the hitsound is pure awful - atleast for me playing on EU servers
Thanks given by:
Do not know why this issue appeared here...
But it is true, this version of the game ended with hitsound. And more,
Yesterday I opened the game and it was reseted. The game , alone, back to the original configuration. I had to set everything up again.
Today my computer had a Windows "blue screen of death".
Reading the codes I found out it was caused by AssaultCube.
The sound stops working at any point during the game. If I put hitsound from server, worsening over!
Neither is there any relation between the number of hits and the sound I hear.
Currently the hitsound is purely allegorical and almost useless, actually hinders more than it helps ...
I do not know what changed. What I know is that hitsound is bad and the ping is increased considerably. Maybe the devs have tweaked the protocol packets, anyway.
The average ping of all the players greatly increased!
The game has many players from Brazil, and our ping greatly increased and it happened on the same servers the previous version. Same server but with higher ping now! Its hard to fix?
Thanks given by:
I personally stopped using hitsound 2 simply because it was unreliable.
Hitsound 1 is fine for me as a player with low ping, but there is something bugged with 2
Thanks given by:
Losing hitsound drains your skills?
Thanks given by:
of course yes, you don't have the same play style when the guy has 4hp or 70hp
Thanks given by:
very true
effects me hugely
Thanks given by: