T-Shirts?
I think this was discussed before and I apologize for bringing it up again if it has, but my searches for it failed.

Anyway, why can't I buy an Assault Cube T-Shirt? I think a number of people would buy them and it is a way to earn money for development.

It would also be cool if we could get the licensing opened up so that we could make clan shirts with the AC logo on it too.

Just a thought.
Thanks given by:
I think a licence would be hard to get, better create a new logo IMO. :P
Thanks given by:
:-D the FD* logo is awesome :-D you can buy use them :-D. I would use one of Noobicus too lol
Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 13, 05:06PM)ExodusS Wrote: I think a licence would be hard to get, better create a new logo IMO. :P

Ugh, that sounds messy too. To what extent is the name and logo copyrighted? I mean, can you use the font and just make a different bloodied cube? Damn these laws. [Image: as42T9p.gif]
Thanks given by:
Assaultcube radio shirt?
Thanks given by:
F1 for T-Shirts.(and hoodies!)

It's so easy to do. :)
Thanks given by:
Can someone pls explain the license issue again. Would be really nice to have AC t-shirt (m for me :)
Thanks given by:
Pre-order size XL here kthx
Thanks given by:
Why not just have people submit designs (like in the ac radio contest), and use a few select designs?
Thanks given by:
The AssaultCube Logo is © makkE. He may have given his permission to RabidViper Productions (essentially aerke, RK and me, ATM) to use his artwork in AC, but that's it. Anyone wanting to put it on a T-shirt to sell would need his permission.
I guess we can give permission for the AssaultCube name to be used, and the Capture-It font (the "Assault" part of AssaultCube) license allows commercial use.
I'd be uncomfortable making a profit on sales.
Thanks given by:
Profit goes to host the server, excess goes to a charity?
Thanks given by:
Honestly!
I would buy one in an instant!

What stopping us asking MakkE;
"Hey bro, Ya know the AC logo? Yeah? Were puttin' it on T-Shirts 'n' stuff! you dig?"
Then he'll be all like
"Yeah bro, Sure thing... Its my logo after all though, so how about a 20/80 profit split between me and the AC servers"
Then we be like
"Seems resonable.." *Hand shake*
Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 13, 09:23PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Profit goes to hiring a professional programmer to fix the linux bug and add sexy stuff.

(also could just have one of our pro graphics guys make a better new AC logo, similar to the current one, and let it be free.)
Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 13, 09:45PM)Nightmare Wrote: just have one of our pro graphics guys make a better new AC logo, similar to the current one, and let it be free.

Is your AC spirit going down the drain or what? You can't just dump original material because the licensing issue bothers you.

Best thing to do here is write makkE with a decent offer (non-profit preferably) and wait for an answer.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jul 13, 05:05AM)Cleaner Wrote:
(12 Jul 13, 09:45PM)Nightmare Wrote: just have one of our pro graphics guys make a better new AC logo, similar to the current one, and let it be free.

Is your AC spirit going down the drain or what? You can't just dump original material because the licensing issue bothers you.

Best thing to do here is write makkE with a decent offer (non-profit preferably) and wait for an answer.

Makes sense to me. Does anyone have a way to contact makke? I am not looking for profits, I just want a cool shirt.
Thanks given by:
I love this. If this were done from one website where MakkE had full admin so he could see how much he is losing or MaakkEing <(no pun intended) it may be possible. Some one would have to buy material and get them made, plus build a website or have an outside source make the shirts. I would definitely buy one or start chatting with someone if I crossed them wearing one
Thanks given by:
(14 Jul 13, 04:48AM)Noobicus Wrote: I just want a cool shirt.
Yes, plz "makkE" it!
Thanks given by:
well i think if it's a thing like draul's where all the profit goes to web hosting/etc there shouldnt be an issue? or would that mean that ac would need a board of supervisors and an accountant? jamz embezzling money for the hooch
Thanks given by:
I don't want this to die, so does anyone know how to contact maKKe? Just to pique your interest, here is a very basic mock up. I could get these for under $10 per shirt plus shipping if I order 50 or more.

Thanks given by:
Delete the "Loading..." :D
Thanks given by:
It would be fun if there'd be a bar below LOADING that becomes totally red or black when you're totally sweated......
Thanks given by:
I like loading below logo as it is now, and idea form Andrez is awesome :D
Thanks given by:
As some of you heard already, I got this idea for quite a long time ...

But yet, I haven´t found a willing partner or some guys who would like to participate and even more important a final idea how to realize it. For example, you can´t run this kind of business in Germany, profit or non profit driven, it doesn´t matter (you have to be a company or an organization). What quality should they be like (to me only bio cotton or better work out for me)? Making them on our own or a special web shop (like spreadshort and co.).
Thanks given by:
in the states, you can set up a non-profit for it. But the goal would be profit....

we could make it a corporation, but t-shirts are a pretty shit-house business model. plus there'd be a board of directors, yearly meetings (with people taking minutes). I think a simple distribution of the logo, with "rabid viper" or whomever hosts the most webspace (jamz?) could make an argument about making this money to alleviate some financial burden. Give maKKe his 12% cut (arbitrary) and you've got a business. Cafepress saves you from having any production costs (other than what they charge), and the fans get appeased.
Thanks given by:
In Mexico we can do whatever the fuck we want about T-Shirts and its quite affordable, maybe I can help with that
Thanks given by:
when in doubt, source to mexico. it's what volkswagen "USA" did.
Thanks given by:
In France for a 39€ administrative fee you can set up a collectivity (association Loi 1901)
Although defined as non-profit it allows you to set up a business and make profits, as long as they are thoroughly reinvested by the end of the financial year.
Once registered you get siret and vat numbers, you can do international trade if you like it's all legit and tax free.

EDIT: And yes please get them t-shirts of good quality, eco responsible and all.
Thanks given by:
You could just donate to the project without expecting to get something back.
This is a free game and thr majority of players are young and don't have money to spend on merch.

I would be happy to back an effort for AC merch though. (Finacially).
Thanks given by:
(23 Jul 13, 10:27AM)DrauL Wrote: This is a free game and thr majority of players are young and don't have money to spend on merch.
I'm 33 and I don't have money to spend either, don't worry Kids ;=)
Thanks given by:
(23 Jul 13, 03:18AM)Cleaner Wrote: In France for a 39€ administrative fee you can set up a collectivity (association Loi 1901)

An association (type 1901) costs 1€, statuts are more expensive (from 20 to 500€ iirc).
Thanks given by: