Inappropriate message?
(28 Dec 13, 09:54AM)Cleaner Wrote: I don't agree with fucking free speech, fuck that shite! You can't allow people to say whatever they want! Why in this case do we have forum rules about racism, harassment and such?

Having relatives burned down to hashes in concentration camps during WW2 it does piss me off when I see brainless dumb cunts with nicks like 'HH88' 'Rommel' 'Hitler' and such.

Freedom of speech? Yeah! Let's have like in the USA nazis demonstrating down the road with full on uniforms and flags with huge swastikas.

If I have to give you the freedom of speech I'll then give myself the right to senselessly punch your sorry twat face!

you have the freedom to use those offensive phrases though

i get what you are saying, but unfortunately, most people dont care who is on the other side of their screen- they just shoot people

i agree with your opinion but using those words will convince no one
Thanks given by:
Many people do not have enough calm and knowledge to moderate / administer a server . This happens here in the forum. And this, every day, is more easier for everyone to realize.
The simplest would be to say: do not use more this server. But sometimes we have no choice.
The really bad is when we know the admin. Certain attitudes are very frustrating. But use it as learning. And use it to really know the people around you.
"admin abuse" in the game is very similar to what happens here in Foum. Certainly serves admins taked it as an example.

We could create a thread for "admin abuse".
Thanks given by:
Nah, admin abuse on server is much worse than bad moderation here in the forum, one does not need to come here to play the game and the opposite is not true.

This bullshit that server owners can do whatever the hell they want, caus is their server and whatnot is ludicrous. Abuse from server owners and admins does much more harm to the game than anything that could happens over here...
Thanks given by:
pls someone add "inter" to forbidden.cfg
Thanks given by:
I'm not saying that server ops can do whatever they want or that they should be allowed to. They can't make gameplay-changing modifications to servers listed on the MS, for example, and players sometimes have valid complaints of admin abuse. It surely is harmful to the public aspect of the game.

We're talking in particular about forbidden.cfg, though. While annoying, unreasonable word filter entries aren't exactly going to ruin the game. That's why I believe that we don't really need to reach an agreement about whether use of forbidden.cfg is right, or what should be in it.

A game server is a little dictatorship, just like certain small countries. The dictator may be a benevolent one, in which case people may be inclined to come play there. The dictator may be harsh and unreasonable, and people will avoid the place. If the dictator is too awful, his country won't be allowed to enjoy the benefits of membership in the U.N. and such organizations -- let's suppose this is like having your server banned from the MS. With this, server ops are kept in check in all the truly important ways, and given the freedom to handle all the little internal politics independently.
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 13, 08:43PM)Jack Wrote: A game server is a little dictatorship, just like certain small countries. The dictator may be a benevolent one, in which case people may be inclined to come play there. The dictator may be harsh and unreasonable, and people will avoid the place. If the dictator is too awful, his country won't be allowed to enjoy the benefits of membership in the U.N. and such organizations -- let's suppose this is like having your server banned from the MS. With this, server ops are kept in check in all the truly important ways, and given the freedom to handle all the little internal politics independently.

the issue here is that the people supposedly keeping server owners in check only ban servers out when they promote maps or gameplay that they find unsavoury. that's it. you don't see server bans handed out for repetitive admin abuse, even though admin abuse takes away from the game more than gemas or @camper maps.

you can't exactly trust players to self-police bad server owners, because people won't avoid a server if they personally aren't being singled out and abused. players join servers promoting the gameplay they are looking for, nothing else.
Thanks given by:
(30 Dec 13, 02:39AM)1Cap Wrote: Many people do not have enough calm and knowledge to moderate / administer a server . This happens here in the forum. And this, every day, is more easier for everyone to realize.
The simplest would be to say: do not use more this server. But sometimes we have no choice.
The really bad is when we know the admin. Certain attitudes are very frustrating. But use it as learning. And use it to really know the people around you.
"admin abuse" in the game is very similar to what happens here in Foum. Certainly serves admins taked it as an example.

We could create a thread for "admin abuse".
what about a thread for "user abuse" about those players who are not contributing in anyway but harassing admins all day and demanding things they do not deserve
Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 14, 02:50AM)Undead Wrote: the issue here is that the people supposedly keeping server owners in check only ban servers out when they promote maps or gameplay that they find unsavoury.

Heh, fair enough. I don't really hang around enough to know how it really goes down.
Thanks given by:
I got my answer on the first page, can we lock this thread? I don't want this to turn into what it seems to be turning into: Dev/Mod vs User.
Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 14, 02:38PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(30 Dec 13, 02:39AM)1Cap Wrote: We could create a thread for "admin abuse".
what about a thread for "user abuse" about those players who are not contributing in anyway but harassing admins all day and demanding things they do not deserve

Seems to me like a legit request.

@ Mousikos, leave it, sometimes users need to spill they beans and devs/admins to straighten things up.
Thanks given by:
I believe that the manifestation of the forum moderators and admins are legitimate.
I always think positive when people express their thoughts.
But my experience on forums shows me that this thread should be closed or will be completely offtopic.

My opinion on the words filter on the server is:
Yes it can be done smoothly. Certainly if the rules of the filter are against the rules of the game, then should we care and act.

Example: Filters that promote racism, attacking minorities, causing embarrassment and anger, etc ...
So I gave the idea of ​​a thread about abuse admin, on servers.
It is a tricky issue. Maybe this should be handled specially.

Happy 2014!
(edited)
Thanks given by:
Filter that promote racism?

What the **** ?

Close this thread before 1Cap strikes again!
Thanks given by:
Buggy relax, its just an english fail.
1cap rules! He is our new spiritual leader.
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 13, 07:50PM)ExodusS Wrote: pls someone add "inter" to forbidden.cfg
This.
Thanks given by: