Weapon balance and player size
There is a group of people in this community (myself included) that believe a weapon balance will never be achieved.

But instead of fooling with weapon specs, why don't we just make the player smaller? Or the hitbox rather. Keep the head hitbox the same size but thin the body hitbox.

As a result, it will be harder for snipers to snipe but also just as hard for AR and smg users. Players will no longer be able to spray bullets or just aim in "the general direction" of the enemy. A smaller hitbox would require a more precise hit. As a result it would take a longer time on average for smg and ar players to make a kill.

Just an idea. Discuss....
Thanks given by:
I think the hitboxes are accurate since 1.04
Thanks given by:
Time to kill is already high enough as is. A weapon balance can be achieved. By saying "it cant," you've already disregarded the clearest solution to the problem. Should the hitbox be changed? Maybe. But not for this 'logical' reason
Thanks given by:
Creating the ultimate perfect weapons balance is as easy than for a big fat bird and a midget to copulate.

I don't know on what version of the game your appreciations on the subject are based on but tbh when playing SVN my feelings are that it's pretty fine tuned like that and that if you make it even more complicated to gun down opponents then you'll take all the fun out of the game.

After all killing enemies is what the game is all about isn't?

As for spray hits it's a very good defence solution with a bit of luck behind it, imo just leave it as it is.
Thanks given by:
you all bring up good points. perhaps the weapon balance is not impossible to fix but i just think it is very hard. out of the blue idea to make it easier...
Thanks given by:
I've brought it up before but I don't remember if anyone acknowledged draw/put away time on weapons (since you can draw and aim a sniper in the same speed as an smg)

Movement speed (mobility) differences for different primaries would also be something to discuss but I'm guessing everyone prefers to balance weapons with only dmg/spd rather than the full spectrum of attributes of these real weapons.
Thanks given by:
Indeed Felix, just like switching back and forth from sniper to pistol in less than a second is unreal and could be reviewed.
Thanks given by:
i will challenge someone right now to name a game with PERFECT weapon balance.
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't that make it easier for a flag carrier to rifle sprint away?
Thanks given by:
playermodel's mdlscale 9000
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 13, 01:03AM)Boomhauer Wrote: I think the hitboxes are accurate since 1.04

I am fairly sure that hitbox size hasn't been changed, even before 1.0.4
Thanks given by:
I have enough trouble killing people in this game already.
Thanks given by:
The hitboxes could use a rework, but maybe not by size but shape. Having a more accurate hitbox mesh to actually 'hug' the playermodel would be choice, or at least have the box be more accurate to the model. I know nothing of code and rendering so i dont know how difficult this would be, but this implementation could help the gameplay monumentally
Thanks given by:
Is this MerCyKiL guy stupid or something? <3

Just nerf the AR pls.
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 13, 08:03PM)gambino Wrote: Just nerf the AR pls.

It got buffed in SVN actually.
Thanks given by:
1. Hitbox changed since the 1.1, it's more slim now
2. AR got nerfed a bit in almost all stats in the SVN
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 13, 08:03PM)gambino Wrote: Is this MerCyKiL guy stupid or something? <3

Just nerf the AR pls.

ill fite you

(22 Aug 13, 08:10PM)Nightmare Wrote: It got buffed in SVN actually.

this is completely false.

(22 Aug 13, 08:22PM)ExodusS Wrote: 1. Hitbox changed since the 1.1, it's more slim now

this is perhaps solid proof that discredits my theory of "slimming down hitboxes balances weapons"
Thanks given by:
Make hitbox bigger please, i sometimes have trouble to aim
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 13, 11:34PM)Marti Wrote: Make hitbox bigger please, i sometimes have trouble to aim

Shall we also make a secondary headshot box right in the nuts section (or ovaries if you're a female)?

(23 Aug 13, 05:00AM)MerCyKiL Wrote:
(22 Aug 13, 08:10PM)Nightmare Wrote: It got buffed in SVN actually.

this is completely false.

Do explain how this is false. I've found the ar to be more balanced/buffed in SVN
Thanks given by:
Change hitbox = Change gameplay!
We don't need perfect playermodel...
...As long as it respect the playermodel dimension (width/height).
Anyway, we need above all to focus in weapon balance.
Thanks given by: