MD2 Tag Missing
A few days after installing a couple of choice mods from Matasar's big rar file, I cleared my aliases from saved.cfg, and suddenly I get this error message when starting the game:
could not find tag tag_muzzle
not loading an md2
and I can no longer see a muzzle flash. :(
Being a complete modeling noob, I have no idea what I did wrong.
How can I fix this?
Thanks given by:
Try using the backup he instructed you about
Thanks given by:
Right... --mod=mods ftw.
I guess I should modify my question to:
How did this occur in the first place (i.e., how can I avoid this problem in the future)?
Thanks given by:
Well, looks like Matasar forgot to add a muzzleflash tag to a model. Replacing it with the original model should fix that issue easily though.

Unfortunately he is not interested in 'technical correctness' and therefore you'll have to deal with such problems yourself...
Thanks given by:
Strange...
OK, so it's missing the tag altogether. In that case, how come the muzzleflash showed up at all after I started using the mods?
Thanks given by:
When I boot up AC, it give me the message "Could not find tag tag_muzzle". I still get my muzzle flash. As this seems to be slightly related to the saved.cfg, I'll remind you that I made it so AC couldn't overwrite it (by "locking" it).
I was going to ask about this sometime.
Thanks given by:
The models dont have that muzzle tag.
If that is something you really miss you have to go back to original models.
Sorry for that, those are models i made before and just wanted to share for people to have fun with.
Thanks given by:
You can still see the muzzleflash? On all weapons that shoot?
Thanks given by:
Yes. Actually, my error. It says "Could not find tag tag_muzzle"
Thanks given by:
(30 Aug 10, 08:25AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Yes. Actually, my error. It says "Could not find tag tag_muzzle"

If you still want to use it without the error then you can edit the md3.cfg file and remove the line muzzle.
Thanks given by:
I'm not using your mods. The only mods are my skin mods.
Thanks given by:
Aw Matasar.
I'll give you +5 internets to add a muzzle tag to them!
Thanks given by: