meh, binds not working anymo
I had my binds working find in 1.1, can't get them working right in 1.2
I have always had my two extra buttons, one switches to knife and toggles to primary, the other drops flag. idk wth happened, did binding change in this version or am i borking it?
Thanks given by:
Borking it is the most likely. There could be hundreds of reasons this is happening. Check your saved.cfg to ensure nothing is interfering, if you haven't write the binds in your autoexec.cfg to force them into the game, try to reset your binds in-game (/resetbinds) and manually enter the binds to see if this is a game file problem (only do this if you already have your commands and binds saved in your autoexec.cfg, otherwise it will delete all your binds...). If these don't work I'd delete the game and do a fresh reinstall and manually put in your original game files to ensure nothing goes wrong.
Thanks given by:
nope. binds simply won't work. I think that lubuntu suddenly has issues recognizing my extra buttons on my mouse.shit! this sux!

k, thats not it. lubuntu still recognizes my extra buttons, I have done a complete reinstall of lubuntu, so I have no idea what to do now :(
Thanks given by:
Try /keymap
look in docs/cubescript/keymap how to use it.
Thanks given by:
omfg... i am already ready to give up. Explain to me how to bind my knife to MOUSE6 like I'm a total retard. maybe I am
Thanks given by:
Try:

[cubescript]bind MOUSE6 knftoggle[/cubescript]

or simply:

[cubescript]bind MOUSE6 melee[/cubescript]
Thanks given by:
Yep, tried those, no luck. I'm going back to puppy linux and if that doesn't work I'm buying a new computer today. Everything works fine on windows dammit
Thanks given by:
/resetbinds or delete/rename your saved.cfg file, then bind your keys in game. . you could find it on /user/.assaultcube_v1.2/config/saved.cfg
Thanks given by:
Nothing works. Went back to puppy, still same issue. This is obviously a linux issue. Gonna get a new computer this week. Tired of not being able to use setpoint anyway.
Thanks given by: