Visualization of AssaultCube Development
I recently made a video (using gource) visualizing the development process of AC. You can see developers add, delete, and modify the various files that make up AC. In the beginning you can see driAn mostly flying around the source while makkE focuses on media files. Later on in the video you can see the storm of coding that is tempest and Lucas, tempest fades away while Lucas continues to work hard at it. This video takes us up to the release of 1.2.0.0, and just before the release of 1.2.0.1. Important community events (ACWC) and important releases are announced at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks given by:
Absolutely loved that piece of music. Those polyrhythms...damn. Can you suggest similar jazz artists/bands?
Thanks given by:
Epic. Good job RR, great amount of work. Thanks for the video. :)
Thanks given by:
this is easily one of the coolest things I have seen lately

10/10 choice of music
(06 Nov 13, 05:02PM)pweaks Wrote: Can you suggest similar jazz artists/bands?
Thanks given by:
that was avishai cohen, a great israeli bassist. He's got a few records out that are fantastic. For similar "math" jazz, check out nik bartsch's ronin. It's described as "zen funk" but is equally intricate.
Thanks given by:
This is great when you are high, music fits nicely :)

Guess this sortof helps understanding the devs' work
Thanks given by:
Pretty cool video Reagan. :) Love the music choice btw.
Thanks given by:
lol, that is awsome
Thanks given by:
The music is awesome! The video is great 10/10
Thanks given by:
that was awesome to watch
Thanks given by:
Thanks all :)

Yeah, the music is Avashi Cohen, the whole album is just as good. All the main instrumentalists get their own solos, all of which are good. I'd suggest listening through that album first. Then you can go with what Waffles suggested. In terms of jazz, I'm not really the fella to get in depth recommendations from. I spend a lot of my time listening to orchestral music, as well as more rock/whatever vein of music. I tend to stray to more Balkan/Eastern European music. Another kind of unique-feel (that Waffles may not know of) jazzy group is a group called Tin Hat Trio.

Some good representations of their music are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4xc9ev93ZU (Don't actually know the song very well, not on an album that I have)
http://youtu.be/XN6LUi2w70c
http://youtu.be/zyI3ueHKhoc
http://youtu.be/PoyXwAzZaP4
Thanks given by:
<3 Gource
Thanks given by:
Very cool to watch, and I <3 the originality. I actually learned somethings as well.
Thanks given by:
Great piece of work you've achieved there mate and indeed the music is excellent, fitting the video perfectly...
Watched it while having my coffee this morning, the best breakfast I had in ages.

The one thing I may have to say is that although it is accurate in terms of impacts made by the devs it unfortunately doesn't show all the bits and pieces provided here and there by members of the AC Community.
Since they aren't allowed to touch anything at that level they thus transmit to a dev who then commits whatever given material.

Anyway, thanks to credits and readme files because would you have it made that way you'd have only seen dozens (if not hundreds) of nicknames flying around all over the place covering the entire screen and as music put "Ride of the Valkyries" instead. XD
Thanks given by:
wtf is this magic. interesting how you can see bots are arguably the thing the devs consume most of their time on and we're still yet to perfect the code
Thanks given by:
holy crap driAn
Thanks given by:
I loved watching this, cause it looked like a fight scene between code vs media, so at first (since makkE taught me a lot, so I do look up to him + I work on media), I was like "YEAH, GO makkE! BEAT driAn's ASS!"

... then, driAn brings eihrul into the fight and makkE is K.O. and I'm like "aww :("

.... then, makkE comes back and Toca and I join him and we're not as strong as the code team, but we hold our ground.

... but then, things started looking less like a fight and more like a collaboration :) and I was like "Awwww :)"
Thanks given by:
It's like watching a creature growing up from the simplest form of amino acid to a complex, self-sufficient form of life.
I loved this, 10+.
Thanks given by:
this is really cool

i think some other community history would be cool, but the ACWC is good enough

really cool to see!
Thanks given by:
(08 Nov 13, 01:04AM)Cemer Wrote: this is really cool

i think some other community history would be cool, but the ACWC is good enough

really cool to see!

Couldn't quite think of non-biased community events. Don't want to go around mention every clan that starts up and whatnot. I might consider one with a more in-depth event timeline.
Thanks given by:
i am familiar with the tin hat trio, albeit not as much as I'd like
Thanks given by: