Being a good player
could someone teach me how to shoot with the smg as fast as Feng?
there is the possibility of walking sideways as fast as walking diagonally?

I need someone as fast as he can help me ....

Christmas is coming. It's time to share!
Thanks given by:
lesson 1: stop looking up to feng
Thanks given by:
lesson 0: Stop complaining and calling "ruim" in game...
Thanks given by:
use
/bind mouse1 quit

it crashes the game for some people though
Thanks given by:
Strafing (going forward and sideways) does increase your speed.
Thanks given by:
Aimbot generally helps
Thanks given by:
Hey guys how do you do that thing where you wildly fire the AR all over the place so you can dodge around really fast while at the same time managing to hit the enemy? Tell me your secrets

Also what button do you press to warp out of the enemy's line of fire at the most opportune moment while not showing any lag at all on the scoreboard? I know it's there but nobody is telling me what it is.
Thanks given by:
1) concentrate less on crying but actually playing (very important)
2) watch the good players play - they move a lot differently to what you do normally
3) watch the good players aim and notice where their crosshairs are
4) use sound (e.g. soundwhoring)
5) practise lots - ac is an art bro you can't wing it
is all about the movement, aiming and awareness of whether the other player is

6) read this: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7275.html
7) play lots of 1v1 and don't RQ at any stage
thx
Thanks given by:
I'm not a pro, but I'm not a total newb either. What I figured out is that being skilled depends on two things. Being able to hit your opponent, and being able to survive the incoming fire.

Hitting your opponent is mostly about keeping the cross-hair on your opponent while he dodges around, The better the player, the better he will dodge. Total beginners will stand still, newbs will run around, advanced players will strafe while walking to be faster, more advanced players will dance around, semi pros will jump, jump crouch, run backwards and dance, while pros will do everything listed previously and also use their surroundings to practically become ninjas to the extent the game will permit it.

Surviving depends on 3 things, the amount of health you have, the amount of armor you have and your dodging skills. There is also the third and the half thing which is luck. Sometimes you'll be headshot unintentionally, walk into a room with 3 or more enemies, walk into a nade behind a corner, get shotgunned around a corner in the face, usually by some lucky punk. From what I gathered, best way to go about surving long periods of time is to camp a route and stay on defense. Contrary to what some might say, having a route that leads you to armor, health and ammo is still camping, even if it's not standing behind a corner and waiting for someone to step into your field of fire. Still, route camping is good. Unfortunately, if you want flags, you'll need to go on the attack, so you can't defensively camp forever. In this instance, pick your attack route with care. Usually it's good to choose a less traveled one, or one with good pickups. Going in to an enemy base from the side that has a health pickup is good, so you can pick it up after you sustain damage.

On the technical side, your game might benefit from a better and stable frame rate. It is advisable to have a ps2 keyboard as it has the least amount of lag, from the moment you press a key, to the moment the game gets the signal that you did. Mice are a lengthy discussion, but most will agree that wireless mice have the most lag, so it's best to avoid them. USB is a good choice. On a side note, having extra mouse buttons IMO is a good thing, I have 2, and they're set to change weapons to knife and pistol. I find it quicker than using the keyboard or the scroll wheel. It does come down to personal preference tho.

All this aside, FPS games are mostly about skill, with no dice rolls like RPGs have for instance, and skills are trainable. Practice, practice, practice, the more the better. Having a gunfight with an opponent is a battle of wills, and usually the guy with the stronger will to win the fight will do it. Will is trainable. You can do it in game by playing or outside the game by taking a martial arts course for instance. Willpower will keep you calm in tight situations, improving the steadiness of your aim and your survival rate. With a honed enough will, you will probably be able to fell what the opponent will do in the next moment or so, so you will be better prepared to use it to gain the advantage.

It is also good to know your weapons to be successful. Fight on your ground of choice, not theirs. Open the range to opponents wielding shotguns and smgs
. Close the range to opponents wielding carbines and snipers. It's a bit risky with snipers, as people using them are usually adept at killing you at any range, from across the map to using a knife to slice you up. Best way to go about killing those kind of opponents is to dodge their first bullet then spray them while you can. If you get hit by a sniper and survive, I suggest you retreat while you can. In smg vs smg, or ar vs ar duels, it's usually down to better aim and more armor. smg is better at close range, while ar is better at more range.
If you wield an ar and go against a smg, it's better to open the range, and vice versa. Akimbo usually beats everything.
Thanks given by:
Your post reminded me an article I wrote like 2-3 years ago in |TaS forums. The clan is dead but luckily I found it for you. Hope it will help you :
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The 3rd step is about Assault Rifle(AR).This unpopular weapon that got so much powered when new version released(ver:1.1),that forced most players to change all their previous weapons to this AR.

In my opinion you can classify both SMG and AR into one group as with both of them alll you got to do is,Holding down you L-click and just Spraying you enemies.But the main feature that makes the difference between AR and SMG is: "Recoil".Some players might find it a negavtive feature in AR but if you use this Recoil in its right way ,you will find AR almost the most powerfull weapon in "version 1.1".Anyway these are some tips that might help you to improve you AR skill:

1 . Go to Setting/Gameplay setting and set the Player Skin to Full Color.[increase you accuracy by concentrating in just one colored enemy skin.]

2 . Go to Setting/Mouse Setting and change your CrossHair to Red_Dot ,AND set it's size to 10.[this tips gives you more accuracy specially for far aims by focusingthe most little spot for crosshair as much as possible]
Now it's time to get back to the game

3 . "Hold your Aim Down"[/b] -this is the first thing you need to learn when you take an AR in your hands.Somewhere around you enemy waist(or alil down) is always a good place to start shooting your enemy.Plus that never does mean that you need to just look at the ground when moving(you looser!).

4 . "Adjust your aim" -yeah this is the BASIC rule you need to learn with ALL weapons.The one who is faster in shooting can kill faster,so ALWAYS try to fix your Crosshair on the Gates where you anticipate your enemy might show up from there.
here are some examples:
[Image: train5_20110217_1737400855.jpg]
[Image: train4_20110217_1162001733.jpg]
[Image: train1_20110217_1218878747.jpg]
[Image: train2_20110217_1549081499.jpg]
[Image: train3_20110217_1192529799.jpg]
Forget about to face down to the ground when you want to take a HP or AMMObox,that's a big mistake,INSTEAD try to learn maps well! in order to find all Pick ups with closed eyes;)

5 . "The one who Clicks faster will survive"- it makes sense, If you wanna kill before getting killer you need to shoot faster, So always be ready with you Finger to shoot!Here is a flash game that tell you how fast you can be(good train to understand this tip):
http://www.mathsisfun.com/games/reaction-time.html

Note : Do not hesitate to start shooting before you even make the turn, or even before you see your enemy(just try to listen to your enemy footsteps and aniticipate where he is). But beware, this tactic requires experience and is rather risky if not done correctly, because you can spend too much candy or even do a reload at the wrong time.

6 . We go to practice now. Here we have two basic rules that must be trained ,You need to practice both of them alot inorder to feel it intuitivly which method you need to choose in order to kill your enemy:

A - Always Shoot your enemy by moving sideways, by pressing "a" and "d" on your keyboard rapidly,trying to Hold you aim on your enemy body at the same time. This not only makes you dodge the enemy bullets, but will give you stability in sight.

B - Hold your crosshair on your enemy body(somewhere under his waist at the center is a good point) press the "s" + Space(jump!) at the same time, trying to keep the crosshairs on your enemy. With this, you will stabilize the crosshairs on it and make its difficult for him to hit, since it moves away quickly backwards, flying, back . Notice that here you will be using the AR recoil in his favor. I found this Method more useful than the first one ,try to train it alot so the time when you learn how to crosshair on the enemy with as much accuracy,YOU will turn into a BEAST with your AR!

7 . "The firstshot Rule" - the first shot rule says if your first shot hits your enemy(at the right place=>at the center of your enemy's waist),the rest of your shotting will hit your enemy.Try to remind this rule always and don'nt try to use your mouse shaking when you shoot,instead try to fix your aim on your enemy by pressing "A" and "D".

8 . "Stop shooting without hitsound!"-Never do this mistake,by spraying your enemy with your rifle and no hit.If you see your 2-3 bullets in row don't hit your enemy,Stop shooting ,try to aim on your enemy again and start shooting.This process must be done in a sec before you are dead.:)

9 . "AR-Pistol Combo"-you hav no idea how many times I have saved my ass by turning into Pistol after I was out of bullet and my enemy was stll alive.(right now go to your setting and turn off that Autoreload stuff)and try to get used to changing your pistol after your out of ammo instead of reloading it at once.

Note:Set your accuracy box on by "/accuracy 1" .According to my exprience in a Regular match in clanmatches or public servers:
10-20 %(mediocre)
20-30% (Good)
30%-40%(Excellent)
40~60%(Whoreeee!)
more than 60%=>Most Probably a Cheater

Always consider that ALL the above are only some tips. Increasing your level is just the result of increasing your training. Load the AC and start it now,gl.
Thanks given by:
You are brazilian, you should know dem cheats
Thanks given by:
Really!? This shit coming from a fucking guy that wrote whole treatises about prejudice against Brazilian, that they are always considered cheaters beforehand?!?
You have been annoying the hell out of everyone here with your idiotic "prejudice" posts and now you come along suggesting that Feng cheats because he can shoot faster and move better than you? (Like this would be somehow hard?)
But the sad part really is that Feng is not all that good, hell even I did beat him in 1v1 a couple of times and I sux at it!
Thanks given by:
brofist to SrPER$IAN for the wonderful article. much appreciated.
Thanks given by:
lel http://thebillybobers.net/node/300
Thanks given by:
less broken link: http://infamousclan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=90
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 13, 09:50PM)KnifeOnly Wrote: less broken link: http://infamousclan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=90

The one on BoB's forum is more updated. kkkkkkk
Thanks given by:
equally nice fate. i do remember this. props for the contribution
Thanks given by:
I would like to thank everyone who made this article very instructive and useful.
I've read a lot of stuff that made me think and I will also change my habits in the game.
The posts were very good. I'm sure it will also help many players.
I believe so will improve the quality of the game. Not creating restrictions, but leveling players.
I am currently without a good machine for gaming, but I will resolve it soon and want to have the pleasure of playing with you.

Maybe I can be ready by Christmas. So I'll play some Christmas games, as I've been doing for 6 years now ...

Thank you. Who has more to teach, please write!

* I will try to create a tutorial with tips on how to play with the shotty in CTF 3 x 3.
Thanks given by:
An fps above 100 helps incredibly when you use automatic weapons, too.
Thanks given by:
"The better the player, the better he will dodge. Total beginners will stand still, newbs will run around, advanced players will strafe while walking to be faster, more advanced players will dance around, semi pros will jump, jump crouch, run backwards and dance, while pros will do everything listed previously and also use their surroundings to practically become ninjas to the extent the game will permit it."

while this does make some sense, there are many players who simply focus on aiming. Everyone strafe runs to some degree while firing, but people like horus, newbie, myself, etc. prefer to aim more precisely than move around. Xemi is hard to hit sure, and his aim has gotten a lot better while moving, but if you're focused on dodging, you're also not hitting for the most part.

"From what I gathered, best way to go about surving long periods of time is to camp a route and stay on defense."

if the goal is to survive, you should just hide in a corner and not worry about losing the game. death is a tactical play in this game and not enough people realize this as far as i can tell. Its always good to get a frag and a flag, but often times you can choose not to kill to set up an easy push. while some other dipshit is trying to whore back some health around his own base, you can double their teammate and then double them (2v2, just one of many examples).

I realize you may be talking about pubs, but if the goal is to be a good player then we shouldnt base what we know off publics. fragging and aiming does matter, but positioning is oft overlooked. If you're trying to beat feng 1cap, just run around him, he's easily confused.
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 13, 01:59PM)SrPER$IAN Wrote: [Image: train3_20110217_1192529799.jpg]

Best reflexes are around 0,2 seconds, the average is around 0,5 so I think in less than 0,5 second, the enemy player has enough time to trough your crosshair (red-dot) and to be out of your aim (at the left, in the room) before you start aiming/shooting accordingly to AssaultCube speed, I often saw this on top level pros on CS1.6, but AC is much faster than CS, I think you should aim a bit at your left.
Thanks given by:
Dunno Waffles, staying in a corner is not moving, and not moving will get you dead fast. And if you camp on the same place after you die, the enemy will know exactly where you are and come in shooting. People have different styles of play, some like to dodge, some like to snipe, steal flags or whatnot. Precise aim is a very good thing, but it's reasonable to assume hat precise aim plus good dodging skills will get you further.

On a side note, calling a teammate that is picking up health packs to survive a dipshit shows lack of respect to a fellow teammate. If someone is less skilled than you it doesn't he's bad, it means you're better. Expanding on that, you can't pick up more health if you are full, so hoarding health packs is not something you can do all the time.

I am talking about pubs, because it's what I play, and it's what you all played when you started. Pubs have their advantages and disadvantages, and while it's true that there is better competition in clan matches, it doesn't mean you can't learn from public games. Playing both, and not just focusing on one aspect would be good in a manner that you become an all around better player. To expand on my reasoning, pubs often have more players, so the game is more deadly and has less available pickups, while playing 2v2 or 3v3 matches like inters makes you learn more about tactics and teamwork. A pub is a target rich environment so there is more time to develop aiming, while inters and the like have more skilled players so your own skills will develop faster.

All this aside, I would say that practice is the thing that will help you develop most.
Thanks given by:
He is not trying to beat anyone, he just wants to make a point regarding "cheaters".
Thanks given by:
A better mouse, faster broadband speed, and consistently high frame rate will do you more good than any adjustments to playing style. Unless you play ac with your feet or something. At the end of the day whoever keeps their aim glued to someone most accurately wins the engagement. It's not like CoD where I can come out on top despite my average reaction time and wavering tracking of the enemy when I shoot, because people die a lot faster. That allows me to use my positional skills and knack for sneaking up on people to perform be twice the player I am in that game than in AC.
Thanks given by:
I forgot the SMG had recoil. Button me britches and call JabrykaTits.
Thanks given by:
welcome back
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 13, 06:33PM)ElCrema Wrote: He is not trying to beat anyone, he just wants to make a point regarding "cheaters".
Stop trying to put add logic into this thread.
Thanks given by:
Great tips. I will put into practice a lot of them.
I found it interesting that it was not talked about scripts here.
It was talked about special mouse ...
And scripts? Make a big difference as well?

Another thing is about automatic weapons. actually there are players that have an absurd rate of fire.
I can not kill Feng in a clash with automatic weapons. I die too fast even picking me as a pervert bunny!

I'll see if this will change after training with these tips.
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 13, 02:41AM)1Cap Wrote: I die too fast even picking me as a pervert bunny!

lol wut, there are kids here dude.
Thanks given by:
Lol. Sry. Its not to bad in portuguese from Brasil.
Thanks given by: