Poll: Do you think v1.2 server system is better than v1.1?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, the new version is better
0.03%
3 0.03%
No, the old version was better
0.03%
3 0.03%
It's exactly the same system, nubcake
99.93%
9009 99.93%
Total 9015 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Unable to read maprot.cfg error
When I run Server.exe, I get the error:
"could not read config file 'config\maprot.cfg'
ERROR: AssaultCube fatal error: maprot unavailable"

This file exists and seems to be is perfect order.

Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks!
Thanks given by:
I didn't have this error on a 32-bit VPS, but I did on my 64-bit VPS (both running Ubuntu 12.04). Are you also running 64-bit?
Thanks given by:
He's on windows, Vanquish.
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 13, 01:54AM)PhaNtom Wrote: He's on windows, Vanquish.

missed the part about the "server.exe", my bad, ignore my post :D
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 13, 01:56AM)Vanquish Wrote:
(22 Nov 13, 01:54AM)PhaNtom Wrote: He's on windows, Vanquish.

missed the part about the "server.exe", my bad, ignore my post :D

Sorry, I should have specified. Thank you for posting, anyway. PhaNtom is right, I'm using Windows XP Pro SP3.
Thanks given by:
cacls "C:\Program Files\AssaultCube_v1.2.0.2\config" /T /E %USERNAME%:F

Paste this into elevated command prompt (Start > 'cmd' in search bar > wait for Command Prompt to appear above, then right-click it and Run as Administrator). You may need to edit that file path to point to the correct "config" directory where maprot.cfg is stored. After you run that command make sure it says it processed maprot.cfg, then see if the server works.

Also, check the CUBE_DIR in the .bat file that you use to launch the server and make sure it points correctly to the location where these config files are being stored.
Thanks given by:
Vanquish, I'm using Ubuntu x64 with no probs :)
Thanks given by:
Thanks, Jack, but the first part has me a little confused. I have no problem with using CMD, but I don't quite understand what you want.

As far as the second part goes, I have not batch file to run. As I understand it, the new version does not use a batch file to start the server. I used the config/servercmdline.txt to setup the server, and run server.exe using Windows Explorer.
Is there a better way?
Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Not sure as I don't run servers under Windows. Are you certain there's no server.bat anywhere? It's what tells the server binary where to find the config files, and the Linux servers still use similar shell scripts to launch.

I just noticed you said you're on XP, so ignore all that about how to open the command prompt; just open it and paste that cacls command in.
Thanks given by:
Ok, the old AC version did use a batch file. This new version doesn't include one, nor the batchfile which should help you create your own.
I only have two batch files. The first, assaultcube.bat, is used to start the game. The second, win32_cuberef2cubescript.bat, is of unknown function to me. It contains the following code:

rem Automatically allows MS Windows to transform ../reference.xml into ../../config/docs.cfg
rem This requires MSXSL, available at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=21714

msxsl.exe -o ..\..\config\docs.cfg -v ..\reference.xml cuberef2cubescript.xslt

I don't completely understand the function, as it uses commands unknown to me. Do you know anything about it?

Thanks again for your help!
Thanks given by:
1.2.0.2 should be using server.bat. Mine is. If yours is missing, just copy it from 1.1; it's the same file.
edit: I updated your poll
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 13, 09:53AM)jamz Wrote: 1.2.0.2 should be using server.bat. Mine is. If yours is missing, just copy it from 1.1; it's the same file.
edit: I updated your poll

<3

Yes, you should be running server.bat.
https://sourceforge.net/p/actiongame/cod...server.bat
See? It exists.

Its a current working directory sort of issue. If you don't want to use server.bat, execute the .exe from the folder the server.bat lives in (one folder up from the .exe).
Thanks given by:
[Image: DCEgaRu.png]

???
Thanks given by:
Its over 9000.

Tends to happen whenever jamz sees a stupid poll.
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 13, 06:31PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Its over 9000.

Tends to happen whenever jamz sees a stupid poll.

We need more stupid poles then :D
Thanks given by:
Okay, thank you, jamZ and Ronald_Reagan.
Although, I'm not crazy about jamZ, shall I say, tampering, with the poll. I'm sure there are not 9005 votes on your option, just one. The three on the no are real, as well.
Thanks given by:
actually there are 6 real votes on the third option. (so far). so it's the most voted answer
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 13, 07:05PM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote: poles
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4240.html
Thanks given by: