[Map] Sewers
Hello I am SirMustachio. This is my first map and I hope you like it, I put alot of work into it and yeah
ENJOY
DOWNLOAD

[Image: erSKcLr.jpg]
[Image: c6mcXKb.jpg]
[Image: jWpHNAt.jpg]
[Image: 2hfgNYB.jpg]
[Image: sWwmjBA.jpg]
[Image: qYjtHQN.jpg]
Thanks given by:
for a first map, this is really good. i would suggest making your doorways a bit wider and not using the default "newmap" textures for one of your walls. i suck ass at giving advice on maps so if anyone else posts here, they'll prolly offer some better stuff.

how to add screenshots (because trust me, dude, i think im the only one who's going to download this because there's no screenshots):
1. find a part of your map that would look good in a screenshot
2. type /cleanshot to take a pic without all the random ammo icons and shit on the side
3. find these screenies in your screenshot folder in AC.
4. go to imgur.com
5. upload the screenshots (click upload, find the files in your computer, etc. etc.)
6. once uploaded, copy the "direct link of each"
7. to post a screenshot on this forum, use the following format:
[img]"place direct image link here [/img]
8. ???
9. profit

hope this helped
Thanks given by:
And you are GEMA mapper and have an ugly avatar. Okay anyway, you could upload it on http://ac-akimbo.net/ :)
Thanks given by:
(06 Dec 13, 09:06AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: Haha ! He is newbie ! He dont even have avatar !

Useless post is useless... Seriously if you don't have anything constructive to say, don't even bother saying it.

Anyways... I reviewed the map, and I really like it. :) My only problem is I feel the map is rather too small/crowded for ctf flag spawns. But that's just me.

Keep mapping! :D
Thanks given by:

Map looks like it could be fun:D
Although i dislike the default ac textures,
because only the best mappers can make a decent looking map with those.
(check the default map cfg for extra textures)
Thanks given by:
(06 Dec 13, 09:06AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: Haha ! He is newbie ! He dont even have avatar !
yes he should be exiled from this grand community for his lack of avatar
we should make it so none of those dirty avatar-less players can become mods or devs, and we should take away their ability to make threads, and only let them post in their own "avatar-less thread" in the offtopic category

Anyway, a decent attempt at a first map. Like what's already been said, it seems a bit crowded. You used a lot of mapmodels, probably too much. It seems like they're not really adding anything to the map, and you're just putting them there because they're mapmodels. Especially the large amount of bullets just lying around for no particular reason. The doorways are also a bit small. It's not too much of a problem but it just looks a bit weird. Also, platform mapmodels look a bit weird when they overlap with the ground. Another thing to look at are walls thinner than 2 cubes, sometimes bullets can lag through them.
The flags also seem a bit too close together, as in it barely takes any time at all to get from one to the other. In the future I'd also completely plclip the sections of the map that players aren't allowed in. I noticed one right next to the RVSF base, so if there's a player in the spot where another respawning player is supposed to spawn, they might be pushed into that area and there's not very many places they can go from there.
I'm not a very good mapper but I hope this can help.
Thanks given by:
(06 Dec 13, 07:22AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: for a first map, this is really good. i would suggest making your doorways a bit wider and not using the default "newmap" textures for one of your walls. i suck ass at giving advice on maps so if anyone else posts here, they'll prolly offer some better stuff.

how to add screenshots (because trust me, dude, i think im the only one who's going to download this because there's no screenshots):
1. find a part of your map that would look good in a screenshot
2. type /cleanshot to take a pic without all the random ammo icons and shit on the side
3. find these screenies in your screenshot folder in AC.
4. go to imgur.com
5. upload the screenshots (click upload, find the files in your computer, etc. etc.)
6. once uploaded, copy the "direct link of each"
7. to post a screenshot on this forum, use the following format:
[img]"place direct image link here [/img]
8. ???
9. profit

hope this helped

Thanks for the help and support, now this post will have pictures

(06 Dec 13, 03:21PM)Orynge Wrote:
yes he should be exiled from this grand community for his lack of avatar
we should make it so none of those dirty avatar-less players can become mods or devs, and we should take away their ability to make threads, and only let them post in their own "avatar-less thread" in the offtopic category

Anyway, a decent attempt at a first map. Like what's already been said, it seems a bit crowded. You used a lot of mapmodels, probably too much. It seems like they're not really adding anything to the map, and you're just putting them there because they're mapmodels. Especially the large amount of bullets just lying around for no particular reason. The doorways are also a bit small. It's not too much of a problem but it just looks a bit weird. Also, platform mapmodels look a bit weird when they overlap with the ground. Another thing to look at are walls thinner than 2 cubes, sometimes bullets can lag through them.
The flags also seem a bit too close together, as in it barely takes any time at all to get from one to the other. In the future I'd also completely plclip the sections of the map that players aren't allowed in. I noticed one right next to the RVSF base, so if there's a player in the spot where another respawning player is supposed to spawn, they might be pushed into that area and there's not very many places they can go from there.
I'm not a very good mapper but I hope this can help.

Thanks for the advice, next map wont be as crowded and will have proper map model use. also this map (sewers) wasn't really planned planed out it was just me going "oh that looks nice" any way thanks for the support, also Ill get a profile picture soon

(06 Dec 13, 02:27PM)|HP| Wrote:

Map looks like it could be fun:D
Although i dislike the default ac textures,
because only the best mappers can make a decent looking map with those.
(check the default map cfg for extra textures)

Ill try the different textures later, I would really like to add it to the map im making right now but i already textured everything and its in the final stages of .. um mapping.
thanks for the feedback

(06 Dec 13, 02:11PM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote:

Useless post is useless... Seriously if you don't have anything constructive to say, don't even bother saying it.

Anyways... I reviewed the map, and I really like it. :) My only problem is I feel the map is rather too small/crowded for ctf flag spawns. But that's just me.

Keep mapping! :D

Thanks for the feedback ill make the next map bigger.
Thanks given by:
You should post it here : http://ac-akimbo.net
Thanks given by:
hey, to be your first map is pretty good. I like it, but I think you have to work on the texture a little more.

about the packaging:
you need to place your cgz file on

packages/maps/yourmap.cgz and then compress it on a zip file.

also, you could upload on ac-akimbo.net

happy mapping!
Thanks given by: