Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ACTV Streaming?
Didn't see any appropriate topic so I thought I would create one. Is ACTV looking for any kind of help with the 2013 world cup?

My desktop is powerful enough and my internet upload is also reasonably fast such that I would be able to stream games for ACTV during the 2013 World Cup, if needed (might be able to stream in 720p, perhaps not, it may have to just be 480p).

My apologies if there was somewhere else to post this, couldn't find an appropriate place.
Thanks given by:
Actually i think that you should have posted in the Rules thread (http://forum.cubers.net/thread-6932.html ) so as to apply as Streamer/caster.
But imo a dedicated thread would be a good thing to encourage people to apply.

Btw, Waffles, you're not in the list of streamers. Is it normal ?
Thanks given by:
i dont normally stream lucas. I could if absolutely needed, but other people's streams are of higher quality.

I also prefer casting.

@zarj, we need as many streamers as we can get, maybe we can set up some kind of actv account like we did last year (or maybe that one is still around). hopefully if your stream is of high enough quality, it will mesh well with other things in place.

Waffles derp edit: nvm, i remember lucas saying that people would have their own accounts to sync with the acwc viewer.
Thanks given by:
We can each stream from our own Twitch accounts, but do it on a common ACWC channel. That is something that could be set up.
Thanks given by:
If you are going to use Twitch for the steaming, I recommand you to don't stream in a higher resolution than 360p, or only if you have one of those pro uber expensive Twitch accounts wich allow users to pick their favourite resolutions. So, a higher resolution than 360p (even if you can upload it, because your internet/computer is fast enough) will disable many viewers, just because Twitch is a bad quality stream service.

Plus it's better (for reasons I already explained, I don't remember where on this forum) to stream in "textreduce -1", for the uploader if his upload is limited, and for the viewer, if his internet is also limited.

360p or lower, or special Twitch account pl0x.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jul 13, 02:40AM)ExodusS Wrote: If you are going to use Twitch for the steaming, I recommand you to don't stream in a higher resolution than 360p, or only if you have one of those pro uber expensive Twitch accounts wich allow users to pick their favourite resolutions. So, a higher resolution than 360p (even if you can upload it, because your internet/computer is fast enough) will disable many viewers, just because Twitch is a bad quality stream service.

Plus it's better (for reasons I already explained, I don't remember where on this forum) to stream in "textreduce -1", for the uploader if his upload is limited, and for the viewer, if his internet is also limited.

360p or lower, or special Twitch account pl0x.

Is this because only you cannot stream anything higher?
Thanks given by:
Of course my internet can't upload a HD video in live, but my internet can't download it too, I am French and I can't imagine some BR trying to get the 780p stream correctly.
Since viewers can't setup their own video resolution, the uploader must set a resolution that fits with everyone.
Thanks given by:
If you stream at 720p isnt it possible as a viewer to switch to 380p like on youtube?

That way people with good internet can watch 720p and people with worse internet can still watch the 380p

Edit: nvm if i understood correctly thats only possible with a premium twitch account
Thanks given by:
I don't think the resolution is the most important part, ExodusS. When I stream even at 360p, I need to upload at a bitrate of at least 1 mb/s, bare minimum, for the stream to be reasonably good quality. At a higher resolution (say 720p) the number will be higher, but probably not a lot higher (I would guess around 2 mb/s). I'm pretty sure mostly everyone should have at least 2 mb/s download.

Even without the ability to change resolutions, if people are on dial-up, they won't be able to watch the stream, period.
Thanks given by:
Eu assito videos no youtube em HD sem problemas nenhum e sou BR! temos conexões de 20 30 100mb aqui! não entendo qual o preconceito do Exodus com os Brasileiros, acho que ele foi estuprado por um no minimo!
Thanks given by:
(25 Jul 13, 04:42PM)Marti Wrote: Edit: nvm if i understood correctly thats only possible with a premium twitch account

I think premium is not enough still. Sanzo was not able to do it with his premium account ...

fuck you pufe you don't even know how twitch server distribution works noob
Thanks given by:
Ok Mestre dos mestres da sabedoria!!!!

(25 Jul 13, 06:33PM)ExodusS Wrote:
(25 Jul 13, 04:42PM)Marti Wrote: Edit: nvm if i understood correctly thats only possible with a premium twitch account

I think premium is not enough still. Sanzo was not able to do it with his premium account ...

fuck you pufe you don't even know how twitch server distribution works noob
Thanks given by:
english plz, we aren't cunts in this thread like the other thread. ours is better.
Thanks given by:
One of the rare occasions im not the one going offtopic

/ontopic what kind of twitch accounts are there? Normal, premium and supermegaillletyoupickyourownresolutionpremium accounts?
Thanks given by:
I am happy to purchase a premimum account for acwc.
Thanks given by:
I can stream if need be in 480p but I work long hours most evenings so who knows :P
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 13, 02:25AM)Marti Wrote: /ontopic what kind of twitch accounts are there? Normal, premium and supermegaillletyoupickyourownresolutionpremium accounts?

I have no idea, I just know that a premium account isn't enough for what I said, of maybe the account needs a large amount of views before we can unlock it, idk...
Thanks given by:
Just checked on Twitch, different resolutions for streams are available for partners only. This is not an option for us, unless we can find some Twitch partner channel willing to help us with ACWC 2013 streaming (ya, right).
Thanks given by:
Ahhk, and the res is quite low.
I will be pulling out of being a streamer, my lag on a foreign server as well as the upload strength of XSplit makes it bad to watch, sorry.
Thanks given by: