Poll: Do you want map sniper@camper and tall map ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I rearly need it.
12.24%
6 12.24%
No. Normal map is okay !
87.76%
43 87.76%
Total 49 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Some awesome maps now cant playabe
Yups! Why we cant vote something like sniper@camper ? or mega@tower ? or Twin@Tower ? That is bad! We need those awesome map.
And the proplem is some kind of ... map too hight... right ?
Thanks given by:
I have come to learn that any map with the @ symbol in it is a waste of my time. haha
Thanks given by:
No, they are abominations that shouldn't exist
Thanks given by:
But those map with @ is many player play ! The room always full !
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 13, 10:53AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: But those map with @ is many player play ! The room always full !

Are you referring to that one map where you spawn in a miniroom with rainbowcolors?
Thanks given by:
You suck, those @camper/@sniper maps are awesome. The perfect place between EzJemShits and official maps. That room where you can relax between a match and another.

Infidels.
Thanks given by:
I saw both "camper" and "TwinTowers-_Original" maps in ac 1.2.
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 13, 10:42AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: No, they are abominations that shouldn't exist
Ditto!

Let's face it people, from the early days all devs involved have spent a huge amount of time (and some dosh too) in order to create a game with a specific feel and spirit.

They have made one small mistake... A way too simplistic map editor allowing people noobs with absolutely no artistic values nor even the slightest common sense at all to create such hideous maps (why do we call them maps anyway?).

Do you really think we will ever promote such thing? We want people to download the game and play the real stuff! How hard is that to understand?
Thanks given by:
lol @ your poll

"rearly need it"
Thanks given by:
'rearly'. You rarely need it? Lol! :D

Btw all maps with @ in them tend to suck. @camper, twintowers, all of those types of maps are like the plague of assaultcube. Make something better and stop wasting your time with those shitty maps.
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 13, 01:39PM)Cleaner Wrote:
(29 Nov 13, 10:42AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: No, they are abominations that shouldn't exist
Do you really think we will ever promote such thing? We want people to download the game and play the real stuff! How hard is that to understand?

Then buy a 'real game' like CoD or Battlefield. AC is also supposed to promote creativity, and although these maps totally lack it, why on Earth shouldn't people be free to play them?
You want to play them? Play them! You don't want to? Just don't, what's so hard to understand.
Thanks given by:
@_@"'!
Thanks given by:
It's amazing to play in a variety of maps.
Beauty is relative.
The textures are already creating the game environment.
It's great fun playing these weird maps!
Of course it can not be official ... But banning it is a huge mistake.

* ps ... Meet and unveil a new map, is a feeling of great pleasure ...
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 13, 04:16PM)1Cap Wrote: omg i love @camper maps

i really hope you're being sarcastic because i really can't tell half the time lol

(29 Nov 13, 09:10AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: Yups! Why we cant vote something like sniper@camper ? or mega@tower ? or Twin@Tower ?
Because Jesus Christ has answered my prayers.
(29 Nov 13, 09:10AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: That is bad!
No. No, this is good.
(29 Nov 13, 09:10AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: We need those awesome map.
Like hell we do. I would rather be stuck in hell playing the RVSF side of ac_arid with satan poking my asshole.
(29 Nov 13, 09:10AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: And the proplem is some kind of ... map too hight... right ?
Exactly why these maps shouldn't be allowed. The people who create and support them have a lesser intellect.
Thanks given by:
If people insta - left because they have fallen on those "noob" maps, well I think we don't really need those people who don't even look at some screenshots or videos before downloading, installing and playing the game.

Like Andrez said, if you don't like the map, don't play it (and ignore the server?) I guess people playing it are enjoying it and have an enough powerfull computer, if not, they would not be on this server, and the server would not be full.

Plus, by banning those maps with some restrictions, you are banning more decent maps that brough so many fun in the past, I'm thinking about the Hanze server, and I know i'm not the only one here who started playing AC "because" of Hanze's servers.

RIP:
SWAT silent day
SWAT silent kill
Ezjemvill
Rabins oasis
Wintertown
Oldvillage
Longhorn
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 13, 07:30PM)ExodusS Wrote: If people insta - left because they have fallen on those "noob" maps, well I think we don't really need those people who don't even look at some screenshots or videos before downloading, installing and playing the game.

Like Andrez said, if you don't like the map, don't play it (and ignore the server?) I guess people playing it are enjoying it and have an enough powerfull computer, if not, they would not be on this server, and the server would not be full.

Plus, by banning those maps with some restrictions, you are banning more decent maps that brough so many fun in the past, I'm thinking about the Hanze server, and I know i'm not the only one here who started playing AC "because" of Hanze's servers.

RIP:
SWAT silent day
SWAT silent kill
Ezjemvill
Rabins oasis
Wintertown
Oldvillage
Longhorn

count me in!.. i started to playing hanze servers xD -Spank me Duh ,jomatix, CabongPT, Pwnage, ORGI and many more xD
Me too started playing on crap maps and learned alot in mapping and having blast in AC.. No with restriction it "Kind of sucks" ! ( my opinion )
-Glory days may never come again! .. Only worse!
Thanks given by:
I started playing on hanze, but those maps had real value to them imo. Not a long corridor with floating objects, where the opposite side is glitched out due to the engine not rendering it properly.
Thanks given by:
@camper maps are the most ridiculous and shittiest maps I've ever seen (and I've seen ac_douze, ac_aqueous, etc, etc.), yes, yet those are the maps I enjoy the most from time to time.

Some people likes what other people do not. Trying to change people's mapping likings is absurd and that's what you are trying to do with the mapping restrictions.

What's the difference between ac_douze and @camper maps? Both are crap but one meets mapping restrictions and the other don not, that's all, even so they get played alot and sometimes there are up to 5+ full servers playing douze.

Also, I've seen @camper maps recently in 1.2 with lots of people in them.
Thanks given by:
the difference ? i get 25 fps on @camper maps.
they don't fit with AC standards. and when every server is running such a shity map, players with poor PCs can't play anywhere.

also, it was discussed too many times already.
/closing thread

by the way, wolf has never tried to make decent maps that fit the restrictions. it must be his 6th thread or something like that asking help to "hack" the restrictions.
i give up with him.
and i think he should give up mapping.
Thanks given by: