What other FPS games do you play?
I've recently played Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, Battlefield Heroes, Battlefield Play4Free, Battlefield 1943, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3.
Thanks given by:
There are other games?

This thread has been done before
Thanks given by:
So, what are you doing in Assault Cube forum? (hehe!, joke)
I've recently played "Starship Troopers", "Battlefield 1942", "Battlefield 2142", "Serious Sam (the first encounter)", "Serious Sam" (second contact)", "Nexuiz", "Open ARENA", "Quake ARENA", "Unreal Tournament 1/2", "Black Ops 1/2" and "Arctic Combat".
I will not quote all FPS Games tested...
EDIT: I forgot Warrock, Counter Strike 1.6 and Counter Strike Source.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jul 13, 05:06AM)Boomhauer Wrote: This thread has been done before

I thought that thread got necro-bumped when I saw the title of this thread.

Anyways, the only other FPS I've really gotten into is BF3.
Thanks given by:
The only other FPS I play is 'Borderlands'.

BTW If I hear anyone saying 'AssaultCube Reloaded' I'll shove this up his/her a**!

Thanks given by:
That grenade looks like a butt plug.
Thanks given by:
@Cleaner: I also play Borderlands 1 and 2, thou isn't (just)a fps, it's a mix between rpg and fps, what name do you use?
Thanks given by:
(28 Jul 13, 07:27AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: That grenade looks like a butt plug.

IT IS a b*** plug

@ hgf-arg my name is... Cleaner
Thanks given by:
HL 1+2, Borderlands 2, TF2, L4D2
Thanks given by:
cs.
Thanks given by:
Sauerbraten, QL, BF3, Crysis 2+3. Been meaning to try CF too but no idea if I'll like it.
Thanks given by:
Sauerbraten
Thanks given by:
Counter-Strike
Thanks given by:
CS, BF3, MW3 ...
Thanks given by:
CrossFire and CS:GO
Thanks given by:
nothing compares to AC though, if this game had sick graphics but same play style it would sell like hotcakes
Thanks given by:
(28 Jul 13, 01:56PM)Vermi Wrote: nothing compares to AC though, if this game had sick graphics but same play style it would sell like hotcakes

are you serious? i hope you're joking. no-one would pay for AC over CS:GO, CS:S, or 1.6
Thanks given by:
i would
Thanks given by:
(28 Jul 13, 02:05PM)Vermi Wrote: i would

why does this game have such a small community if the gameplay is so good?
Thanks given by:
Because the majority of people looking for first-person shooters are more concerned about graphics than gameplay. (for instance, the latest crysis game has an awful storyline and gameplay that gets stale very quickly, but it sells because the graphics are probably the best out there atm). The same can even be seen in other free FPS games like Sauerbraten that have better graphics. Other than having a bad computer, what reason would someone have to be drawn to a free lightweight FPS like AC?
Thanks given by:
because people judge it on graphics, idk if u ever saw the ss of ac running on the sauer engine but it looked sick
Thanks given by:
One solution (but twice as much work) would be to have the choice between 2 download options, the classic toaster low-res/low poly/low everything and a second one for decent machines with hi-res/hy-poly/high everything.
Thanks given by:
1) Team Fortress 2 is the only other FPS I play currently.
2) 'Graphics Whores' do take up a huge amount of FPS players. I couldn't get any of my friends to play AC because of how 'ugly' it is. I don't agree with that mindset obviously.
3) Cleaner, is your current skillset capable of making hi-res versions of everything in AC?
Thanks given by:
(28 Jul 13, 03:55PM)Nightmare Wrote: Cleaner, is your current skillset capable of making hi-res versions of everything in AC?
Would only take a year or maybe more, licensing would be problematic too.
Thanks given by:
when i play- TF2, L4D2, CS:GO and random other shit
Thanks given by:
I play AC mainly, but less lately because of iF haha.
Even though I have BF3 and CoD:BO2, TF3, Borderlands etc i prefer AC because i have been playing for ages and the quality surpasses other "shiny" games.

A smaller community is more fun than a billion 12 year olds yelling at you; imo.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 13, 05:59AM)DrauL Wrote: A smaller community is more fun than a billion 12 year olds yelling at you; imo.

I'm definitely not disputing that. I think it's pretty ridiculous to maintain AC has better, more balanced gameplay than many other FPS games on the freeware/commercial market. It's unique, yes, which limits the appeal of it to many people, and therefore means that the community will always be fairly small, however much the graphics improve, or the game is promoted.
Thanks given by:
Exactly Foo.
I like to know everyone :)
Thanks given by:
I used to play Warrock, then I cheated and stopped. :D
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 13, 05:59AM)DrauL Wrote: ...i prefer AC because i have been playing for ages and the quality surpasses other "shiny" games.

Wonder what ac would be like if it was made today :)
Thanks given by: