The America's Cup
http://www.youtube.com/user/AmericasCup

So, America, how does it feel to be 2 races in and 4 points behind?
Thanks given by:
EMIRATES TEAM NZ FTW.
Thanks given by:
What is it, a sailing race?
Thanks given by:
Not just any sailing race. It is 'THE' sailing race.

... and you call yourself an American!
Thanks given by:
I dont even.... People enjoy watching this?
Thanks given by:
Isn't the Volvo Ocean race bigger than the America's? Not too much into sailing, but heard someone say the America's lost some status a few years back because of some incident or smt.
Thanks given by:
Drugs are bad for you.
Thanks given by:
......:biggrin:
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 13, 01:37AM)mpx Wrote: mpx's post

(08 Sep 13, 01:37AM)mpx Wrote: wat
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 13, 12:51AM)C4rma Wrote: Isn't the Volvo Ocean race bigger than the America's? Not too much into sailing, but heard someone say the America's lost some status a few years back because of some incident or smt.

The incident, I believe was 1995, when New Zealand won it for the first time.

That upset a lot of people.
Thanks given by:
AMERICA IS TOO BUSY TO PREPARE AN INVASION IN SYRIA, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?

And Kiwi, it's quite funny the way everything you post contains or starts with 'NZ...'

Fuck, there's a world out there, your island is a dot in the endless.

PS: how can even this be enjoyed? ffs.
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 13, 03:29AM)Andrez Wrote: AMERICA IS TOO BUSY TO PREPARE AN INVASION IN SYRIA, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?

And Kiwi, it's quite funny the way everything you post contains or starts with 'NZ...'

Fuck, there's a world out there, your island is a dot in the endless.

PS: how can even this be enjoyed? ffs.

Sorry for living in paradise, and being proud of where I live :P
Thanks given by:
Sydney to Hobart FTW.
Thanks given by:
Make a New Zealand thread with more paradise pics. :D
Thanks given by:
Should point out, the America's cup is a massive cultural sport to New Zealand, this is why.

We won it, from Stars & Stripes (USA), in 1995. Score? 5-0!

We kept it against Luna Rossa (Italy), in 2000. Score? 5-0!

We lost it against Alinghi (Swiss) in 2003. Score? 5-0. But, Switzerland is land-locked (no ocean/sea), where would they find sailors? They took ours! So, in a way, we lost to ourselves :-/

In 2007, we lost against Alinghi, but we're poised to win it this year! Watch out!

... and if you need any evidence of it being a massive cultural sport to NZ, they're partially funded by the tax payer: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sport...sh-for-Cup

(08 Sep 13, 11:30AM)Nightmare Wrote: Make a New Zealand thread with more paradise pics. :D

Cbf'd.
Thanks given by:
Thought kiwi-throwing was NZ's national sport
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 13, 09:16PM)Marti Wrote: Thought kiwi-throwing was NZ's national sport

+1
Thanks given by:
RandumKiwi have you ever tried kiwi glazed kiwi?
Thanks given by:
1995, 2000, 2003, 2007 WTF?!

Is it every 5 years, then 3, then 4 I don't get it....
Thanks given by:
So this is the other thing besides rugby that Kiwis excel at?
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 13, 09:48PM)Nightmare Wrote:
(08 Sep 13, 09:16PM)Marti Wrote: Thought kiwi-throwing was NZ's national sport

+1

No, quite clearly it's American tossing, however we may have to stop, as too many American's are being butt-hurt.

NZ won a race yesterday, so Oracle USA threw a tantrum and decided to postpone the second race (they're allowed to postpone, for any reason, but only once - the rules allow it, the rule exists in-case of equipment failure, etc).

Bad sportsmanship, I say... I reckon if they're this desperate, they're going to lose. Score is currently 4 to team NZ, Oracle USA on -1.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/americas-cup/n...d=11122974

(09 Sep 13, 10:34PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: So this is the other thing besides rugby that Kiwis excel at?

We're also famous for our cricket, horse racing, netball, rowing, golf, motor rallying, V8 supercars, shotput :P

(09 Sep 13, 05:18PM)ElCrema Wrote: 1995, 2000, 2003, 2007 WTF?!

Is it every 5 years, then 3, then 4 I don't get it....

It's every 3 years, just like any sport, there can be delays for certain reasons.

If I were to guess, the delay in 1995, was probably because someone vandalised the cup... and 2007, due to seasonal changes (don't want to race in winter...), country to country. Again, guessing.

(08 Sep 13, 10:11PM)C4rma Wrote: RandumKiwi have you ever tried kiwi glazed kiwi?

No, Kiwi's are an endangered bird species, I wouldn't eat one.... we must repopulate them, then we can eat them.
Thanks given by:
While the forums were down, USA pulled off a huge comeback to win this thing.
http://espn.go.com/olympics/sailing/stor...ck-victory
Thanks given by:
Awkward that Team USA is majority of Aussies.. TEAM AUS WINS!
Thanks given by:
(26 Sep 13, 07:49AM)Shorty Wrote: Awkward that Team USA is majority of Aussies.. TEAM AUS WINS!

More akward that they're lead by a Kiwi. Fuck this shit.
Thanks given by:
But, hey, USA!
Thanks given by:
(26 Sep 13, 09:15PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: But, hey, USA!

Cheated, played dirty, had only 1 American on the boat (they had 2, but they decided to fire one), ensured rules that cancelled 2 races after they had started due to high winds (when we were winning), ensured a rule that cancelled a race, while we were winning by a massive margin - just because it took longer than 40 minutes...

Should I continue? Or, just post this:

[Image: 270913NZHREtoon%20copy.gif]

Wish we won it, just so we could ensure shennanigans didn't happen in the next regatta.
Thanks given by:
[Image: american-pride-eagle.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You mean...
[Image: shutterstock_dollar_sign.jpg]

I'm glad to hear this:
Dean Barker, skipper for Team NZ Wrote:My heart and my soul is with Team New Zealand. If the team does continue, and there is a position for me in the team, then I would love to be part of it. But I know there is a lot that has to happen before that can happen.

He won't go to some other team, if there's another regatta. He's NZ through-and-through... like most of the other sailors on our boat.
Thanks given by: