Sniper tactics and other tips
Got any? :P
(Inb4 shotgun, smg and carbine tips)
This thread might benefit players who are new to the game.
I have some from my limited experience:
1. Aim
2. Don't stand still all the time
3. Don't run in straight when charging another person's base, strafing is better (move faster = people not hitting you as much = less death = more time alive = more chance to kill people)
4. Know when to die (i.e. take the hits for the flag carrier and possibly frag the attackers)
5. Pull out the pistol after you've fired a sniper shot, fire 2-3 bullets, then pull out the sniper again (still getting the hang of this)
6. Use the knife instead of the pistol when within range (and make sure!) (thanks FD*BigGunZ!) - although avoid the impulse to pull out the knife all the time when the opponent seems close enough - (lag!)
7. Go for a headshot when an enemy is standing still/crouching (not moving) - gives you an extra frag, however, don't do this in the middle of a map in an open area (unless you want to be headshotted or fragged yourself!)
8. Practise, and don't be discouraged by shitty stats in the start
9. Play more OSOK (imo starting off with TOSOK, on an easy map like ac_douze is better)
-Needs something on ambush and tracking headshotting-
Thanks given by:
Sanzooooooooooo!
Thanks given by:
Don't scope. Annoys the hell out of me when people do this. Learn the center of your screen.
Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 13, 02:02PM)PolarHedgehog Wrote: Don't scope.

Scope.
Thanks given by:
Learn to scope, and (if you want a no scope headshot :D) get a general idea where the center of your screen is. Usually pulling out the pistol before attempting a no scope helps give you a better idea.
Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 13, 01:05PM)an_unarmed_civilian Wrote: 7. Go for a headshot when an enemy is standing still/crouching (not moving) - gives you an extra frag, however, don't do this in the middle of a map in an open area (unless you want to be headshotted or fragged yourself!)

Headshotting moving players is more fun.
Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 13, 02:24PM)ExodusS Wrote:
(12 Jul 13, 02:02PM)PolarHedgehog Wrote: Don't scope.

Scope.

Both.

Sometimes it's smart to only hit one bullet on a guy, then leaving him.. It will make him useless and easy to take out for ur mate. This is very good when ur enemy just spawned (like u can do from mid in shine).. It makes them useless, easy to take out, and they will probably rage..
Thanks given by:
sick tactics
Thanks given by:
http://fd.tc/content/download/The%20Mode...0Bench.pdf
Thanks given by:
he actually made a guide? lel

it looks nice though
Thanks given by:
Wait, no Sanzo posts yet? Is he dead or what?
Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 13, 01:05PM)an_unarmed_civilian Wrote: 5. Pull out the pistol after you've fired a sniper shot, fire 2-3 bullets, then pull out the sniper again (still getting the hang of this)

[cubescript]bind F [ if (= (curweapon) (currentprimary)) secondary primary ][/cubescript]

Now press the key to flip back and forth. :)
Thanks given by:
Sanzo teach us your sniper hax plz
Thanks given by:
Shhh, he's still writing his supah dupah long post about his hax :D

Edit: The article posted by kingCHUBBY is a very interesting article - lots of good stuff in there. I also agree with yopa, noscoping a spawning target is effective because they can be taken down by your buddies using the AR (usually newbies using it semiautomatically - with at least 0.5s delay, I may add) - I find I'm noscoping most of the time when the opponent is too close for comfort - i.e. 5-6 metres away, and scope when I am ambush headshotting, have a decent chance of headshotting or the opponent is far away.
Thanks given by:
Is it newbies who use it semiautomatically? I thought the noobie way was to spray everywhere, and the mature way was to slow down and burst or even go semiauto if needed to maintain control. It certainly works for me when I take the AR anyway.
Thanks given by:
The newbies who have seen somewhere, e.g. on 'youtube comments' that they should semi auto, but don't realise you shouldn't leave a 0.5s-1s gap between shots, and yes, the more experienced players do use bursts of three at range (see my AR Tips thread - page 2-3 I believe)
Thanks given by:
I go full auto Bruv. Spread 4 lyfe
Thanks given by:
u aint got no spread doug
Thanks given by:
I dont have deep knowledge from Sniping as the one that made that guide on the link, but there are some few things that could make a direct impact on your gameplay, with any gun you use, but for a Sniper Rifle I guess it could help some more.

First make sure to know the map you are playing, entrances, hallways, corners, common choke points, this becomes useful when you are trying to lead what the opposing team is trying to do or going to. Using this along with checking your minimap as much as you need, knowing what places is safe to go or not (if there's no teammates around that zone, assume it may be used by the opponent), for both T/OSOK and CTF its about map awareness, for public games it may be more intuitive, as for clan matches its more about using strenght on numbers (teammates) so it wouldn't be so hard to spot enemies (TS) neither cover good portions of map having a good sense of where to push or where to put your focus into.

About aiming, this just doesn't come by doing something specific, if you feel awkward when moving your mouse or have issues, no matter what somebody tells you, is not going to work, get used to whatever number you have and see what lacks on your game when approaching to opponents under different circumstances then decide whether increasing or reducing your sensitivity value is a good idea and suits your play style. As for head shots, something that does work for some people is to have a specific height above the ground level to have a reference on the player's head, if you can implement that on your game and feel comfortable with it is no harm really.

Reflexes, quick movements and the like come through experience, so it sums down to that and eventually will give you an extra plus when both you and the opponent are about the same level.

last but not least, know your role, sometimes people tends to despise defensive players because they focus on the fragging part of the game, if you feel comfortable by doing so don't worry about it, both ends attacking and defending are equally useful depending on the moment of the game, this means at some point you may play this role by holding an area of a map (for example ac_depot middle point) allowing your teammates to push inside the enemy base while you provide cover, its never a bad idea to switch spots so you don't grab too much attention and keep them disoriented.

I can't think on anything else for now, i guess there may be more into it but for new players it may be a good starting point.
Thanks given by:
If you want to use the sniper scope it helps if you type /fog 1024 this will get rid of the fog on the maps some players don’t think this is far but most snipers use this the other thing you can do is go to main menu / settings /video settings / advanced video settings / scope fov change the fov for the scope to a lower setting this will make your target closer when you use the scope
Thanks given by:
If you want to use the English language, it helps if you type punctuation marks; this will get rid of the ambiguity and lack of structure. Some people don't think this matters, but most posters use these.
Thanks given by:
Another small tip I would like to add is to either play the shotgun or carbine for a little bit, you can work on when to pull out the knife when close enough with the shotgun - also gives you a good feel for the centre of the screen, also reaction, and the carbine works on accuracy and ability to react quickly to an unexpected enemy attack.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jul 13, 07:54AM)Jack Wrote: If you want to use the English language, it helps if you type punctuation marks; this will get rid of the ambiguity and lack of structure. Some people don't think this matters, but most posters use these.

What are you an english teacher
I was ust trying to contribute get off your high horse
Thanks given by:
This was in the "Mouse or Keyboard to Aim?" post:

MykeGregory wrote:
"if i'm aiming for a moving target thats ahead of me (Running towards or away) i move my mouse only UP and DOWN so its head level (sometimes aim centre mass if i'm unsure) and i'll move LEFT and RIGHT so the cross hair is on their body. In real life this is sort of the "Tracking method" but obviously you are moving as well as the target!

If the target is running sideways (left or right of my screen) I do the same but with less sideways movement. I'll aim ahead of them and wait till they are in my crosshairs. (in real life this is called the "ambush method")"

Also, check out his videos on youtube!
Thanks given by:
Hmmm, i feel like i'm a bit late on this thread :P
But allright, your god has been summoned. Now listen to my tips !

1) don't play sniper on this version
2) play AR
3) need a carry on EUW to push me to Diamond plzthx
Thanks given by:
dem tips
Thanks given by:
(13 Jul 13, 10:40AM)Sanzo Wrote: 2) play AR

Yes, the AR is just slightly OP in this version.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jul 13, 10:40AM)Sanzo Wrote: 3) need a carry on EUW to push me to Diamond plzthx

ask undead huehue

Thanks given by:
i'm already Platinium 3, i need a real carry :P
Thanks given by:
LoL
Thanks given by: