John Carmack leaves id software
IGN article
Quote:John Carmack, the programmer responsible for Doom, Quake, and more, has left id Software completely.

“John Carmack, who has become interested in focusing on things other than game development at id, has resigned from the studio," id's studio director Tim Willits told IGN. "John’s work on id Tech 5 and the technology for the current development work at id is complete, and his departure will not affect any current projects. We are fortunate to have a brilliant group of programmers at id who worked with John and will carry on id’s tradition of making great games with cutting-edge technology. As colleagues of John for many years, we wish him well.”

Carmack, a co-founder of id, recently joined Oculus as CTO, but remained at id Software in some capacity. "Happy to say [John Carmack] is not leaving id & will continue to provide leadership for our games in development," id publisher Bethesda stated at the time.

Oculus recently revealed it was close to solving the motion sickness problem with its Rift device, which will achieve 4K resolution sooner than expected. Earlier this year, id president Todd Hollenshead departed id as well.

Oculus was unavailable for comment.
[Image: If4CHBs.png]
R.I.P. Quake. I hope he teams up with 2GD and helps him at developing Reborn.
Thanks given by:
quake RIP
Thanks given by:
Rumors say he is going to work on AssaultCube.
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 13, 03:58AM)TheNihilanth Wrote: Rumors say he is going to work on AssaultCube.

These rumors are truth.
Thanks given by:
Yes. Confirmed.
Thanks given by:
Ronald_Reagan is John Carmack
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 13, 11:57AM)Orynge Wrote: Ronald_Reagan is John Carmack
Thanks given by:
I love Doom. aahh many lost summers :')
Thanks given by: