it's probably in the docs but...
I'm useless at finding the docs, never mind things in the docs.
I have two small issues. Firstly why is it sometimes when I select to make an arch absolutely nothing happens except that it allows me to manually make the arch by looking up at it and holding down q and using the mousewheel?
And why is it that if I select the ceiling and press h I can't do the same thing, even though I get the same green grid on the ceiling?

The second is that when select an area of the ground beneath my manually made archway, and I hold down q and roll the mousewheel, it messes up with the ceiling of my archway at the same times. I wish I could post screenshots to illustrate, but when I took them they were not to be found in the specified location. I have for some reason assaultcube_v1.1 in my documents containing just the screenshots, packages and config folders and I also have assaultcube_v1.1.0.4 in program files (x86) (btw what does that mean? why do I have program files (x86) as well as just 'program files' on this laptop? On all others I just had program files) which contains packages config screenshots and the rest of the program files. In neither screenshot folder did the screenshots exist. Why do I even have these same named folders in different locations anyway?

If there's anything you didn't understand I'll elaborate.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks given by:
a) Arches don't work in multiplayer, maybe that's the issue? Also, H only adds a heightmap the the ground...use I if you want it on the ceiling.

b) You can't have a heightmap on the ground and ceiling at the same time, due to limitations in the Cube engine.
Thanks given by:
a) was in single player, it must be a common problem surely. something about my selection must not be allowed. maybe the way im facing or something.

b) oh is that what it is? I thought it was heightmapping them both at the same time and that was the problem? but if it can't be worked around because of the engine then that's how it'll have to be. thank you.
Thanks given by:
2) Yeah, Phantasy is right, you can't select both heightfields on top and bottom, that's because Cube is actually a 2D engine, and... Well it's a long story, but you can't, that's all.

1) I'm not sure what you meant here, but selecting a bunch of cubes, let's say 8x2, and Editing > Arches and slopes > one of the items, should do the trick...
Thanks given by:
I remember thinking it might be because it's too wide, so i tried a narrower one and that works sometimes. Also nothing happens when I want a corridor with an arched ceiling throughout. I don't know why, it's probably something I'm doing wrong but I haven't a clue what.
Thanks given by:
(08 Aug 13, 02:00AM)Hellspell Wrote: I remember thinking it might be because it's too wide, so i tried a narrower one and that works sometimes. Also nothing happens when I want a corridor with an arched ceiling throughout. I don't know why, it's probably something I'm doing wrong but I haven't a clue what.

I'm sure that's the culprit (in bold).

As for your second point, I believe PhaNtom is correct.
Thanks given by:
Rather than create a new thread, on a map I'm making theres a wall coming down from the ceiling which has the default texture. Whenever I change the texture to match the adjacent walls (Floor to ceiling walls) and then save the map, it reverts! It's like the walls just don't want to be that texture. Has anyone else encountered this and what's the fix?
I would take screenshots but as I mentioned in another thread for some bizarre reason the screenshots can not be wrote to packages/screenshots. Most likely I will edit a file to try and send them to my pictures (what file would that be?) and see if that works.
Thanks given by: