Netbook that can run AC?
Hey there,

I'm interested in picking up a small laptop that can run AC very well.

Any recommendations? I'm looking for something dirt cheap.
Thanks given by:
Found some cheap dirt, as asked: http://www.dirtcheap.ca/shopping/default...3C1D578455
Thanks given by:
too expensive
Thanks given by:
I've got a Samsung N120. Don't expect it to run like a laptop/pc, but it works.
Thanks given by:
Netbooks suck. You can get a cheap laptop for $300 now days. Also, don't expect a Chromebook to run AC because it doesn't.
Thanks given by:
Guess I'll switch it up then; cheapest laptop that could run AC extremely well?
Thanks given by:
why dont you spend $800 on a decent laptop or desktop and get near on 1000 fps
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 13, 02:40PM)CaptainAhab Wrote: Guess I'll switch it up then; cheapest laptop that could run AC extremely well?

can you define "extremely well"?
FTR the majority of laptops available now should give you at least a stable 125fps in AC (even ones with integrated graphics). if you want 1000fps you'll probably end up needing to spend $900 USD or more (but nobody needs 1000 in AC, it's just a myth).
Thanks given by:
Also, what settings do you use? If you're okay with 'low', then basically any $300 laptop will do that 75+ fps.
Thanks given by:
Well, I will be upgrading to a Macbook Pro 15" over the holidays (the higher-end one with the great graphics card), but I am not as of this moment planning on bootcamping, unless the Windows 7 disc that I purchased brand-new a few years ago can be reinstalled on a new machine.

It could just be my dated computer crapping out on me (currently using a 6-year old Macbook Pro), but I turned all graphics settings down to the minimum while playing windowed on OS X (it's the only way AC runs on Mac OS X for this version), and my fps was flying all over the place, usually hovering around 24-45 frames per second. I used to be able to play full screen with a constant 75 FPS.

I have seen people with very cheap, small netbooks, and I figured they could run AC just fine. If I found one for a great, dirt cheap price, it might be worth it to pick up for playing AC, taking around campus, etc.
Thanks given by:
You can run AC on a Chromeboo if you install a Linux Distro on it :P

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-install-lin...-509039343
Thanks given by:
Of course.
Thanks given by: