sick of public autoteam
every time you get a decent lead the whole paradigm of the game switches, what if the teams were balanced at intermission based on that games results?
Thanks given by:
Do people even session AC for more than a couple pub games? I know i don't. I'm not sure that would do any better. Maybe i'm wrong.
Thanks given by:
I feel your pain..
when that usually happens to me its "/me is not amused"
followed by eternal spamming of my KP4 key (/bind KP4 [changeteam])
Thanks given by:
Hate autoteam. :(
Ruins games.
Thanks given by:
I agree, also it would be nice if the server could use the information to make it faster when people tries to forceteam a player through voting (in case there's no admin around for team balance), like if there's 14 players on a server and a vote goes on and 5-6 people had F1'd, just allow him to be moved as he has the highest score (flag/kdr/score), i see this being exploded with a really crappy bunch of people on the server but making it less annoying than randomly moving players mid game.

The same information could be gathered and used on voting against tks/team bleeders but this could also punish innocent players, my idea would be showing that information on the same vote as evidence so people can't be fooled, i don't know how far the game can go to pull off any of this but anyways.

P.S.: shouldn't this be on General or Ideas thread?
Thanks given by:
Thank you Vermi. This issue I think is one that needs a LOT of attention, and surely would be putting off many potential players. Here is a post I made almost TWO years ago about this.

I would love it if someone could shed some light on this, perhaps there is a way to contact server owners to disable it, because at the moment it is absolutely game-ruining.

Honestly, pubs used to be such a great source of casual fun within AC.
Thanks given by:
Lets just stack the servers with the best on a team. That way these punk asses can grt better. Where the fuck is morgan
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 13, 03:09AM)Cactus Wrote: This issue I think is one that needs a LOT of attention, and surely would be putting off many potential players. Here is a post I made almost TWO years ago about this.
Yeah, old ideas must be deal with more seriousness to avoid new topic of the same subject (It's not the first time).
We have to check all ideas and make a compilation of request prior who should be treated, or simply waiting an answer from AC/Dev for each ideas to confirm it or not (YES/NO/MAYBE)...
It's just to fix this minor problems!
Thanks given by:
This thread seriously needs more attention.

Where would be the best place to post it? I can't recall if there is a development suggestions thread...
Thanks given by:
There is one, but it's 72 pages long and nobody wants to read all of it.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, that's why I figured that it should have it's own thread or something. I mean, this really needs to be addressed because at the moment it makes public games an absolute mess.
Thanks given by:
If you play to win, autoteam sucks, if you play for fun, autoteam doesn't matter.

Honestly, you're just pissed because you are losing, either because you were switched to the losing team, or because players with good scores got switched out of your team.

I don't see anyone complaining about being switched into the winning team.

IMO it's not about winning. It's about developing your skills so you can play good. If you approach the game with only winning in mind, what are you gonna do if you can't beat someone who's just better? Wallhack and aimbot just so you can win?
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 13, 08:15AM)RKTnoob Wrote: what are you gonna do if you can't beat someone who's just better?

You practise and make yourself an even better player.
Thanks given by:
Wise Words.
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 13, 08:15AM)RKTnoob Wrote: If you play to win, autoteam sucks, if you play for fun, autoteam doesn't matter.

Honestly, you're just pissed because you are losing, either because you were switched to the losing team, or because players with good scores got switched out of your team.

IMO it's not about winning. It's about developing your skills so you can play good. If you approach the game with only winning in mind, what are you gonna do if you can't beat someone who's just better? Wallhack and aimbot just so you can win?

You are missing the point here, it's not about whether you or me are on the same tune with how teams are sorted, is just about balance, that's the end of fixing autoteam which doesn't cut it at the moment.

Regarding the last paragraph, you can use the same argument for players in the winning side which doesn't want to go on the opposite team even though they could possibly give some help and even things out, they sure want to have fun.

PS: I couldn't care less if everybody plays to win, if anything makes game worth playing, however, that's not the issue.
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 13, 08:15AM)RKTnoob Wrote: If you play to win, autoteam sucks, if you play for fun, autoteam doesn't matter.

I've beaten players using wallhack and aimbot, your arguement is invalid. How do you propose players develop their skills when every time a bad auto team occurs half the players leave? you obviously don't know shit about this topic my friend
Thanks given by:
No, it's just as annoying when you are losing and put into the winning team. Sometimes you can be switched 3-4 times a game.

Many inexperienced players will not realize they are being consistently switched, will TK flagrunners because of it etc.

RKTnoob, your entire post misses the point.
Thanks given by:
Also the autoteam switch goes against the concept of encouraging teamwork among teams.
Thanks given by:
As seen here, there is teamwork used on pubs once in a while.(decent cover in this case, even though there was a fail at the end almost blowing the score.)

If I put the effort in to cover guys and get flags for the team, it feels very unfair to suddenly be tossed to the other team. Now everything you've done has been invested into their 10 flags. 10 minutes of work down the drain. Not to mention being switched with armor and/or the flag.

If I'm losing because a good player(s) is on the other team, I get better by playing against them and learning what works. Jumping to their team and playing against SpaghettiMan42 doesn't improve my skills.

shuffle @ start of every game makes more sense.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 13, 03:09AM)Vermi Wrote: what if the teams were balanced at intermission based on that games results?
Yes!

But the current solutions if you have been switched ingame:

- Disconnect from the server and wait until 30 seconds, then reconnect (the autoteam will make his job).
- or, vote-kick an "unarmed/noob" (try to find teamkiller/insulter first) for replace him and switch yourself to enemy team.

Thanks given by:
Just because its not fair, you don't have to kick some innocent dude.
Thanks given by:
Yes of course, the second solution was above all a joke.
No more! ;-)
Thanks given by:
@Nightmare some players just follow the person with the flag, hoping that they can take it when the previous flag holder dies.
Thanks given by:
You can take the same action and think of it in different ways, never knowing the true motive. Are they there just to take the flag for themselves or are they providing backup and being ready to take over if the flag runner dies? In either case the score still goes to the team.
Thanks given by:
You all could possibly be taking the pubs a bit too seriously as well.

If you want an even match, the public servers are not where you should look. Autoteam does a good job of keeping teams evenly matched. It does seem to make bad decisions rather often, but its better than constantly being handicapped on the pubs.

Besides, if you're a decent player you should be used to playing for both sides on the pubs by now. Autoteam prefers to pick on you. :P
Thanks given by:
Can always contact server owners and have them turn it off. :)
Thanks given by:
I love auto-team. I feel bad for the other team when we are owning, and just waiting for the server to empty out. I love it more when someone votes me or the best player from the owning team to try and balance it out. I really hate it though when it splits me and a mate though GRRRRRR.
Thanks given by:
(03 Aug 13, 07:13PM)Nightmare Wrote: Can always contact server owners and have them turn it off. :)
Yes, so topic closed now?
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 13, 11:37AM)Krayce Wrote:
(03 Aug 13, 07:13PM)Nightmare Wrote: Can always contact server owners and have them turn it off. :)
Yes, so topic closed now?

why are you so keen on closing threads?
if a mod feels the thread needs to be closed it will be done, simply saying it's good enough or turn off auto-team is a compromise, I'm currently in the process of attempting to code a little something myself so I would rather this thread stay open as a means to communicate my progress
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 13, 01:00PM)Vermi Wrote: why are you so keen on closing threads?
if a mod feels the thread needs to be closed it will be done, simply saying it's good enough or turn off auto-team is a compromise, I'm currently in the process of attempting to code a little something myself so I would rather this thread stay open as a means to communicate my progress
Owkey, i thought that we had found a easy solution...
...I didn't know that you are currently in the process of attempting to code something yourself.
So, good luck bro!
Thanks given by: